IGNORED

Shrewsbury

Edgy Red

I have just checked the League 1 table and Shrewsbury have the 3rd best defensive record. They are comfortably mid table in what is a very strong league this season.

Fair play to Cotts with all of his personal health issues over the last 18 months, i think he's doing a decent job at The New Meadow.

Regardless of what anyones opinions are of his time with us, he's proving again that he's more than a decent coach and can organise a team at that level.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

Been on a good run of late, an excellent win at Rotherham, 3 clean sheets on the spin, I think.

He was getting a bit of stick earlier this season, the usual chippy interviews after they were getting beat, but is right back on track now.

Love the bloke.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I believe they’ve used the least number of players in Lg1 this season.  I suspect Cotts had aspirations to do a bit better this season though.

You're probably right Dave. I've spoken to Cotts (many years ago) at a couple of trophy presentations in Cheltenham and his passion for the game is incredible and he sets very high standards.

I just think with what he's been through over the past 18 months that he's doing a decent job and i was surprised to see that they have such a good defensive record amongst a strong set of clubs.

It will be interesting to see if he can get them in to the top half of the league next season.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Edgy Red said:

I have just checked the League 1 table and Shrewsbury have the 3rd best defensive record. They are comfortably mid table in what is a very strong league this season.

Fair play to Cotts with all of his personal health issues over the last 18 months, i think he's doing a decent job at The New Meadow.

Regardless of what anyones opinions are of his time with us, he's proving again that he's more than a decent coach and can organise a team at that level.

Done more for them than they couldave hoped for and never wasted any money on fifty shit players .

• Like 1
  • Flames 2

• Admin
7 hours ago, Edgy Red said:

Goes to show that he must have a great management team around him if they kept up with the performance levels in his absence 

3 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Still the only manager I didn’t want sacked! He should have been backed and given time.

There was a lot around the Maguire and Gray transfer stories. Not sure if any of these were ever validated.

I’d take him back.

They were both true. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Hmmm 1