IGNORED

Fans for the Future - Last chance this season

Blagdon red

10 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

Fortunately most young kids going to their first game don't care about the result or the quality of the football!

You say that, but if they're as unlucky as I was, we'll win 4-1 and they'll still be attending games nearly 45 years later :). As @Sheltons Army said, good work by the SC&T.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

You say that, but if they're as unlucky as I was, we'll win 4-1 and they'll still be attending games nearly 45 years later :). As @Sheltons Army said, good work by the SC&T.

We didn't score 4 very often in those days - sounds very much like Joe Royle's debut?

19 hours ago, Blagdon red said:

Fortunately most young kids going to their first game don't care about the result or the quality of the football!

Your right my first 2 games were a 2-1 loss to Rotherham and a 3-3 draw with Bury, last 2 games of 66/67 season.      I was however hooked and couldn't wait until the start of the next one. 55 years on fed up and disillusioned at the moment, but I'll still be exited and unrealistically optimistic come August.

31 minutes ago, the red rules said:

Your right my first 2 games were a 2-1 loss to Rotherham and a 3-3 draw with Bury, last 2 games of 66/67 season.      I was however hooked and couldn't wait until the start of the next one. 55 years on fed up and disillusioned at the moment, but I'll still be exited and unrealistically optimistic come August.

On reflection just a sad happy clapping b.st..d

13 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

We didn't score 4 very often in those days - sounds very much like Joe Royle's debut?

Sorry, you've shaved the outside of the post. This one was slightly later, and Big Match (I think) highlights are on youtube. I think we went 1-0 down, and Tom Ritche scored at least one goal (I used to think he scored a hattrick, but I think I was wrong).

I don't think you can insert spoilers in these posts - if you want another go I'll put you out of your misery after.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Sorry, you've shaved the outside of the post. This one was slightly later, and Big Match (I think) highlights are on youtube. I think we went 1-0 down, and Tom Ritche scored at least one goal (I used to think he scored a hattrick, but I think I was wrong).

I don't think you can insert spoilers in these posts - if you want another go I'll put you out of your misery after.

Very kind, in which case my shaved post rebound attempt - at full stretch - would be City v Bolton the following season.

I was at that one too, bit vague on the scorers but very likely Tom got at least 1.

• Robin 1

53 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Very kind, in which case my shaved post rebound attempt - at full stretch - would be City v Bolton the following season.

I was at that one too, bit vague on the scorers but very likely Tom got at least 1.

It was indeed! Well done. I was in the boys enclosure for that one. Haven't been able to spot myself on the highlights, although I'm not entirely sure I can remember what a ten year old me looked like.