IGNORED

Mike Gibson Interview

Lew-T

51 minutes ago, candygram for mongo said:

1,2,3, Gibbo Gibbo Gibbo Gibbo Gibbo

Apologies couldn’t resist, anyone around in the 60’s will know

seem to remember 1234.... up.... as he touches the cross bar, then gibbo,gibbo etc could have been 123 up as well?

Also notice "John Galley superstar how many goals have you scored so far" ? in the line up

Edited by gl2

1 hour ago, candygram for mongo said:

1,2,3, Gibbo Gibbo Gibbo Gibbo Gibbo

Apologies couldn’t resist, anyone around in the 60’s will know

36 minutes ago, gl2 said:

seem to remember 1234.... up.... as he touches the cross bar, then gibbo,gibbo etc could have been 123 up as well?

Also notice "John Galley superstar how many goals have you scored so far" ? in the line up

I often feel like an old man in this forum but you 2 have made me feel like a youngster.

Well before my time.

42 minutes ago, gl2 said:

I thought I remembered  a ‘4’ as well. 

… and on goal-keeper chants of the day (slightly later admittedly) “Mellor, Mellor double-top”. The actual act to which the chant related obviously not condoned - to say the least (having been a keeper myself). 

• Like 1

Dont think it was Gibbo maybe Cashley but one of our goalies scored from a goal kick against....someone.....was there but no doubt someone will jog my memory banks

Gibson. Garland, Galley, Gow, thank you for letting me be there when the likes of these and our leader Harry Dolman turned out for our club; great days and proper days at the football; now P.C/F.F.P and Bristol fing sport rules...not ok.

Thanks for the memories Mike G and co, will never forget you all.:clap:

Edited by gl2

Someone is on the ball at the club...Mr Gould? 

Long time over due.

It's a simple action...but draws fans, with memories, long term...closer to the ' modern scenario'.

Often older fans feel disenchanted...the more ' connection' made...the better. It's not rocket science...but someone has worked it out recently.

• Like 3

• SC&T Board Members
1 hour ago, gl2 said:

Dont think it was Gibbo maybe Cashley but one of our goalies scored from a goal kick against....someone.....was there but no doubt someone will jog my memory banks

Cash vs Hull (from  a punt - East End to Open End).