IGNORED

AFC Bournemouth away match day thread

We were given a footballing lesson today, in a game which illustrated the gulf between us and the top Championship teams. Impressed by their slick passing and movement. We were fortunate their domination didn’t result in a heavier defeat. The stats reinforce the difference between the teams.

We gave everything in terms of effort and commitment but the difference in ability / quality was simply too much.

Thought Cundy, Atkinson and Klose all came out of that game with great credit and Tommy Conway played in a great ball for AW to score.

Hope we don’t dwell on the penalty that might have been or the Travers save from Martin, IMO we were comprehensively outplayed.

• Like 1
Just now, pillred said:

Would not be surprised if he didn't put in a transfer request, and to be honest I wouldn't blame him.

expect SL sees pound notes when he looks at AW very suprised if he is here next season

Just now, gl2 said:

expect SL sees pound notes when he looks at AW very suprised if he is here next season

Want a bet?

You have been posting this nonsense for weeks, he’s 31 in August & sides could have signed him for nothing last summer (Stoke tried).

I will be amazed if he’s elsewhere by August.

• Like 11
Just now, Bedred31 said:

Even with basic, well below average defending, this team could be challenging. I don’t think today is a parachute payment thing- it’s a bizarre side that can score against the best but can’t defend against the under 10’s thing. 

Players in makeshift positions at times, Scott is not a wing back / full back, neither is Wiemann nor Bell, good teams make use of that. Defended too deep at set pieces, missing a nasty bastard in midfield. 

A strong showing in the final 30 minutes gives some cause for optimism. City employed an aggressive, higher press, which coupled with DaSilva's switch to the left and Scott at RWB created great chances. Sadly, you have to take the few you're given and if Martin had gone either side of Travers it was 2-2. Denied another penalty too with Kelly's knee on Martin. Great cameo by Tommy Conway too.

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Sometimes you have to take a step back to gain momentum,don’t think any of us enjoy being mid to lower table and not enjoying football 

No I don’t want to see us in League 1, we need to remain a Championship team, else we’ll never compete in that league, the financial gap will get wider.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Want a bet?

You have been posting this nonsense for weeks, he’s 31 in August & sides could have signed him for nothing last summer (Stoke tried).

I will be amazed if he’s elsewhere by August.

That's 4 years younger than Jamie Vardy, I wouldn't be that confident there will many suitors that's for sure.

1 minute ago, Curr Avon said:

A strong showing in the final 30 minutes gives some cause for optimism. City employed an aggressive, higher press, which coupled with DaSilva's switch to the left and Scott at RWB created great chances. Sadly, you have to take the few you're given and if Martin had gone either side of Travers it was 2-2. Denied another penalty too with Kelly's knee on Martin. Great cameo by Tommy Conway and  Bentley outstanding again.

Edited by Curr Avon