IGNORED

Keynsham Town - An Unreasonable Journey?

Silvio Dante

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Wasn’t there some enforced restructuring that happened in the close season?

I thought that was steps four to six.  

The Western league league is constantly altering as teams enter the Southern League and leave for steps down, and across. Frome. Larkhall, Manor Farm, Melksham, Paulton amongst other long term members have been lost and in are coming teams from elsewhere.

South West teams leaving the South peninsula league etc are stepping up a level to Western league football. Teams like Saltash have left and returned to the Western League from a lower level. 

Versus the eighties, nineties the Western league has become dynamic versus being filled with the same teams season upon season. Keynsham are in that evolving league by choice. Point here is there are alternatives for Keynsham, others choose alternative leagues that fit means and ambition. 

Edited by Cowshed
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Super said:

Where is mousehole?

Here

1CDAB7D5-DA4A-437E-AB59-51CC32C1F05B.png

Edited by pongo88
  • Haha 2

As an illustration of quite how wide is the south of England I knew the chap who drive the Truro City supporter's minibus to away games.

There was at the time some question if what league they might be promoted into - Conference North or South.

There are funny rules about it and I remember Gloucester City being in the North whilst Worcester was in the South.

Anyway being a bit of an anorak he had calculated the combined distance to the fixtures in each league and it would actually have been lower mileage for Truro if they had been promoted into the Conference North.

This was mainly because of the number of Midlands' teams in the Northern division which were much closer than than the teams in Kent, Sussex or East Anglia.

• Like 3

I grew up in Cornwall. Funnily enough, when you tell people down there that you've moved to Bristol, they'll say something along the lines of 'Oh that's good, not too far away then'. When I'm in Bristol and tell someone that I'm from Cornwall they'll remark that that's a bloody long way away! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cowshed said:

I thought that was steps four to six.  

The Western league league is constantly altering as teams enter the Southern League and leave for steps down, and across. Frome. Larkhall, Manor Farm, Melksham, Paulton amongst other long term members have been lost and in are coming teams from elsewhere.

South West teams leaving the South peninsula league etc are stepping up a level to Western league football. Teams like Saltash have left and returned to the Western League from a lower level. 

Versus the eighties, nineties the Western league has become dynamic versus being filled with the same teams season upon season. Keynsham are in that evolving league by choice. Point here is there are alternatives for Keynsham, others choose alternative leagues that fit means and ambition. 

But there was an enforced reshuffle that all teams really didn't know what they were signing up for. The only going they could rely on was zero support from the fa suits!

I think Ashton amd Blackwell were scheduled to tra el down there on boxing day! Where is the logic in that

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, frenchred said:

But there was an enforced reshuffle that all teams really didn't know what they were signing up for. The only going they could rely on was zero support from the fa suits!

I think Ashton amd Blackwell were scheduled to tra el down there on boxing day! Where is the logic in that

There were Cornish teams in the Western league in the eighties. The number has increased as the Western League has evolved with teams being promoted, or entering the Hellenic league.

The Western league has moved on its not the same clubs around Bristol, Somerset and North/West Wilts. The Western league is better for it. Clubs progress up and through.  

Logic? Clubs don't know what they are part of. Yes they do and the Cornish teams go the other way. 

18 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

There were Cornish teams in the Western league in the eighties. The number has increased as the Western League has evolved with teams being promoted, or entering the Hellenic league.

The Western league has moved on its not the same clubs around Bristol, Somerset and North/West Wilts. The Western league is better for it. Clubs progress up and through.  

Logic? Clubs don't know what they are part of. Yes they do and the Cornish teams go the other way. 

yep agree with all that mate, but surely the trips could be better managed?

wont hold me breath on that one mind!

• Admin
3 hours ago, frenchred said:

yep agree with all that mate, but surely the trips could be better managed?

wont hold me breath on that one mind!

But when a game is postponed because of the weather and the only available slots are midweek matches there's nothing sadly that can help 

Just now, phantom said:

But when a game is postponed because of the weather and the only available slots are midweek matches there's nothing sadly that can help 

don’t kid yourself that nothing could be done, it’s happened throughout the season, bloody stupid at that level