IGNORED

Passive

Gazred

23 minutes ago, RedRock said:

‘Passive’, ‘soft’, ‘losers’ all words that are regularly used by the ITK posters on here to describe our players, squad, Club.

Glad Pearson has somewhat belatedly identified a core issue. I’d prefer Bradley Dack’s (rejected), the Luke Ayling’s (moved on) of this world who consistently deliver, to the ‘good humans’  who consistently fail to deliver.

James was the poster boy for those comments today.

18 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

He’s done exactly the opposite proving he is the man for today . He is clearing up a monumental mess and making some sense of where and how we can be a better club .  The truth seems to cause a few some issues , we have been a weak poorly run club for far too long . At last we have someone raising the standards and showing where we need to improve . 

Does he have the remit to do so? Or is he being given the remit to do so? Does he have the backing to the board to do so? Is he able to make changes (not just signing players)?

My second team, Worthing FC got promoted today to National League South.  All done by a very committed local young man as owner and by the grandson of a great BCFC winger, Wally Hinshelwood.

So much more fun to watch than City in recent seasons - as has been said all my life Bristol should be able to have a top flight club fighting for place in European tournaments.

I have said until you are all bored with me saying it we need a full audit of the club to discover why we are so, good word, passive

I am so depressed by the management of SL and son.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Flames 1

29 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

He’s done exactly the opposite proving he is the man for today . He is clearing up a monumental mess and making some sense of where and how we can be a better club .  The truth seems to cause a few some issues , we have been a weak poorly run club for far too long . At last we have someone raising the standards and showing where we need to improve . 

Absolutely bang on. I know plenty will think Pearson is the problem but for me he’s one of the very few things at our football club that isn’t.

We’ve actually got someone who doesn’t care about calling out what many have suspected for years. 

• Like 11

I may well have missed subsequent broadcasts from our dear and benevolent owner; but has he said much since he got on camera following a couple of Holden wins to say how great things were going and how the megamind duo of Ashton and JL were absolute right to pick Holden. 

It was quiet the exercise in self congratulation and to me sums up why the club could be construed as passive - The owner is happy as long as he’s shown to be right.  And it’s sad that it’s got to that, as there are some elements to be really proud of over the years. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

His comments don't really make sense. He's essentially putting the blame on the players. But it's a manager's job to sort the players out. 

I personally took it as the ownerships tolerance for mediocrity, be it self inflicted, in part or completely.

• Like 2

Sounds like he’s had enough to me - of the players and the owner.

You have to wonder who he’s blaming in terms of personalities/character (today’s performance) because of the 10 outfield players:  

He signed Klose, Atkinson, James. He often praises Williams, Martin and Weimann. Scott is a youngster who he rates highly, Cundy is new to this level and Dasilva had a reasonable game. That only leaves Wells and the subs who came on. Who is he blaming? 

Edited by Kibs
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

His comments don't really make sense. He's essentially putting the blame on the players. But it's a manager's job to sort the players out. 

Crazy talk.

Didn't you get the memo ?

1 minute ago, Kibs said:

You have to wonder who he’s blaming in terms of personalities/character (today’s performance) because of the 10 outfield players:  

He signed Klose, Atkinson, James. He often praises Williams, Martin and Weimann. Scott is a youngster who he rates highly, Cundy is new to this level and Dasilva had a reasonable game. That only leaves Wells and the subs who came on. Who is he criticising? 

Not himself is the key here.

1 hour ago, billywedlock said:

How exactly has he raised the standards? 

Talks a great game mind 

Edited by Andy082005

12 minutes ago, Kibs said:

He signed Klose, Atkinson, James. He often praises Williams, Martin and Weimann. Scott is a youngster who he rates highly, Cundy is new to this level and Dasilva had a reasonable game. That only leaves Wells and the subs who came on. Who is he blaming? 

Spot on... he's purely deflecting the blame from his own poor record. He can keep blaming everyone else and saying negative things about all and sundry, but ultimately he's the manager of our football club and it's his job to coach the players to produce performances and ultimately results. This group of players (individually) is not as bad as he would like us to believe. Its his job to coach them in to a cohesive, organised unit.

I am surprised by the continued support of him by so many on here. His record is truly awful but i think he has hoodwinked many fans with his regular niggly comments about players attitudes, poor club culture etc. Lets forget about mistakes made by Steve Lansdown for a moment and purely focus on what his job is.

The blame game can only go on for so long. I have very much been on the fence about Nige but i'm getting more disheartened by the week!

I'll await the usual replies...

2 minutes ago, Edgy Red said:

Spot on... he's purely deflecting the blame from his own poor record. He can keep blaming everyone else and saying negative things about all and sundry, but ultimately he's the manager of our football club and it's his job to coach the players to produce performances and ultimately results. This group of players (individually) is not as bad as he would like us to believe. Its his job to coach them in to a cohesive, organised unit.

I am surprised by the continued support of him by so many on here. His record is truly awful but i think he has hoodwinked many fans with his regular niggly comments about players attitudes, poor club culture etc. Lets forget about mistakes made by Steve Lansdown for a moment and purely focus on what his job is.

The blame game can only go on for so long. I have very much been on the fence about Nige but i'm getting more disheartened by the week!

I'll await the usual replies...

Brilliant post.

And yes you will get shredded by the usual suspects.

1 hour ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

Just as dogs, and their owners, come to resemble each other, so, perhaps, do football clubs and their owners. 

Care to comment, @Merrick's Marvels?

Yes, Dylan's a handsome pup, isn't he! ?

I think you might be onto something actually - we've been an absolute state for most of the last 40 odd years which correlates nicely with some of our owners during that time! Even the bloke who was in that boy band was no looker (with all due respect to that fine gentleman)!!

Edited by Merrick's Marvels

Looking at the lineup today (and including subs) I would be happy with following happening to the players 

Bentley - stay or sold (1 year left, high wages)
JD - sold (high wages, Pring replacement)
Atkinson - stay, will improve 
Klose - release
Cundy - release 
Scott - sell (highest market value)
Williams - stay, it fit best midfielder 
HNM - sell (1 year left)
Semenyo - sell (highest market value)
Martin - stay (consistent, low value)
Weimann - stay (same as Martin)
Wells - sell (high wages and fee) 

I dont think Nige actually likes our club very much and looks at us like he is not part of it and is almost like a contractor or consultant trying to figure us out.

I reckon in years to come and however it ends with him, his views on us as an operation will be fascinating.

Culture comes from the top and takes an age to embed but even longer to change.

Same old problems with soft touch City and does not matter who the manager is.

Edited by TomThumb84
  • Like 9

3 hours ago, Gazred said:

"Its a strange club in that regard".

NP post match on Radio Bristol.

That's an interesting one!

It’s true! It’s as if as a club we don’t think we are good enough. Plus we have had so many players that have taken the piss we are used to being third rate as supporters. 

Pearson said himself he loved playing at our place because we/our players were so docile.

The last time I remember us not being docile on the field or in the stands was the early 70s 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fgrsimon said:

Getting to the Premier League is the only way SL is going to make any money from Bristol City FC. 

I don’t believe for a minute that he cares about money. He has shit tonnes and gets richer by the minute. However I do believe he’s had enough!

• Like 3

Just now, REDOXO said:

It’s true! It’s as if as a club we don’t think we are good enough. Plus we have had so many players that have taken the piss we are used to being third rate as supporters. 

Pearson said himself he loved playing at our place because we/our players were so docile.

The last time I remember us not being docile on the field or in the stands was the early 70s 

I get lambasted for repeating it but the Bristol Sport ideaology prevents a clear focus and direction of the football club. The whole club has a weak underbelly, too many easy rides for some players. NP has alluded to it on several occasions. Culture needs to change at the top down.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tin Soldier said:

I get lambasted for repeating it but the Bristol Sport ideaology prevents a clear focus and direction of the football club. The whole club has a weak underbelly, too many easy rides for some players. NP has alluded to it on several occasions. Culture needs to change at the top down.

That was the case well before Bristol Sport. 

City were a rest home for semi retired football alcoholics from the mid 80s. 

• Like 2