IGNORED

Dyche leaving Burnley?

CyderInACan

34 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Think when they were taken over by Americans who have saddled them with debt it was the beginning of their decline.

Done an unbelievable job with a fraction of the resources of the likes of Howe or Lampard.

And losing Wood, after Newcastle triggered his release clause was the death knell for Premiership survival.

I'm surprised, because retaining Dyche would give them a great chance to bounce straight back up. He's done it once already. And got them into Europe. Burnley should build a statue to commemorate his achievements. 

Edited by Curr Avon
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

And losing Wood, after Newcastle triggered his release clause was the death knell for Premiership survival.

I'm surprised, because retaining Dyche would give them a great chance to bounce straight back up. He's done it once already. And got them into Europe. Burnley should build a statue to commemorate his achievements. 

Indeed, the most successful manager in their history I understand. He’s also stayed loyal when arguably bigger jobs can knocking. I’m not surprised the fans are unhappy, I am sure we’d be the same in their position.

Could’ve understood it if they lost to Everton. They beat them and despite losing to Norwich they still have a favourable run of games compared to Everton’s. As someone said, I’d happily take him at the Gate but his playing days here and the fact he’ll likely have better offers, I’d say it’s very unlikely 

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

My concern would be in Burnley striker Barnes goes down injured and he is forced to enquire as to his well being.

Ashley are you okay?

Are you okay?

Are you okay, Ashley?

Thinking about it, imagine if that injury was caused from a foul by Kirt Zuoma. That would be the criminal element covered as well.

58 minutes ago, Mattredrobin said:

Can't believe that. Can't imagine Burnley fans being to happy about that. 

https://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38289221

We peaked at 7th thanks to Sean who did an amazing job with relatively little backing. I wonder where we will bottom out?

I'm surprised too given the length of his outstanding contract, must have cost them a bit. I thought they'd give him a chance to bounce us back like last time.

Strange decision, seeing that they have been on the brink all season. Way too late to save them now. Only 4 wins so no great surprise if they are planning for next season as I think they have a large number (12/15) players out of contract in the summer. Tough times ahead, particularly with the large debt loaded onto the club by the new owners.

10 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

My concern would be in Burnley striker Barnes goes down injured and he is forced to enquire as to his well being.

Ashley are you okay?

Are you okay?

Are you okay, Ashley?

Friends with Andi maybe?

also didn’t we have him on trial once?

He's done an amazing job at Burnley.

Keeping them in the bottom half of the Premier League is a feat in itself nowadays. Losing Wood was a big loss for them.

I'm not surprised to hear he was critical of his time here. The feeling was mutual  considering we paid a lot of money for him.

18 minutes ago, Swede said:

He's done an amazing job at Burnley.

Keeping them in the bottom half of the Premier League is a feat in itself nowadays. Losing Wood was a big loss for them.

I'm not surprised to hear he was critical of his time here. The feeling was mutual  considering we paid a lot of money for him.

We made the naive mistake of buying in three players from an excellent Chesterfield team , Mercer, Holland and Dyche who had overperformed and , more poignantly, overplayed the previous season. 
They all arrived carrying injuries and despite their quality and the logic of our transfer policy, as this is City, it all went chest up. 
A was a big disappointment for all parties. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

We made the naive mistake of buying in three players from an excellent Chesterfield team , Mercer, Holland and Dyche who had overperformed and , more poignantly, overplayed the previous season. 
They all arrived carrying injuries and despite their quality and the logic of our transfer policy, as this is City, it all went chest up. 

Yes SD is quoted that being at Bristol City was the unhappiest period of his career

36 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Strange decision, seeing that they have been on the brink all season. Way too late to save them now. Only 4 wins so no great surprise if they are planning for next season as I think they have a large number (12/15) players out of contract in the summer. Tough times ahead, particularly with the large debt loaded onto the club by the new owners.

I would suspect that their chosen replacement has said "Yes".

19 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Wanted Kevin Davies as well didn’t we?

• Thanks 1