IGNORED

Peterborough at home (very early) match day thread

1 minute ago, BCFC Grim said:

We'd be relegated if it wasn't for deductions. Pearsons done a pretty poor job but I'm done calling for the managers head. The problem is right at the top 

Correct. As has been pointed out countless times on multiple threads. And because it’s at the very top, it’s a lot harder to rectify than it would be, if what were required was a managerial change or new player signings. It would need the very top to recognise that the problem is the very top, which is about as likely as Putin resigning because he made a major miscalculation over Ukraine. Don’t expect a resolution any time soon.

• Like 1

Lacklustre, almost pedestrian. Poor control, poor passing decisions, little movement when in possession, no creativity, persistently wasteful in the final third, lacking strength, turning backs on the tackle, created our own problems, conceded against 10 men from giving away a pointless free kick. No commitment, no desire. 2 points dropped. Lots of headless chickens out there today.

• Like 4

"Bristol City showed no intent for the 2nd half and both teams know where they'll be next season, so a poor end of season game". was the summary rom Radio P'boro'.

IMHO, if we had drawn at P'boro' in October and won 3-2 today, we'd all be much happier.

• Like 1

Well it’s time for Baldrick ******* Lansdown to come up with a cunning plan that works because if we just limp into next season as we are it won’t be pretty. £150 million investment and you’ve royally ducked it up Stevie Boy. High Performance Centre, garbage performances, stadium rebuild, empty seats. Where would we be without him, probably 19th in the Championship or 3rd in League 1…..

Just now, MarcusX said:

He got better after I commented tbf, but heavy touches and poor decision making the first few times he got in promising positions

If you could take Chris Martin's footballing brain and put it into Semenyo, he would be one hell of a player. As it is for all the threat he carries his decision making lets him down more often that not.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

1-1 against 10 men, bottom of the league, with a horrific goal difference. Shambles, how has this football club became so bad both on and off the field. I just want to see some entertaining football 

That’s what kills you, the football today was dire. James literally looked like a fat bloke who had won a raffle to play in a Championship match and most of the others weren’t far behind.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Pearson has to shoulder the blame for this performance and many many others this season- the problem is he doesn’t 

I disagree.

It’s not his fault that players make bad decisions in good positions. It’s not his fault that players who ARE capable of making 5 yard passes suddenly decided today that they’d forgotten how to.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, collier said:

Even worse I needed City win for £150 quid on my acca, teach me to bet City to beat the bottom side that have let in over 80 goals this season I suppose.

I feel your pain mate. I've bet on City 5 times this season and lost every time. 3 other times when I bottled it and they won, if I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all.

Got £100 on the Gas @5/2 (to help with the pain if they go up) but believe me I don't want that bet to win in a month of Sundays.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, MarcusX said:

I disagree.

It’s not his fault that players make bad decisions in good positions. It’s not his fault that players who ARE capable of making 5 yard passes suddenly decided today that they’d forgotten how to.

Very true. 90 minutes of incessant poor decision making by blokes on £6-£25k per week was the issue today.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Slippin cider said:

Funny that , so are the team! :facepalm:

I don’t believe that for a minute. They’ve all got something to play for . I’ve been a big fan of Nige since he joined but that was just ******* dire today. 
and I didn’t leave the pub till 3 and missed the first 15 minutes ?

Just now, MarcusX said:

I disagree.

Is it not his fault that we didn’t look like we knew how to manage the game when it was 11v 10? We didn’t spread the play we were indecisive in possession and didn’t look like we had a clue how to break them down. This is a very experienced manager we are talking about!!

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Very true. 90 minutes of incessant poor decision making by blokes on £6-£25k per week was the issue today.

He is the manager . His job and the coaches job is to help them improve 

They have failed. Failed horribly 

Any other line of work you would be gone if your staff were performing like that week in week out