IGNORED

AFC Bournemouth away match day thread

Good team are Bournemouth but let’s not use that as an excuse for them battering us. Reading, Peterborough, Hull and even Boreham Wood have nullified their threat in recent weeks. Sometimes you need to be bold and not show technically superior opposition too much respect. We haven’t done that thus far.

Edited by Wanderingred
  • Like 1
Just now, And Its Smith said:

Expectation has sunk so low hasn’t it. You are happy with 22% possession it seems. Amazing that other teams below us in the table can go there and have the ball half of the time, isn’t it. Quick, text about parachute payments…

They are a far better side than we are. Expectations were low before the game because of this. I wouldn’t expect us to have a great deal of possession. Did you?

Just now, Wanderingred said:

Good team are Bournemouth but let’s not use that as an excuse for them battering us. Reading, Peterborough, Hull and even Boreham Wood have nullified their threat in recent weeks. Sometimes you need to be bold and not show them too much respect. 

Exactly.  It’s so sad that some fans expectations are so low nowadays. 

Just now, Engvall’s Splinter said:

They are a far better side than we are. Expectations were low before the game because of this. I wouldn’t expect us to have a great deal of possession. Did you?

Yes they are better than us. In football, one team is usually better than the other but I would expect better than this.  Why can other teams go there and play well and keep the ball? We can’t even make 4 consecutive passes. It’s that which annoys me. I don’t mind losing to Bournemouth away but I mind how we lose!

Frustrating, we caught them with an early sucker punch and it was backs to the wall from then on. Defended stoutly initially but this defence cannot soak up indefinite pressure, and the few times we were able to break our inevitably we wasted possession and they’d come right back at us again.

1 minute ago, Bedred31 said:

9500 fans go wild …

I know it's annoying that we are being outplayed by a team that get half our crowds in a city half the size but that's what cheating your way the the Premier League does for you, not sure unless we fluke it any of us will live long enough to see us in the top flight.

3 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Expectation has sunk so low hasn’t it. You are happy with 22% possession it seems. Amazing that other teams below us in the table can go there and have the ball half of the time, isn’t it. Quick, text about parachute payments…

Not happy with it, but I also didn't expect to get anything from the game. We worked hard in the first half and I didn't think it was too bad overall - shame Semenyo isn't fit as I think he's a big asset in games like this when we try and counter attack, which hasn't really worked.

I don't think we're a team who would try and match Bournemouth for possession, but I agree I'd hope / expect us to have a bit more control on the game than we have done.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Yes they did come down from the prem but they had to get past us first like many others to get there.

Proof that posh grounds dont guarantee promotion.....managers and their employers do that.

1 minute ago, IAmNick said:

Not happy with it, but I also didn't expect to get anything from the game. We worked hard in the first half and I didn't think it was too bad overall - shame Semenyo isn't fit as I think he's a big asset in games like this when we try and counter attack, which hasn't really worked.

I don't think we're a team who would try and match Bournemouth for possession, but I agree I'd hope / expect us to have a bit more control on the game than we have done.

I think it’s the last point you make that worries me massively about next season. We aren’t even average in possession, we are terrible. A long way to go to even be average. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, old_eastender said:

another Penalty not given to us

Hopeless *** of a referee not helped by a utterly hopeless *** of a linesman who can’t see an offside either. 

I really try to be objective when it comes to refereeing, having done it a kids level, but these pricks get paid for this.

Edited by bexhill reds
4 minutes ago, gl2 said:

Yes they did come down from the prem but they had to get past us first like many others to get there.

Proof that posh grounds dont guarantee promotion.....managers and their employers do that.

They cheated FFP to get there, actually.

• Like 4