IGNORED

Isn’t that nice

Red Army 75

Yes watched on robins. Nothing amazing just players doing their jobs and being solid and reliable . Well played all if them . Ref. Was total shit again no consistency at all. There has to be a real shake up this summer with refs. We wil proberly revert to looking like we just meet in the pub for our game Monday  :laugh:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Loosey Boy said:

What was nice was when Nige was being interviewed after the game, fans shouting “we are with you Nige” and his response….”that’s nice that” ?

Give him the time and he will make us better and get us much closer/into the top 6

People have got to accept it’s going to take time , next season is likely to be tough and hopefully get through that onwards and upwards 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, daored said:

People have got to accept it’s going to take time , next season is likely to be tough and hopefully get through that onwards and upwards 

Exactly that.  All opinions are valid for sure but the mission this season was to stay up and NP has done that, IMO those advocating yet another change guarantees nothing other than more disruption and £££ss going out the door.  It’s about the long term project / bigger picture and we might get there quicker if there was more buying in to that.  Yes it’s highly frustrating we seem to be always in transition and part way into a plan but a few shrewd summer signings, some weeding out of the wage bill, more of NP’s “is what it is” straight talking (no references to analysis of “box entries” and the like) and we might be pleasantly surprised.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Loosey Boy said:

What was nice was when Nige was being interviewed after the game, fans shouting “we are with you Nige” and his response….”that’s nice that” ?

Give him the time and he will make us better and get us much closer/into the top 6

Yep, saw that too superb moment and showed another side to him.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

3 points, clean sheet, **** Stoke

In Nige we trust. Up the City, 

Yep, I watched it on the red button and even before Dasilva scored I thought it was a good game, end to end with both sides getting chances. Bentley pulled a good save at one stage.

City looked really solid and never looked like losing the game and that’s very different to many games I’ve watched this season!

The players will go into Mondays game full of confidence and another win will make a happy Easter.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 1

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Yep, I watched it on the red button and even before Dasilva scored I thought it was a good game, end to end with both sides getting chances. Bentley pulled a good save at one stage.

City looked really solid and never looked like losing the game and that’s very different to many games I’ve watched this season!

The players will go into Mondays game full of confidence and another win will make a happy Easter.

I thought they had two massive chances - one in both halves - that they should have taken. Both seemed easier than any of our chances, I wonder would the xG is because I feel it was quite low but likely to be +0.5/1.0 to their advantage. I suppose who cares 'cus we won, right? :)

Also glad to see you so confident about a must win game for Sheffield United. I mean, it would be magic to royally screw with their play off chances, but when do we do anything other than turn over in these circumstances?

23 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I thought they had two massive chances - one in both halves - that they should have taken. Both seemed easier than any of our chances, I wonder would the xG is because I feel it was quite low but likely to be +0.5/1.0 to their advantage. I suppose who cares 'cus we won, right? :)

Also glad to see you so confident about a must win game for Sheffield United. I mean, it would be magic to royally screw with their play off chances, but when do we do anything other than turn over in these circumstances?

Semenyo’s was a piece of piss, so easy that he had TWO clear options that would have seen the ball in the onion bag if he had executed. If a team needs an easier chance to score than that they have a problem.

Bentley makes a very good save but it wasn’t above and beyond his normal capability tbh. He’s a great shot stopper with flaws in other areas of his game. The free kick that hits the bar was unlucky from their perspective. I wasn’t seeing massive chances though?

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Semenyo’s was a piece of piss, so easy that he had TWO clear options that would have seen the ball in the onion bag if he had executed. If a team needs an easier chance to score than that they have a problem.

Bentley makes a very good save but it wasn’t above and beyond his normal capability tbh. He’s a great shot stopper with flaws in other areas of his game. The free kick that hits the bar was unlucky from their perspective. I wasn’t seeing massive chances though?

Maybe you're right, but if I can find what I think I saw I'll post details :)

(edit: The chances I thought they had didn't make the Sky highlights. Can I retract my post :))

Edited by Sleepy1968

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

There was the shot from Brown(?) that just skimmed the RH post with Bents rooted just after the AS chance. Took a wicked deflection but a foot to the left it was in.

5 hours ago, Floatn Over said:

Exactly that.  All opinions are valid for sure but the mission this season was to stay up and NP has done that, IMO those advocating yet another change guarantees nothing other than more disruption and £££ss going out the door.  It’s about the long term project / bigger picture and we might get there quicker if there was more buying in to that.  Yes it’s highly frustrating we seem to be always in transition and part way into a plan but a few shrewd summer signings, some weeding out of the wage bill, more of NP’s “is what it is” straight talking (no references to analysis of “box entries” and the like) and we might be pleasantly surprised.

To be fair with more box entries we might be awarded more penalties.

2 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Both seemed easier than any of our chances, I wonder would the xG is because I feel it was quite low but likely to be +0.5/1.0 to their advantage. I suppose who cares 'cus we won, right?

Average overall xG from the two sources I use that have published so far is 1.59 v 0.43. So more than 1.0 in Stoke's favour.

Infogol publish the shot maps here https://www.infogol.net/en/matches/result/english-football-league-championship/stoke-vs-bristol-city-2022-04-15/933595

Yep Stoke had 2 very good chances, one in the 6th minute and one in the 62nd. Our best chances had about a 1 in 10 chance of being scored.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Average overall xG from the two sources I use that have published so far is 1.59 v 0.43. So more than 1.0 in Stoke's favour.

Infogol publish the shot maps here https://www.infogol.net/en/matches/result/english-football-league-championship/stoke-vs-bristol-city-2022-04-15/933595

Yep Stoke had 2 very good chances, one in the 6th minute and one in the 62nd. Our best chances had about a 1 in 10 chance of being scored.

When I look at that Semenyo chance it tells me that xG is complete and utter bollocks and not something I would give a second thought to…..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

A very enjoyable day. They were doing a good deal in the Stanley Matthews Suite, so for the first time in over 30 years of watching City v Stoke games, my wife and I sat together. We’re usually in different stands.

And here’s the travelling faithful 

C6CE4BC5-5A36-4B94-A7C1-9635B099D6D6.thumb.jpeg.74415b8bb9faf281e3881dc047a6fb09.jpeg

Did they break through the stewards top left?