IGNORED

The great John Bailey

sticks 1969

OK, so far we have The Masonic and Liquid Assets - anyone want to add further boozers along North Street??

(Probably them all, if we're honest)

Mind you, I can still see that winning goal at Crewe even now. What a night that was - punching the air all the way home,, Brassneck by the Weddoes on repeat on the car stereo .

What a team, what a season. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

OK, so far we have The Masonic and Liquid Assets - anyone want to add further boozers along North Street??

(Probably them all, if we're honest)

Mind you, I can still see that winning goal at Crewe even now. What a night that was - punching the air all the way home,, Brassneck by the Weddoes on repeat on the car stereo .

What a team, what a season. 

Great night - my trip home was shorter (Rochdale). Wedding Present top of their game at the time - saw them half a dozen times in a couple of years - loved Brassneck!!!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sglosbcfc said:

I was at Crewe that night, my 15th Birthday....where did the years go? ? Cracking night though, Crewe had a more than decent team and battered us, then Bailey delivered his wonderful strike.

If memory serves me our goal keeper had the game of his life and made save after save to get us the 3 points.

I remember it being a midweek game , was Andy leaning the keeper ?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, swanker said:

Good player for us but the thing I remember most about him was a game v Swansea at home. John Solako was playing for them, he was on loan from Palace. Solako absolutely destroyed our defence that day and Bailey was marking him. 

I will never forget that game although I can’t remember who was marking him. My dad said on the way out we should get straight on the phone and sign him up. One of the best performances I’ve seen at AG in 35 years 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, swanker said:

Good player for us but the thing I remember most about him was a game v Swansea at home. John Solako was playing for them, he was on loan from Palace. Solako absolutely destroyed our defence that day and Bailey was marking him. 

John solako unfortunately one of the best one man displays iv ever seen at the gate 

• Like 2

As a young teenage lad i had the pleasure of attending a sports physio course at ashton gate with buster… one day ive gone in and john bailey is sat there with one foot in a bucket of water with wires going in to it…. Small electric pulses to help with an injury according to buster…. Someone suggested that i put my hand in the bucket with johns foot to see if i could feel the pulses seeing as i was closest to him…. As a 13 year old city fan i certainly knew who he was, but wasnt sure why john was looking at me like a lion watching an antelope….

so i put my hand in gingerly…. At which point john shouts “BANG” next to my ear….. i obviously jump a mile and soil my underwear while he and everyone else around cracked up laughing…. Fun times!

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Elruliri said:

I remember that game 3-1? To Swansea. They also had Tommy Hutchinson on the left wing he was about 42. He ran Andy Lou ragged.

Yeah, Hutchinson looked like Wurzel Gummidge with his long hair and big nose. He made it all look really easy and didn’t break into a sweat. 

• Like 2