IGNORED

Peterborough at home (very early) match day thread

3 minutes ago, glynriley said:

I don’t believe that for a minute. They’ve all got something to play for . I’ve been a big fan of Nige since he joined but that was just ******* dire today. 
and I didn’t leave the pub till 3 and missed the first 15 minutes ?

You still managed to turn up before most of our players though.

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Is it not his fault that we didn’t look like we knew how to manage the game when it was 11v 10? We didn’t spread the play we were indecisive in possession and didn’t look like we had a clue how to break them down. This is a very experienced manager we are talking about!!

No, it’s the players out there who shoulder that today. Tactically there was nothing to worry about. When 8 or 9 lads put in 4 and 5 out of 10 displays that really is on the players tbh. When you are on ten large every ******* week you shouldn’t need to be told how to see out a game against that mob we played today.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
7 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I disagree.

It’s not his fault that players make bad decisions in good positions. It’s not his fault that players who ARE capable of making 5 yard passes suddenly decided today that they’d forgotten how to.

To be honest, they're all as responsible as each other. Neither the players nor the manager will come out of this season with any real credit

• Like 4
28 minutes ago, fixit said:

No wonder the players don't listen to the coaches if they're all as soporific as Mickey Bell.

Absolutely dreadful - Sack the management as they don't have what it takes.

Bell consistently said ‘ I can see us scoring’ despite 90 + minutes of evidence to the contrary! 

We will need a total clear out in the summer and bring in 6 or 7 new faces this squad aren't good enough (NSS) and the ones who are good enough will have to be sold off to bring in a transfer kitty It is such a shame the club seems to be being run into the ground and only going in one direction The season ticket sales will drop as fans have had enough of watching this clueless tacticless and gutless football 

1 minute ago, westonred said:

We will need a total clear out in the summer and bring in 6 or 7 new faces this squad aren't good enough (NSS) and the ones who are good enough will have to be sold off to bring in a transfer kitty It is such a shame the club seems to be being run into the ground and only going in one direction The season ticket sales will drop as fans have had enough of watching this clueless tacticless and gutless football 

Only one man to point the finger at if that happens.

2 minutes ago, westonred said:

This sums things up to me. On one hand a realisation how dire the situation is, and at the same time expecting exciting football that has us in a better league position. you have to connect the two. We are comfortably up with massive improvements upfront, loads of youth player getting game time, signs of defensive improvements recently (particularly from set pieces). Expectations have to be aligned with reality. 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

You still managed to turn up before most of our players though.

It pains me that the best part of Saturday is catching up with friends and family. It should worry SL that our little crew , who range from 20 to 60 years of support have lost faith in how he runs the club. 
Loved the Cooper years when we never had a pot to piss in, but this is different. Total mismanagement from a financial expert is unbelievable. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 3
7 minutes ago, glynriley said:

It pains me that the best part of Saturday is catching up with friends and family. It should worry SL that our little crew , who range from 20 to 60 years of support have lost faith in how he runs the club. 
Loved the Cooper years when we never had a pot to piss in, but this is different. Total mismanagement from a financial expert is unbelievable. 

Nailed it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Didn’t bother renewing my ST at the end of last season and have been a handful of times this season. Each time I left at the end of the match I asked myself why put myself through it. It’s painful to watch and predictable. Of those 6 games I seen us win once.

I take my hat off to those who continue going week in week out, they are hardcore and easily pleased perhaps 

I want to see progress with NP but my god we have some absolute garbage that needs moving on before I bother even contemplating going to another game 

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Is it not his fault that we didn’t look like we knew how to manage the game when it was 11v 10? We didn’t spread the play we were indecisive in possession and didn’t look like we had a clue how to break them down. This is a very experienced manager we are talking about!!

Decision making. He can’t make every individual decision ffs. I’ve played the game for 15+ years I know how to manage a game when you’ve got a man over - I’m sure the players on the pitch know HOW to play, they just didn’t do it. They made shit individual decisions time and time again. Semenyos shot / cross, Kloses sitter of a header, Weimans acrobatic whatever the hell it was at the back post, Martin taking a touch when he could have hit it first time. None of those things are Pearson’s fault, but each could have settled the game.

• Like 3
57 minutes ago, Crackers Corner said:

For me the worst performance of the season, 2 poor teans and we were really inconsistent throughout. We haven't looked like a team all season or last. Normally positive but that was utter shite.

No way, what about when we lost at Coventry when they were down to 10 at half time? I was at the game and it wasn't good but I've seen a lot worse, we got a point that makes it almost certain we're safe given other results, should have won but the lads put the effort in it wasn't for lack of trying.

We had a young, inexperienced unproven manager and showered him with transfer funds. We’ve got an older, experienced and sometime proven manager, and not given him a penny. I get the frustration, really, but if we keep whinging and gunning for NP, this is only going one way- to a young, inexperienced and unproven manager with no money to spend.

• Like 3

I thought it was dreadfully poor today. I thought Posh were more cohesive and played better than us. That said, when we moved it quicker they looked woeful and you could see why they're bottom of the league.

I sat there thinking we are the League 1 team by the amount of balls played up to Martin.

Williams looked (understandably) off pace as did the rest of the midfield. James is so one paced.

I felt sorry for Wells as he had very little to work with.

Cundy played well until injured. I thought Dasilva was our best player.

There was nothing dynamic about that performance today

Given all of the turmoil from the Ashton fall out this match just shows how much a rebuild this club needs and that will have to be done with no funds because of FFP and even less money with fans not choosing to renew their season tickets.

We're drifting towards the end of dreadful season & I for one can't wait for it to end.

• Like 1

Sorry to say that as a supporter since 1958, all I needed today was for my mate, 4 years older than me, and a ST holder like me for decades, to say he wasn't going after cataract surgery, and I would not go.  I feel I have been lied to as a supporter ( and my mate and I with our business sponsored the club in the 70's) and that years of bad management have contributed to where we are now. I love BCFC but am not renewing my ST as a message HAS to be sent to the management that supporters have had enough. Sorry guys, I have had enough and will watch local grass roots football next season as I LOVE the beautiful ( not at AG !) game.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

That was all about the players for me today, absolutely woeful performance and yet further evidence we’ve plenty of players who simply aren’t good enough. 

From where I was in the singing section is was pretty clear the “this is embarrassing” and “you’re ******* shit” chants were aimed at them. 

For the first time I can remember they were shooed away from the singing section when they came over and clearly told to do one. 

• Like 2