IGNORED

Peterborough at home (very early) match day thread

1 hour ago, Crackers Corner said:

For me the worst performance of the season, 2 poor teans and we were really inconsistent throughout. We haven't looked like a team all season or last. Normally positive but that was utter shite.

That’s what I don’t understand and it’s now annoying me. How we go from a decent performance against Bournemouth, where we played well and pushed a top team all the way, to really struggling against Peterborough. Same when a couple of weeks ago we beat Blackburn away only to completely capitulate against Barnsley.

We can’t even blame a tiring midweek game today. We just looked second best from the start. I have no faith in Pearson who should be able to get more from these players, over the season I mean. We have rarely looked convincing and yes as the fans were singing, this IS embarrassing.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Waconda said:

Anyone know someone who could provide us with an insightful spreadsheet on that tactical master class ?

As a Pro (Chortle) surely something you could do

Pretty sad ,  that someone of your age has the jealousy , and behaviour of a 8 year old who stamps his feet because the kid up the road has a nicer boots.

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, One Team said:

That was all about the players for me today, absolutely woeful performance and yet further evidence we’ve plenty of players who simply aren’t good enough. 

From where I was in the singing section is was pretty clear the “this is embarrassing” and “you’re ******* shit” chants were aimed at them. 

For the first time I can remember they were shooed away from the singing section when they came over and clearly told to do one. 

Pretty embarrassing in fairness.

15 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Happy I wasn't there. We aren't getting our money's worth. I mean us as punters, not just the club. 

This is the key for me. Been in Italy this week. Watching Torino v AC Milan this evening. Money and time well spent. Same can’t be said of being at the Gate for several years past. Most of the entertainment has come from seeing familiar faces  

Was planning to renew at least one of our two STs - but no longer. Used to think of it as an investment in the club - keeping it going. Back in the day it felt that investment meant something. Sadly the club has been so poorly managed that I guess my £500 now pays for a mornings wages for a player we’ve signed but will never play. Shambles. 

It’ll be back to pay on the day - still, won’t be a problem finding a seat!

• Like 1
14 hours ago, pongo88 said:

The only good bits from today were the City V Oldham promotion match and the John Galley interview. Though, sitting in the Dolman, I’m not sure what John Galley he said 

05558014-D17C-4EB4-A065-A59BFEFE9349.jpeg

Yeah, the pitchside sound from the middle of the Dolman was back to being unintelligable. Don't they realise @Robbored has buggered off to the Lansdown?

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, Red Exile said:

Was planning to renew at least one of our two STs - but no longer. Used to think of it as an investment in the club 

SC income helps the club as it always has.I’m planning to renew and change seats from the Dolman to the Lansdown probably tomorrow.

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Still crap is it? 

Not exactly a surprise, it’s been like that since the revamp.

It has been *acceptable* for a little while, but gone back to how it always was yesterday. I think it must be user error: we're no better at organising a PA system than a midfield.

14 hours ago, pongo88 said:

The only good bits from today were the City V Oldham promotion match and the John Galley interview. Though, sitting in the Dolman, I’m not sure what John Galley he said 

05558014-D17C-4EB4-A065-A59BFEFE9349.jpeg

As none them saw him play I was telling the guys that car share with what a good player John Galley was, tough, hard as nails and a bit of a bruiser. He and Chris Garland were a terrific pair up front.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Robbored said:

SC income helps the club as it always has.I’m planning to renew and change seats from the Dolman to the Lansdown probably tomorrow.

I fully respect everyone who renews. Been a ST holder more years than not in recent times, but the way I currently see it is that I hand £500 to a billionaire who laughs at my gullibility and proceeds to burn it in front of me! If the football is good I'll be back every week, at the moment I'm quite sure that SL can manage without my little upfront contribution.

Edited by Red Exile
5 hours ago, Red Exile said:

This is the key for me. Been in Italy this week. Watching Torino v AC Milan this evening. Money and time well spent. Same can’t be said of being at the Gate for several years past. Most of the entertainment has come from seeing familiar faces  

Was planning to renew at least one of our two STs - but no longer. Used to think of it as an investment in the club - keeping it going. Back in the day it felt that investment meant something. Sadly the club has been so poorly managed that I guess my £500 now pays for a mornings wages for a player we’ve signed but will never play. Shambles. 

It’ll be back to pay on the day - still, won’t be a problem finding a seat!

1 hour ago, Red Exile said:

I fully respect everyone who renews. Been a ST holder more years than not in recent times, but the way I currently see it is that I hand £500 to a billionaire who laughs at my gullibility and proceeds to burn it in front of me! If the football is good I'll be back every week, at the moment I'm quite sure that SL can manage without my little upfront contribution.

It's true that Lansdown can cover the losses we incur. 

But at a time when our FFP position is desperate, the club needs all the income it can get. Lansdown can't help with that so not renewing, especially if thousands did so, would have a very real impact on the club's ability to move the team forward.

But I totally get how you feel. As someone who lives 10 minutes from the ground, I simply can't be arsed at the moment - there's no value for money, zero entertainment. I'm paying someone for a product that makes me frustrated, annoyed and angry. And you get to an age when life's much too short for that, when there are so many other things you could be doing. 

Mine is often taking the dog for a walk. If we get as far as the Downs, there's football to watch for nowt, some of it more enjoyable than the fayre (pun intended) on offer at The Gate. 

I will be getting a season ticket though - as now more than any time since 82, the club is desperate for income - I just can't see myself bothering to use it,  though, until performances improve.

I have everything crossed that will happen with Pearson at the helm and am still four square behind him as not until the summer will he have a proper chance to remould the playing squad. But performances like yesterday certainly shake your faith and raise more questions than answers. 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 3
  • Robin 1
2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Still crap is it? 

Not exactly a surprise, it’s been like that since the revamp.

Still crap as ever RR. I didn’t even realise John Galley was interviewed. And only gathered that the ‘60s moment was happening because it was on the screen. 

As you say, what a player Galley was; my boyhood hero. Boy could he head a ball. 

26 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Still crap as ever RR. I didn’t even realise John Galley was interviewed. And only gathered that the ‘60s moment was happening because it was on the screen. 

As you say, what a player Galley was; my boyhood hero. Boy could he head a ball. 

The PA system in the Lansdown, whilst not crystal clear is far better than the Dolman. It’s quite a change to actually hear the legends being interviewed.

On a side note - for the last four games in the Lansdown there’s a guy somewhere up above us who repeatedly yells “get it in the mixer” or “pull the trigger” every time City attack the South Stand……….:yes:

55 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

I will be getting a season ticket though - as now more than any time since 82, the club is desperate for income - I just can't see myself bothering to use it,  though, until performances improve.

I got mine in the week because I had a feeling I wouldn't want to bother after the Peterborough game. Sadly I have zero expectation that next season will be better than this one and will be surprised if we manage to avoid relegation (third times a charm and all that).

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I got mine in the week because I had a feeling I wouldn't want to bother after the Peterborough game. Sadly I have zero expectation that next season will be better than this one and will be surprised if we manage to avoid relegation (third times a charm and all that).

I fear you might be right.

A massive summer ahead. Not a penny to spend unless we sell players we'd rather keep. And recruitment headed up by a geek with a laptop who knows nowt about football (nice fella though he may be).

What a state to get yourself, Mr Lansdown. Take a bow. 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Flames 1
4 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Just a little note ; in two of the past three games Weimann has found himself on the right hand side of the box and volleyed home two magnificent goals. 
Yesterday, he found himself in exactly the same position and put it in row Z .

Small margins.

Up till this season that was his normal finish having a lucky season, he wont get anywhere near this total again.

• Confused 1
4 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Just a little note ; in two of the past three games Weimann has found himself on the right hand side of the box and volleyed home two magnificent goals. 
Yesterday, he found himself in exactly the same position and put it in row Z .

Small margins.

It was quite a wide margin yesterday Major!

On 09/04/2022 at 18:50, TonyTonyTony said:

I won’t be going again this season. When do I ever learn? “They are bottom of the league - we should beat them”

FFS. Absolute shyte

Totally understand your feelings and emotion Tony x3 - but I reckon you’ll be back, it’s clear that proper Bristol City fans won’t ever desert their club - and despite our ‘joustings’ on here I can tell you’re ‘proper’ - it’s pretty rubbish at the moment but we’ve been through far, far, far worse situations in our recent history yet the real fans stayed with the boys and gave them incredible support both at home and all over this country....

• Like 2
12 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Totally understand your feelings and emotion Tony x3 - but I reckon you’ll be back, it’s clear that proper Bristol City fans won’t ever desert their club - and despite our ‘joustings’ on here I can tell you’re ‘proper’ - it’s pretty rubbish at the moment but we’ve been through far, far, far worse situations in our recent history yet the real fans stayed with the boys and gave them incredible support both at home and all over this country....

Very true, BS4. Despite all the rows, falling out, disagreement, on here we all have one thing in common, and it’s the most important thing of all. 

• Flames 1