IGNORED

Your questions wanted: FBC Podcast - Peterborough review - LIVE

Curr Avon

Just now, daored said:

Concern for me is whilst we may receive bids for those players , we won’t receive the bids of our valuation. Clubs will know our financial position and therefore would expect bids to reflect this. 

Yes I agree, this is also a concern and when you factor in RG’s posturing to the media that we would rather take a points deduction than accept a sub-par bid, it all adds up to a right old mess.

Someone on here recently suggested stadium naming rights as an option. I’ve always been against this myself, but given how desperately we need investment I’m finding my opinion swinging towards anything is option now.

1 minute ago, OddBallJim said:

Yes I agree, this is also a concern and when you factor in RG’s posturing to the media that we would rather take a points deduction than accept a sub-par bid, it all adds up to a right old mess.

Someone on here recently suggested stadium naming rights as an option. I’ve always been against this myself, but given how desperately we need investment I’m finding my opinion swinging towards anything is option now.

Something like The Robins High Performance Arena

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, daored said:

Concern for me is whilst we may receive bids for those players , we won’t receive the bids of our valuation. Clubs will know our financial position and therefore would expect bids to reflect this. 

I agree. Valuations are different to what someone will offer.  Sometimes you value high because you don’t want to sell. You do the opposite when you do.

It would be helpful to know what is happening with the contract talks of certain players. Otherwise we (as fans) are just totally guessing what might happen. 

4 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Something like The Robins High Performance Arena

Assuming the Sporting quarter redevelopment goes ahead, but we continue to be absolutely **** as a football side it may as well be more like “The Huboo City Robins Arena & Plaza”

(Aka The C.R.A.P)

Edited by OddBallJim

11 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

If Ian says one more time about bringing in a young manager, who dies he think will fit the bill? Please stop saying Lowe and Cooper, they are both employed and unrealistic now.

Someone please point out that we went down that route with LJ and DH, they worked out well..or not 

Agreed , IF Pearson is sacked or end of contract is done ‘mutually’ we simply don’t appear to have the funds to pay compensation for an employed manager. Plus whatever we have to pay Pearson and coaching staff will reduce our playing budget. How has this been allowed to happen , questions need to be asked to the decision makers of the club

6 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Do any of you really believe that Massengo is worth more than £3 million ( with a year left on contract) or that Semenyo is going to fetch close to £5 million. Scott going nowhere this summer if we don't want to sell him.

Re Massengo, no I don’t.

Antoine’s purple patch a few months ago, plus his attributes, strong, quick, much improved first touch, will see us getting an offer above that, but nowhere near the £10m+ figures being banded around.

Obviously this is all just an opinion.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

If Ian says one more time about bringing in a young manager, who dies he think will fit the bill? Please stop saying Lowe and Cooper, they are both employed and unrealistic now.

Someone please point out that we went down that route with LJ and DH, they worked out well..or not 

His obsession with Cooper also neglects to mention he walked out on Swansea because his budget was cut.

He would never have joined us in our current financial mess, but of course he never mentions that.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

His obsession with Cooper also neglects to mention he walked out on Swansea because his budget was cut.

He would never have joined us in our current financial mess, but of course he never mentions that.

And at the time we changed managers LJ / DH he was between 2 play off appearances with Swansea

30 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

He’s stopped going on about Ismael hasn’t he!

• Haha 1