IGNORED

Peterborough at home (very early) match day thread

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Just for the record I hate Peterborough, always have. There may be some lingering dislike caused by the horrible journeys I used to take to my company's Head Office there, or the fact that even people in Peterborough struggle to tell you where it is. (Somewhere off the A1 being the best description).

But I think it goes back further than that, it's because they remind me of the Gas with the way they revel in their shite ground and their 'plucky underdog' image. Like the Gas they have also embraced dodgy owners, managers and DoF's and have an annoying habit of getting the best out of raw talent and making money out of it.

I hope the 350 mile return journey is as miserable as sin for them and is literally pointless 

But apart from all that you quite like them ?

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Just for the record I hate Peterborough, always have. There may be some lingering dislike caused by the horrible journeys I used to take to my company's Head Office there, or the fact that even people in Peterborough struggle to tell you where it is. (Somewhere off the A1 being the best description).

But I think it goes back further than that, it's because they remind me of the Gas with the way they revel in their shite ground and their 'plucky underdog' image. Like the Gas they have also embraced dodgy owners, managers and DoF's and have an annoying habit of getting the best out of raw talent and making money out of it.

I hope the 350 mile return journey is as miserable as sin for them and is literally pointless 

Hope you are in a better mood come 3pm @Port Said Red ??

• Haha 1
36 minutes ago, CHAZ MICHAELS said:

Big home win incoming.

I'll take any home win, even against Peterborough. Could you survive a Wrexham v Dover game: 2-0 up 5-2 down, with a winner coming in the 8th minute of added time? I'd almost (but not quite) take a boring 0-0 draw for the strain something like that would put on my heart :).

Just out of interest, we can nearly be mathematically safe from relegation today.

Win, and Barnsley lose at Millwall, we can only be caught by Barnsley out of the bottom three, and that by goal difference.

Not remotely suggesting we are anything but safe, but could pretty much be put to bed today.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Just out of interest, we can nearly be mathematically safe from relegation today.

Win, and Barnsley lose at Millwall, we can only be caught by Barnsley out of the bottom three, and that by goal difference.

Not remotely suggesting we are anything but safe, but could pretty much be put to bed today.

Premature celebrations can come back to haunt you ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Another match day, what to expect, stil feeling positive but worried at the same time.Sat down here in Southampton with my stress ball for when after 5  minutes the forum goes off on one.We really do need a win today. I was at the away match and thought it was a great team/ fan effort on the day.

20220405_085026.jpg

4 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

the fact that even people in Peterborough struggle to tell you where it is. (Somewhere off the A1 being the best description).

I'm not surprised. 80 miles from Doncaster, so it's North, but also 80 miles from London putting it in the South. 40 miles from Leicester, so it's East Midlands countered by being 40 miles from Kings Lynn making it East Anglia.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

Another match day, what to expect, stil feeling positive but worried at the same time.Sat down here in Southampton with my stress ball for when after 5  minutes the forum goes off on one.We really do need a win today. I was at the away match and thought it was a great team/ fan effort on the day.

20220405_085026.jpg

It must be new. Should look haggard by now!

24 minutes ago, 22A said:

I'm not surprised. 80 miles from Doncaster, so it's North, but also 80 miles from London putting it in the South. 40 miles from Leicester, so it's East Midlands countered by being 40 miles from Kings Lynn making it East Anglia.

Not far from the Fens either.... When I stayed multiple nights in hotels, the regional news seemed to change to reflect what you have pointed out. Very confusing when you wake up in the morning wondering where you are.