IGNORED

He's not the Messiah - he's a very naughty boy....

bcfcredandwhite

1 hour ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

To some people, all our mistakes and failings on the pitch are STILL the fault of Mark Ashton and Lee Johnson. 'Sir' Nigel can do no wrong; when things go right he's brilliant and when things go wrong it's all down to LJ and MA - REALLY???

Lets look at some of Nigel Pearson's bigger decisions in more detail:
He let Pato and Fammy leave on a free, but didn't replace either of them - to 'save wages' apparently. Ok, fair enough - we WERE skint - so what does he do? He goes and signs Simpson - on £15k per week.......... :emoticon-0121-angry
He refused play our most expensive 'assets' (Wells and Palmer) - or his own purchase, Simpson - which is fair enough if he doesn't think they are good enough (apart from Simpson - why sign him if he's ****?), ...... but then at the same time won't allow Wells to go to Cardiff or Swansea - who were both interested on taking him on loan, which would have saved us his wages AND put him in the shop window. Why? Maybe he was scared that he might start playing a tune under a different (better) manager who actually PLAYS him?!!
The official line is that Nigel didn't want to let Wells go to a Championship rival. 
IF Wells had been allowed to go and play in Wales - and gone on to score shedloads - it would have raised his stock and we would have been more likely to be able to offload him. Loans often turn into permanent moves and it could have been good for everyone. We were virtually safe at the time - and Nigel wasn't playing him anyway - so the risk to us was minimal.

None of the above makes common sense for a regime supposedly strapped for cash - we can't bleat on and on (blah blah blah) about money wasted by MA and LJ, when he goes and does this.

Kalas is another example of bizarre management - he had a GREAT Euro tournament for his country and has been one of our most reliable players for years - but Pearson dropped him from our first 11. Bizarre. This smells of a dressing-room fallout to me - a clash of egos maybe? At a time when we needed all the defensive firepower we could get.

At least Weimann is playing well though - thank Christ.

ALL the above have been MANAGEMENT decisions by 'sir' Nigel - and bloody poor ones. Nothing to do with LJ or MA - or even SL/JL

Nigel Pearson has been a poor manager so far. I'm extremely disappointed. I didn't expect promotion - I expected a period of 'settling down', but I did expect it to be better than this. I can't even describe what Nigel Pearson's 'style' of play is. 

No I still don't want NP sacked - yet - believe it or not, it IS possible to criticise the manager without wanting him replaced - and besides - it's only worth sacking someone if there is a better replacement available. However, I don't buy any more of this 'he inherited a **** squad' bollocks any more. He did his bit to CREATE the current '****' squad, so if the squad really IS '****' then it's partly of his own making.
To be fair to Nigel, it's just some of our FANS who are saying this, not Pearson himself.

He needs to do the job he's paid to do - lets not forget that he's being paid more than ANY other manager in the history of our club - EVEN MORE THAN LEE JOHNSON WAS!!
Some of his decisions defy logic and he really needs to step up. I'm really beginning to wonder if he is a 'one hit wonder' (with Leicester) - like Wilson was (with Barnsley). I seriously hope NOT - for all our sakes, but he's certainly NOT the messiah.

What a lot of rot you do talk..arthus-on-the-buses.jpg.87c825b3d7182bcd991752e66458a976.jpg

• Haha 1

Ok so I dare to suggest that NP should be doing better and I’m a clown. 
I quote figures off the internet which are ‘made up’

Please share, oh wise and enlightened ones - what was Simpson on - and how many of the squad who drew 1-1 against 10 man Posh were signed by LJ/Ashton?

oops sorry - I read the results on the unreliable internet - maybe we won 4-0?

2 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Please share, oh wise and enlightened ones - what was Simpson on - and how many of the squad who drew 1-1 against 10 man Posh were signed by LJ/Ashton?

I make it 5

(Pearson signed 3)

Is there a prize ?

47 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

There is always a way to disprove things.

The easy way here is Weimann.

As seen above, for 2022 per that site he is on £18k p/w.

We know as fact we renegotiated his contract in summer 2021 as the option was at a higher level, and we did a three year deal on lower money. So logic confirms he was on more than £18k per week in 2020 etc.

Helpfully, Salarysport also gives the figures they’ve used for prior years. For Andi…

https://salarysport.com/football/player/andreas-weimann/

Yes, their salary for him in 2020 is the same as in 2022. Leading to the indisputable conclusion, they are totally guessing and have no idea who is paid what.

414AC1D0-F701-4FE5-85A6-110F80A89BD0.jpeg

Also worth noting that Simpsons salary is taken from what he was earning at Huddersfield.

... 3 years ago, after leaving Leicester ...and they had parachute payments.

The page is purely speculation and guesses.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Nobody is saying you’re a clown for suggesting Pearson should do better. It’s a valid viewpoint.

What you’re getting stuck for is the reliance on figures from a site which is clearly (and proven) guessing wages. There is no reason to suggest we’d have signed a 34 year old free agent right back who needed a trial as a top earner. You’re then getting stick for saying that he let Fam go, when it was totally clear he had no intent of staying.

You might have a point with should he have let Wells go to Cardiff, but the overall point is lost in your vitriolic logic being based around the Simpson assumption.

My suggestion would be to start a new thread, with criticism of Pearson not based around something clearly erroneous. Again, it’s a valid viewpoint but the hinge for this particular argument is too broken.

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Firstly…

…you are completely entitled to your opinion on NP.  There are some very good debates going back and forth.  I don’t think there’s any posters on here who think he’s the messiah, there are some that think he’s done well enough to not deserve a “results-based only” criticism.  There are some on the NP-negative side that put together well founded arguments as to their view.  It is this type of debate that makes OTIB a very good forum.

Secondly…
Re the numbers, there have been many, many posts over the past few years quoting websites like Sportrac, who promote their salary info as FACT.  It’s not not difficult to look behind these figures in terms of other media news, football manager websites, club quotes etc, and see that although some will be in the right ball-park, others are a combo of made-up / guesswork and out of date guesswork too.

For info, probably the most trusted ITKer on OTIB said Simpson’s re-signed contract in the summer was basically a coaches wage plus appearance money (or words to that effect).  Kid has given us some pretty good insight on player salaries.  That’s not to say he’s right, but he has historically had good contacts.

Re Weimann, the “story” is that he pretty much halved his wages to get 3 years.  Other clubs (Stoke we think) only wanted to give him 2 years.  Pearson actually stated words to that effect.  Silvio’s explanation  re Weimann is a good example of how to debunk the Sportrac stuff.

Re Baker, the “story” is he took quite a chunk off his wages and has a more “performance related” deal for his 2 year re-signed contract.  He was OOC in reality, tried the market and found out he couldn’t get what he thought he was worth.  Pearson backed up the lower wage bit, the other bit about “performance related” is conjecture.  But it’s pretty likely he’s no on the £18-20k p.w. he allegedly was on when he moved from Villa, having taken a relegation cut at Villa from a £35k p.w. PL deal.

The bits above aren’t me saying “I know” either, just me using what’s been reported / said to poo-Pooh those pesky websites.  I’ve not seen their contracts, nor have Sportrac!

Its up to you how much you want to take them at face value.

• Like 11

24 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

The key difference is that the latter is corroborated across multiple sources and witnesses and verified by credible authorities, individuals, and witnesses.

Ergo it can be critically analysed and confirmed factual.

Nobody can confirm the wages, it's as simple as that. Critiquing NP also does not make you a clown. 

What makes the original post laughable is drawing upon a random source as fact with no secondary evidence to corroborate. It's also (you may not be aware) been bought up before on the forum and widely written off as speculative at best.

Secondly, some of the other points you make can't be used to smear Pearson with as they are untrue (Diedhiou, Paterson) and are more applicable to Ashton.

With regards to Palmer, he's injured (again), and a waste of a wage.

With respect to Peterborough match, three of the players were signed by Pearson, two being free agents.

Wells' wages would almost pay the wages of all three, which is laughable.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

I make it 5

(Pearson signed 3)

Is there a prize ?

Yes - enlightenment. 
less than half the squad that performed on Saturday were LJs. 
more than a quarter was NPs. 
Yet for some on here it’s still LJs fault we’re shit. 
do you understand now? Are you getting it?

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Yes - enlightenment. 
less than half the squad that performed on Saturday were LJs. 
more than a quarter was NPs. 
Yet for some on here it’s still LJs fault we’re shit. 
do you understand now? Are you getting it?

That was 5 Johnson signings in the eleven and 3 of Pearson’s so what’s your point ?

Yes , we still have some of the dross Johnson signed , largely , the ones we haven't been able to get rid off

Most of the squad are young players given their chance by Pearson whether by choice or necessity

If someone had a couple of poor games under Johnson , he’d buy two more for that position 

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 1

When I can be @rsed I will trawl through these replies and engage with those who want a sensible debate. 
The calibre and content of some of these responses have been expected and to continue responding is a waste of time - it’s a bit like trying to debate with the 3 eyed aliens in the Toy Story grab machine. 
‘turd imoji’ ok - good argument 
’your opinion doesn’t matter because you moved to Swindon…’ yeah ok. 
somewhere amongst all this piffle there are probably some good sensible responses. 
it might take me some time……

Dont know if hes a naughty boy, but hes just about the worst manager, statically weve ever had. Performances are shocking, our defending is appalling, and good will amongst supporters to everyone at the club is very low. Weve made players millionaires when they should never have got those contracts, and it appears we are likely to get relegated next season.

pearson is crap. Ashton was a charlatan, lansdown got suckered in to giving repeated contracts to poor players and managers. We have 2/3 players with any type of transfer value and when they are sold we will be stuck with poor worthless players either injured or not very good. Or both. 

just as well we have a high performance centre.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Clutton Caveman said:

I think the post Peterborough match interview was very telling

Nigel, a lot of frustration there from the fans today at the end, was it justified?

I’m not really too bothered by that to be fair. You’re here to ask me about the game aren’t you?

So he is not bother by the fans reaction. He should realise that fans one way or another pay his wages. The whole interview could be summed up as pure arrogance. It is always everybody's fault except his. If the team is not motivated it is HIS fault. Unsurprisingly they are not jumping through hoops to play for a man that throws them under the bus as every opportunity and speaks constantly about they instead or we. He has become a sort of Ricky Gervais character only running a football club instead of a paper merchant. I just read the interview again and I think he is bored with the job as it has turned our harder than he expected and would quite like to return to his retirement.

Did he honestly say that? I wouldn’t know because I stopped listening to him many months ago due to his rudeness and arrogance 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

To some people, all our mistakes and failings on the pitch are STILL the fault of Mark Ashton and Lee Johnson. 'Sir' Nigel can do no wrong; when things go right he's brilliant and when things go wrong it's all down to LJ and MA - REALLY???

Lets look at some of Nigel Pearson's bigger decisions in more detail:
He let Pato and Fammy leave on a free, but didn't replace either of them - to 'save wages' apparently. Ok, fair enough - we WERE skint - so what does he do? He goes and signs Simpson - on £15k per week.......... :emoticon-0121-angry
He refused play our most expensive 'assets' (Wells and Palmer) - or his own purchase, Simpson - which is fair enough if he doesn't think they are good enough (apart from Simpson - why sign him if he's ****?), ...... but then at the same time won't allow Wells to go to Cardiff or Swansea - who were both interested on taking him on loan, which would have saved us his wages AND put him in the shop window. Why? Maybe he was scared that he might start playing a tune under a different (better) manager who actually PLAYS him?!!
The official line is that Nigel didn't want to let Wells go to a Championship rival. 
IF Wells had been allowed to go and play in Wales - and gone on to score shedloads - it would have raised his stock and we would have been more likely to be able to offload him. Loans often turn into permanent moves and it could have been good for everyone. We were virtually safe at the time - and Nigel wasn't playing him anyway - so the risk to us was minimal.

None of the above makes common sense for a regime supposedly strapped for cash - we can't bleat on and on (blah blah blah) about money wasted by MA and LJ, when he goes and does this.

Kalas is another example of bizarre management - he had a GREAT Euro tournament for his country and has been one of our most reliable players for years - but Pearson dropped him from our first 11. Bizarre. This smells of a dressing-room fallout to me - a clash of egos maybe? At a time when we needed all the defensive firepower we could get.

At least Weimann is playing well though - thank Christ.

ALL the above have been MANAGEMENT decisions by 'sir' Nigel - and bloody poor ones. Nothing to do with LJ or MA - or even SL/JL

Nigel Pearson has been a poor manager so far. I'm extremely disappointed. I didn't expect promotion - I expected a period of 'settling down', but I did expect it to be better than this. I can't even describe what Nigel Pearson's 'style' of play is. 

No I still don't want NP sacked - yet - believe it or not, it IS possible to criticise the manager without wanting him replaced - and besides - it's only worth sacking someone if there is a better replacement available. However, I don't buy any more of this 'he inherited a **** squad' bollocks any more. He did his bit to CREATE the current '****' squad, so if the squad really IS '****' then it's partly of his own making.
To be fair to Nigel, it's just some of our FANS who are saying this, not Pearson himself.

He needs to do the job he's paid to do - lets not forget that he's being paid more than ANY other manager in the history of our club - EVEN MORE THAN LEE JOHNSON WAS!!
Some of his decisions defy logic and he really needs to step up. I'm really beginning to wonder if he is a 'one hit wonder' (with Leicester) - like Wilson was (with Barnsley). I seriously hope NOT - for all our sakes, but he's certainly NOT the messiah.

How do you know what he's being paid, or is it guessing,

24 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Dont know if hes a naughty boy, but hes just about the worst manager, statically weve ever had. Performances are shocking, our defending is appalling, and good will amongst supporters to everyone at the club is very low. Weve made players millionaires when they should never have got those contracts, and it appears we are likely to get relegated next season.

pearson is crap. Ashton was a charlatan, lansdown got suckered in to giving repeated contracts to poor players and managers. We have 2/3 players with any type of transfer value and when they are sold we will be stuck with poor worthless players either injured or not very good. Or both. 

I’m with you in most of your points, I’m absolutely bewildered that so many still back him despite the utter rubbish we have had to put up with in his 15 months though I do appreciate that everybody has a right to their point of view.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, harrys said:

Did he honestly say that? I wouldn’t know because I stopped listening to him many months ago due to his rudeness and arrogance 

Yes he did. And as someone who's prepared to support Pearson for a good while longer yet, ie. the coming summer transfer window at the very least, I agree it was rude. Just as some of his other replies to media questions have been.

But, seriously, who gives a funk? Seriously. 

"Oooh I can't stand him cos 'es so rude".

Get a funking grip.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Simon bristol said:

You really want to judge how good or otherwise he is by using statistics?

Without taking any context into account - the teams we've been playing, the level we're playing at, the state of the club when he took over, the fact he's been here 5 minutes as opposed to those other managers you're comparing him to? 

Idiot. On the ignore step you go. 

Yes performances have been poor. Agreed, we probably should be doing a bit better. How much better? Play off better? Of course not, so on the ignore step you go.

The rest of your rambling post isn't even anything to do with Pearson, so... like I said. Idiot. 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

When I can be @rsed I will trawl through these replies and engage with those who want a sensible debate. 
The calibre and content of some of these responses have been expected and to continue responding is a waste of time - it’s a bit like trying to debate with the 3 eyed aliens in the Toy Story grab machine. 
‘turd imoji’ ok - good argument 
’your opinion doesn’t matter because you moved to Swindon…’ yeah ok. 
somewhere amongst all this piffle there are probably some good sensible responses. 
it might take me some time……

Oh I get it, you've been able to read and respond to all the negative posts but somehow missed the ones from the people who, with the patience of Job, have explained in detail why you're talking nonsense. You'll read those later? Once you've come up with some more nonsensical argument to the contrary.

Like I've already said,  you'd be well off learning how to distinguish between the "likely to be true" and "likely to be bollocks" stuff you find on the internet (funny how you didn't respond to that).

If you don't, modern life's going to get a bit much for you. 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Like I've already said,  you'd be well off learning how to distinguish between the "likely to be true" and "likely to be bollocks" stuff you find on the internet (funny how you didn't respond to that).

If you don't, modern life's going to get a bit much for you. 

This comment ^ ^ from Merrick is likely from the "likely to be bollocks" side of the Internet @bcfcredandwhite, mate, trust me, I would know (my comment is from the "likely to be true" bit).

Anyway, @bcfcredandwhite, you carry on, fella. A very entertaining thread on a pretty dull forum currently. 

1 hour ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Yes he did. And as someone who's prepared to support Pearson for a good while longer yet, ie. the coming summer transfer window at the very least, I agree it was rude. Just as some of his other replies to media questions have been.

But, seriously, who gives a funk? Seriously. 

"Oooh I can't stand him cos 'es so rude".

Get a funking grip.

Bristol City Fans - our players are stealing a living, the board haven’t gotta clue

Nigel Pearson - some of our players are passive, the club is passive

Bristol City Fans - how dare you criticise the players and club

???

50 minutes ago, Son of Fred said:

Confidence is often confused with arrogance/rudeness...

Ask my wife.

Parklife

???

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

This comment ^ ^ from Merrick is likely from the "likely to be bollocks" side of the Internet @bcfcredandwhite, mate, trust me, I would know (my comment is from the "likely to be true" bit).

Anyway, @bcfcredandwhite, you carry on, fella. A very entertaining thread on a pretty dull forum currently. 

Two can play at that game!