IGNORED

Pearce and Sutton 5 Live

Waconda

7 hours ago, Dolman_Stand said:

If you mean Chris Sutton then I'm sorry but he is up there with the worst pundits I've seen or heard.

Still a hundred times better than Clinton Morrison. I just can not listen to a commentary when he is co commentator.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Sir Geoff said:

Still a hundred times better than Clinton Morrison. I just can not listen to a commentary when he is co commentator.

Couldn't agree more. Someone on here described him as a kid that's had too much sugar, absolutely spot on!

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

Chris Sutton is great. Very different to most pundits. Very dry sense of humour. Nice not to listen to a cliched robot 

Took me a while to realise that he's playing devil's advocate and purposely being contrary to get a rise and liven up the conversation. Once I accepted that he became much easier to stomach 

He's a bit like an annoying uncle at a family do. Yeah he's annoying, but the room would be pretty dry without him

• Like 3

Clinton Morrison has absolutely zero analysis, but when he does stumble upon something accidentally he always immediately repeats it. Listen to him next time he’s on!

That said for some reason I can’t help but like him - most pundits are rubbish but at least he’s cheerful and engaging. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bernard Lerring said:

Couldn't agree more. Someone on here described him as a kid that's had too much sugar, absolutely spot on!

Took me a while to realise that he's playing devil's advocate and purposely being contrary to get a rise and liven up the conversation. Once I accepted that he became much easier to stomach 

He's a bit like an annoying uncle at a family do. Yeah he's annoying, but the room would be pretty dry without him

That was me. I have to change the channel now when I hear Clinton Morrison. It gives me night terrors. 

46 minutes ago, Super said:

Brought up listening to the likes of Peter Jones Mike Ingham, Alan Green along with Jimmy Armfield. None of this lot even come close. I do like Pat Nevin though.

Pat Nevin is always insightful.

I was at medical school with Chris Sutton’s brother. Chris Sutton is not an idiot, but at times he deliberately tries to be contrary just to get the debate going.

And Jonathan Pearce is the perfect foil for that, as he be also likes a good discussion.

1 hour ago, Super said:

Brought up listening to the likes of Peter Jones Mike Ingham, Alan Green along with Jimmy Armfield. None of this lot even come close. I do like Pat Nevin though.

13 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

I was at medical school with Chris Sutton’s brother. Chris Sutton is not an idiot, but at times he deliberately tries to be contrary just to get the debate going.

And Jonathan Pearce is the perfect foil for that, as he be also likes a good discussion.

Recommend Pat Nevin’s book - cut above the usual football bios

54 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

Yep

5 hours ago, steveybadger said:

Clinton Morrison has absolutely zero analysis, but when he does stumble upon something accidentally he always immediately repeats it. Listen to him next time he’s on!

That said for some reason I can’t help but like him - most pundits are rubbish but at least he’s cheerful and engaging. 

I think he works well on Soccer Saturday. Not heard him do commentary, but can see how it doesn't necessarily transfer.