IGNORED

Season Tickets 2022/23 (12,000 sold as at 10th May)

phantom

2 hours ago, Selred said:

Have they really? As low as possible?

That's just pure guesswork

Of course it’s guesswork, speculation if you like..

RG is fully aware of the financial situation facing fans and isn’t going to hike up SC prices thereby pricing them out. That would mean the football club would lose out financially. It’s a balancing act and personally I think he’s got just about right.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Of course it’s guesswork, speculation if you like..

RG is fully aware of the financial situation facing fans and isn’t going to hike up SC prices thereby pricing them out. That would mean the football club would lose out financially. It’s a balancing act and personally I think he’s got just about right.

Two different things, pricing out and as low as possible.

• Hmmm 1

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, we all have different priorities and reasons.

The product on offer doesn’t really affect me.  It’s more about watching “live football”, father and son bonding (occasionally taking my dad too), etc.  At this stage, with Joe being u19, the price isn’t a driver either.

I appreciate that your circumstances are very different to mine and therefore your reasons also. 

I am a bit of an old stager now though having watched City from the fifties. I've  seen us in the top and bottom flights and I've seen brilliance and utter trash in that time. 

Football has changed massively over that time mostly for the better but not always. Yes I've stood ankle deep in p*ss in the old toilets and queued for hours in the rain for tickets. Difference then was that it felt more personal then. Today its much more a business selling a product to a customer. My hearts not in it as much as it was. 

Will I renew?  Probably, but it's more a habit now rather than a passion. Now, where's my checkbook?

• Like 2
  • Robin 1

Although on paper I will probably end up paying more for my SC than if I POTD, I think it’s the FOMO in me that’ll make me renew. What if we look like world beaters in August! 

Plus I really love my seat at the moment, which I finally bagged this season after a few seasons of getting closer to it.

It’s the small things that win out in the end.

• Like 2
  • Robin 1

13 hours ago, Robbored said:

I reckon RG has kept the prices as low as possible for the reasons already explained in this thread.

As low as possible to still maximise money for the club yes. 
As low as possible for the supporters, no.

• Hmmm 2

17 minutes ago, Selred said:

Not at all. They’ve priced it at the highest that they think people will pay. They could of priced it as low as they could. 

RG is quite aware of the financial stress that many are under. He also has a responsibility to his employer to resource as much revenue as possible thru SC sales and that couldn’t have been a straightforward task - its been a balancing act and personally I think he’s done a decent job given the circumstances - we all remember what a ruthless shitbag Smarmy Ashton was when he hiked the SC prices up last season without any consultation  with the Supporters club and trust and that didn’t well end for him.

Edited by Robbored

19 minutes ago, Selred said:

Not at all. They’ve priced it at the highest that they think people will pay. They could of priced it as low as they could. 

Which seems to me to be the definition of sensible, in view of our economic situation.

If they’d priced it lower (as has been covered numerous times before) there is no evidence to suggest they would get more renewals/ newcomers so any more income, much more likely less.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Smarmy Ashton was when he hiked the SC prices up last season without any consultation  with the Supporters club and trust

Prices are up this season across a lot of the tickets and there was no consultation with the supporters club and trust. 

6 minutes ago, Selred said:

Prices are up this season across a lot of the tickets and there was no consultation with the supporters club and trust. 

Because there was no need. The rises for next season are acceptable to the majority of us SC holders, unlike the season when Ashton massively hiked the prices. That’s when the Supporters Club and Trust got involved and he ended up backpedaling.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Because there was no need. The rises for next season are acceptable to the majority of us SC holders, unlike the season when Ashton massively hiked the prices. That’s when the Supporters Club and Trust got involved and he ended up backpedaling.

I tend to agree.  Not sure what triggers any consultation with SC&T, but minimal uplift in prices in some price brackets might’ve meant it wasn’t needed.

Normally an announcement that has lots of negativity and a lot posts on OTIB and social media.  This year I think the broad question is whether the product on the pitch is value for money, especially in current economic climate…but very little dissent over the actual prices per se.

That to me is a tick in the box for Gould.

I think SC sales will drop, but I think they would even if there’d been a price drop.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I tend to agree.  Not sure what triggers any consultation with SC&T, but minimal uplift in prices in some price brackets might’ve meant it wasn’t needed.

Normally an announcement that has lots of negativity and a lot posts on OTIB and social media.  This year I think the broad question is whether the product on the pitch is value for money, especially in current economic climate…but very little dissent over the actual prices per se.

I think SC sales will drop, but I think they would even if there’d been a price drop.

I go to AG to watch my team just as I have for decades and that’s not going change regardless of how attractive the style of football is - heck, I actually sat thru 3 or 4 seasons of drab and dreary crap under GJ. That period was only time that I’ve considered not renewing but I simply couldn’t do it.

As for RG he certainly does deserve a tick. He’s done a pretty good job as CEO. Long may it continue.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Sales will drop however in the letter the club expect numbers to increase, really in what sort of universe do they see that happening. That’s not a clever statement to be making so no tick from me for that one.

Edited by Clevedon Red
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Agreed. I'm not going to renew. Can't remember the last time I didn't have a ST. It's been too depressing and deflating for too long now. If things pick up and we're largely competitive and mostly entertaining I'll get a ST in future.

20 minutes ago, Clevedon Red said:

Sales will drop however in the letter the club expect numbers to increase, really in what sort of universe do they see that happening. That’s not a clever statement to be making so no tick from me for that one.

Miserable sod, go and get a job ???

On 01/04/2022 at 11:39, Robbored said:

RG will be very well aware of the financial restrictions everyone is facing and I reckon that he’s kept the SC prices as low as possible.

I have no complaints.

I’m moving stands and my new seat will cost me £18 per game. That’s very reasonable imv.

Hope the tannoy works for you ?

• Thanks 1

On 02/04/2022 at 17:39, Davefevs said:

Miserable sod, go and get a job ???

Here’s another whinge, logged on to my personalised season ticket page to be greeted with the following sentence.

“We hoped you enjoyed your first year as a season ticket holder”

Well the answer to that is no on 2 counts.

1. The standard of football has been dire at times and

2. How about this is actually my 37th year as a season ticket holder.

Just poor all round. But then they don’t see us as supporters anymore.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Is anyone seeing an option to pay up front?

I'm only being offered the ability to pay by instalments and incur the £25 fee for that so I'd really rather not!

I had the same issue earlier (instalments the only option). I cleared cookies and tried again later and the upfront payment option did appear and went through ok. Obviously a few gremlins in the system. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Trying to renew mine and my daughters, she’s 11 and 12 in January but it won’t let me renew her ticket as u12, is that right does anyone know?

22 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Having same issue, my lad is 12 31/05/23!! Surely he still qualifies for under 12

Do either have multiple logins?

I logged in as Joe (the season card holder - but u19), wouldn’t let me buy, so logged in as myself (cared) and it worked fine.

1 hour ago, Rob k said:

Trying to renew mine and my daughters, she’s 11 and 12 in January but it won’t let me renew her ticket as u12, is that right does anyone know?

She certainly qualifies as an U12 - I wonder if they've recorded her DOB correctly? Edit: Saw the other replies. You couldn't make this up :(

Season Ticket Ts and Cs

1.4 The cut-off date for each age band is August 1st. For example, if you are 65 years old on August 1st you qualify for a senior 65+ ticket, whilst if you are 12 on August 1st, you would not qualify for an under-12 ticket.

Edited by Sleepy1968

Renewed mine and the kids (u12 and u19) no issues.

I wonder (although don’t think our systems are this smart) if some problems may be linked to ID or otherwise - I remember having to provide passport copies for the kids previously and if we don’t have on file/not updated properly could it be that?

• Like 1