IGNORED

U23s Today 12.00

bcfc01

They finished top last year as well.

Convinced that some just see that they've lost the odd game and therefore assume that they and/or the coaching must be crap, without having the slightest clue about how they've been doing. Happened a few times on here.

Still gives them another thing to whinge about.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, frenchred said:

Thought our u23's are a pure reflection of the 1st team, slow, slow and slower with endless iverpassing. By my uncultured eye Barney Soady was very good, Duncan Ideho stuck to his task well, I doubt the rest will make it at championship level

Incredibly dangerous to make judgements about 16-18 year old's from one game. I have watched almost all of these streams this season and this was the worst I have seen them play as a unit and some on an individual level. There are always going to be up and down days for them especially when they are often coming up against player a lot older a lot of the time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Incredibly dangerous to make judgements about 16-18 year old's from one game. I have watched almost all of these streams this season and this was the worst I have seen them play as a unit and some on an individual level. There are always going to be up and down days for them especially when they are often coming up against player a lot older a lot of the time.

Fair enough mate, I bow to your more in depth awareness than mine.

Just thought it was two really average sides, nothing really technical or skill wise to write home about

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

I’d say on average we are a tad younger than our opponents, but not always. Sometimes we’ve had several u18s, on others we’ve had Wells, Palmer, etc.  we’ve certainly got good results, although I often come away (from Robinstv!!) being a smidge underwhelmed by technical levels.

I think some of my slight negativity might be biased by my view of u23 football…and how much it prepares players for senior football.  I think that coupled with the loan system in EFL needs a huge re-think.

Moan over…but I do like being able to watch on Robinstv.  Previously our kids have been names only to me, and the odd rumour from mates.  Now we get to see them.

• Like 2

Watched the last 20 minutes. Reflects where we are as a Club. Second best to Mark ****** Ashton’s Ipswich. 

If we want to breed winners, embed the winning mentality in the Club from the earliest ages. Don’t accept just ‘ok’, don’t accept losers. For decades that’s what we’ve done and our current first team is the product of that mentality. 

I would have put the strongest possible Under-23 side out, including first teamers. With the message win every match and pick up the trophy.

So, first big opportunity for addressing the passiveness and missed.

Sort it out management.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

18 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Watched the last 20 minutes. Reflects where we are as a Club. Second best to Mark ****** Ashton’s Ipswich. 

If we want to breed winners, embed the winning mentality in the Club from the earliest ages. Don’t accept just ‘ok’, don’t accept losers. For decades that’s what we’ve done and our current first team is the product of that mentality. 

I would have put the strongest possible Under-23 side out, including first teamers. With the message win every match and pick up the trophy.

Sort it out management.

So you've seen a lot of u23 games then? Quite a lot of the time we field younger players/squads than our opponents, often around the 17-19 bracket.

You do realise that at that level, it's more about experience and playing "men's football" over getting results don't you? 

We don't usually do that bad either tbf.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Taz said:

So you've seen a lot of u23 games then? Quite a lot of the time we field younger players/squads than our opponents, often around the 17-19 bracket.

You do realise that at that level, it's more about experience and playing "men's football" over getting results don't you? 

We don't usually do that bad either tbf.

It's not mens football though is it. It has zero relevance to men's football, does not prepare them in any way for progress

31 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Sort it out management.

Did you hit your head on a redrock?

42 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Sort it out management.

Clown

45 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Sort it out management.

First team players are usually the ones you don’t want playing under 23’s football as their attitude to playing varies greatly, you’ll have those returning from injury or the likes of Nahki Wells who are keen to play but you’ll then have others who don’t give a shit and won’t put a shift in hampering the team. 

Ipswich had Tyrese Simpson playing who I thought looked like he couldn’t care he was out on the pitch in an u23’s game. Ipswich had Louis Barry on loan and playing 23’s earlier in the season and he was the same in a total lack of effort and commitment. Usually I’d say it’s the u23’s you want playing as it means more to them. 

• Like 1

We’re passively submissive, we’re just like that product in the old Honda advert we do just enough to be ‘ok’. 

Well, just ‘ok’ is not good enough. The rest of the Championship are raising their game. Power, pace, leaders, winners. 

So, we can just continue doing things the same old way. Funny thing is though in sport you make the same input and tend to get the same output.

So… change things. Develop some winners. You never know winning something might just give the players a desire to keep on winning. Being the best. 

Nah, Bristol is too nice a place to be ruthless and develop winners. No wonder our team is full of ‘good humans’ who roll over when faced with the likes of the Millwalls of this world.

6 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Nah, Bristol is too nice a place to be ruthless and develop winners. No wonder our team is full of ‘good humans’ who roll over when faced with the likes of the Millwalls of this world.

Er, we beat them last time we played them.  

8 minutes ago, RedRock said:

We’re passively submissive, we’re just like that product in the old Honda advert we do just enough to be ‘ok’. 

Well, just ‘ok’ is not good enough. The rest of the Championship are raising their game. Power, pace, leaders, winners. 

So, we can just continue doing things the same old way. Funny thing is though in sport you make the same input and tend to get the same output.

So… change things. Develop some winners. You never know winning something might just give the players a desire to keep on winning. Being the best. 

So winning their group last season and before today being top of their group is what? 

Also why would you drop 1st team players in before a busy winter schedule?

I really enjoy the 23s games as just there to see who is coming through and having a stab at who or will nor make it.  The team today 100% wanted to win but it’s certainly not the end of the world they didn’t and just nice to watch a game without the pressures and frustration you experience with first team.  What I’ve learnt is not to judge players too quickly as everyone has good and bad days and some then start to develop consistency.  Casing point is Josh Owers who I felt was way of the pace first couple of times I saw him but every time I see him recently he uses the ball well and gets about the pitch & reads game well.  

Great to see young ones getting profile on Robins TV and as others have said we tend to field a younger side than most. That said, only thing I would say is that every team I’ve seen seem to be physically bigger than us across the pitch. Physicality  can come at different times for players but Idenhen/Wood apart our sides all look very slight and small.

Think some people have become fixated on result rather than purpose of the development squad.  Let’s just enjoy the coverage as long overdue profile and we have some gems. 

• Like 4
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, RedRock said:

I hope and assume you aren’t involved in any youth coaching whatsoever 

• Flames 1

20 hours ago, !james said:

I mean the Under 23s have hardly had a bad season to be fair... 

I  am referring more to level of technical ability and the way the team is set up tactically, rather than their league position?  I have watched about 40% of the games, and while i appreciate they have lost players to the 1st team, It is the level of skill, first touch and aptitude that   could be improved with better coaching IMHO?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, maxjak said:

I  am referring more to level of technical ability and the way the team is set up tactically, rather than their league position?  I have watched about 40% of the games, and while i appreciate they have lost players to the 1st team, It is the level of skill, first touch and aptitude that   could be improved with better coaching IMHO?

Whilst I made a similar point on a previous page, I also see other teams who can pass it, but not go anywhere with it, have no cut and thrust, etc.

Ultimately / selfishly it’s about getting players to the first team.  Failing that, it’s getting them pro careers.  Failing that, it’s giving them direction for a career outside of the pro game (whatever that may be).  Currently we are doing that part pretty well.  In some respects it’s helped by our current position, bottom third, rather than say top third…but there are big pressures on playing the kids whether you are top or bottom of the table.  They are currently saving us £££s, when £££s are hugely relevant.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Whilst I made a similar point on a previous page, I also see other teams who can pass it, but not go anywhere with it, have no cut and thrust, etc.

Ultimately / selfishly it’s about getting players to the first team.  Failing that, it’s getting them pro careers.  Failing that, it’s giving them direction for a career outside of the pro game (whatever that may be).  Currently we are doing that part pretty well.  In some respects it’s helped by our current position, bottom third, rather than say top third…but there are big pressures on playing the kids whether you are top or bottom of the table.  They are currently saving us £££s, when £££s are hugely relevant.

We are in the bottom quarter not third.

But agree with the rest of this post.

24 minutes ago, Waconda said:

We are in the bottom quarter not third.

But agree with the rest of this post.

We are actually in the bottom third and the bottom quarter. We are also in the bottom half. Apart from that I agree with the rest of your post.

Edited by HappyClapper
Bold for emphasis

1 minute ago, SBB said:

Wacaday swinging his mallet about again ?

The truth is like Kryptonite to the sycophantic fan boys.

We are in the bottom 6 of the division which is the bottom quarter of the Division.

It was implied, incorrectly that we are in the bottom third to give the impression that we are doing better than we are.

Classic Happy Clapper spreadsheet move.

29 minutes ago, Waconda said:

We are in the bottom 6 of the division which is the bottom quarter of the Division.

It was implied, incorrectly that we are in the bottom third to give the impression that we are doing better than we are.

I’m guessing you’re adding mind reading to your huge lists of skills and accomplishments.

I was merely pointing out the facts. Something I thought you were very keen on. If you read @Davefevs posts (the evidence suggests you obsess over them) then you will know he has talked about thirds all season.

Your trolling is becoming increasingly tiresome and so I will join the growing group who have decided to put you on ignore.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Waconda said:

Serious issues

Not the Club...... You

Like a 7yr old who has repetitive and uncontrollable tantrums through bitterness and jealousy

Seriously embarrassing 

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 2
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, HappyClapper said:

I’m guessing you’re adding mind reading to your huge lists of skills and accomplishments.

I was merely pointing out the facts. Something I thought you were very keen on. If you read @Davefevs posts (the evidence suggests you obsess over them) then you will know he has talked about thirds all season.

Your trolling is becoming increasingly tiresome and so I will join the growing group who have decided to put you on ignore.

And me! Thank god for that button!!

• Like 1