IGNORED

Warnock Retires

Super

Top man. So many here ‘hated him’ if those are the right words, and never wanted him near the hot seat here. Pure speculation what might have been.

I always respected him after the play off semi final win when after being punched by some halfwit fan at full time he made light of it, and went into City dressing room to wish the  City well in the final. Respect and keep the stories coming. His book is a cracking read for any Footie fan.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Leveller said:

I’ve never believed that stuff for a minute. I think he was just a man of extremes - very pleasant when things were going his way and explosively unpleasant when they weren’t. Personally I don’t like people who can’t control their unpleasant instincts.

Thank goodness someone feels the same as me. The amount of man-love for a bloke who consistently tried to cheat us out of points is turning my guts. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Thank goodness someone feels the same as me. The amount of man-love for a bloke who consistently tried to cheat us out of points is turning my guts. 

You’re not alone, I absolutely hate him & don’t buy any of this character stuff.

Vile bloke.

• Flames 1

For the money that Warnock spends, he's probably the closest manager City could've afforded that would "almost" guarantee promotion to the top division. I cannot think of any other manager who'd come close for our price range.

The ironic thing is, getting into the Premier league and then getting relegated straight away can set you up longer term to afford other coaches\managers.

City keep complaining that we cannot compete with parachute payments, but we seem to reluctant take the dirty approach to get into the Premier and\or appoint proven managers who have got teams up.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GrahamC said:

You’re not alone, I absolutely hate him & don’t buy any of this character stuff.

Vile bloke.

I don't get all this love with him. either. Let's face it his football was terrible. I stopped listening to his press interviews pre and post match because the same old digs or back handed compliments would be doled out. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, alexukhc said:

Seeing as he’s retired from club management could he do something like Director of Football?

I could see that happening, possibly at Argyle if they go up. A guiding hand for Steven Schumacher, the fans still love him down there and he only lives over the river.

I think he`d go for that if it was on offer and I doubt would want too much in the way of payment.

• Like 1

Don't know if it's been mentioned anywhere else but he was on talksport yesterday and they asked him were there any clubs he wanted to manage but never got too... he said bristol city were one he always wanted but the opportunity never came up. Said he always had fun with the fans and would've enjoyed it here. Wish him all the best with his retirement. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mattredrobin said:

Don't know if it's been mentioned anywhere else but he was on talksport yesterday and they asked him were there any clubs he wanted to manage but never got too... he said bristol city were one he always wanted but the opportunity never came up. Said he always had fun with the fans and would've enjoyed it here. Wish him all the best with his retirement. 

He always mentions us in these type of discussions- makes you wonder where we would have got to had he been given the gig.

• Like 1

On 13/04/2022 at 07:41, cityfan1958 said:

Sorry but I found both him and his teams very dislikable. 
I know he achieved a lot, but totally charmless and ignorant a lot of the time.

My idea of football hell, being sat between him and Alex Ferguson on a long haul flight.

Football Hell?

Would learn more about football on that flight than you would

in a life time of reading otib

• Like 3

Bristol City wish

Neil Warnock

Neil Warnock has appeared on Soccer Saturday

During one of a number of memorable appearances on Sky Sports' Soccer Saturday, Warnock spoke of his relationship with the fans of Cardiff's rivals, Bristol City.

“I joke with their fans that, when I do pass away, I hope they all have a minute’s applause for me at Ashton Gate and remember the good times I’ve given them,” explained Warnock. "I don’t want silence. I want them all to be chanting ‘Warnock’s a w*****’ over and over again. For a whole minute. That would be my ideal.”

Edited by NickJ
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Bristol City wish

Neil Warnock

Neil Warnock has appeared on Soccer Saturday

During one of a number of memorable appearances on Sky Sports' Soccer Saturday, Warnock spoke of his relationship with the fans of Cardiff's rivals, Bristol City.

“I joke with their fans that, when I do pass away, I hope they all have a minute’s applause for me at Ashton Gate and remember the good times I’ve given them,” explained Warnock. "I don’t want silence. I want them all to be chanting ‘Warnock’s a w*****’ over and over again. For a whole minute. That would be my ideal.”

He’s only saying that because he’s worried it will actually happen 

• Haha 1