IGNORED

AFC Bournemouth away match day thread

That was a pretty brutal half of defending and attempting to counter. Nice set piece goal but other than that we've struggled to get the ball, keep the ball, or do anything with it. 

More due to Bournemouth being good then us being bad though, so that's positive...I guess? Zemura, Anthony, Solanke all dangerous, and they're a team team combines physicality and technical ability. It's a potent combination. 

Still, if this finishes with us taking points I'll be pleasantly surprised. It will mean another dogged 45 minutes.

• Like 1

I know it won’t please the moaners but going in level is a decent achievement.

Solanke cost them £17m, look at our back 3, a signing from Bath City, a bloke who didn’t have a club for 6 months until January & a player with 1 season of L1 football under his belt prior to this.

Hilarious to read some of the comments, Bournemouth have spent absolute fortunes, brought in 5 more in January.

Decent effort so far, a point would be brilliant.

• Like 15
Just now, old_eastender said:

HT 1-1, predictably been backs to the wall stuff for long periods and as it stands unlikely that B'muff won't score again.

Martin is more-or-less just a passenger bypassed by their quicker players all the time, I'd take him off and bring Massengo on to try and enable us to keep the ball better.

Agree martin is a waste of a shirt and we need More in midfield its far to easy for them to pass it through us... Unlucky with the goal big suspicion of offside but was never gonna be given....

Just go to keep fighting the second half...

• Confused 1
Just now, keflav said:

Agree martin is a waste of a shirt and we need More in midfield its far to easy for them to pass it through us... Unlucky with the goal big suspicion of offside but was never gonna be given....

Just go to keep fighting the second half...

“Waste of a shirt”

******* embarrassing comment.

• Like 9
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 2
1 minute ago, dave36 said:

Geriatric Lino often at the gate, can’t keep up 

Mick McCarthy's dad????

Tough half.  Alex Scott looks like he struggling, players running off him too.

Often we are 541 out of possession.

Suspect second half will be much of the same.  Need to care for the ball on the break too, players need to give better angles, not necessarily run for ONE killer pass.