IGNORED

Congratulations Nige

Numero Uno

Job done. That was my “hope” at the start of the season, sadly. 

Would like to see better next season despite the budget restrictions. 

Some positives:

The youngsters (Scott, Benarous, Pring, Semenyo). More games for Joe Williams. Jay Dasilva return to form. Emergence of Robbie Cundy. Atkinson - very good first season all things considered. Weimanns goals. 

Hopefully an opportunity to offload a couple more high earners in the summer and bring in some hungrier players. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Mr Sno said:

3 points with 4 games left isn't huge, no matter which way you look at it.

It means that the team behind you needs to get 0.66 points per game more than you do. So if you get 1 per game, ie 1 draw 1 win, and 2 losses, they need to get 1.66 per game. That means bettering us by 1 whole win.

Plus we'd have Hull and Brum below us, so if they slipped up they'd be more likely to take that final spot.

It's huge.

49 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Dasilva is a real success story this season. Seemingly cast out at one point, fought his way back in when the opportunity arose, and has proven himself. Topped off with a flukes but enjoyable goal. Hope he gets the praise he deserves!

46 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Absolutely, I would say he has been our most consistent player since he returned. Fair play to him but also Nige 

So was Nige correct in casting him out???

:dunno:

11 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

And our good friend Andy +a load of numbers 

I’m one of them, delighted with the result today although it makes a mockery of what so many posters are saying about this squad not being good enough, this squad is good enough and it’s NP’s job to get the best out of them, the result today will make my long working weekend a lot sweeter and easier, would love NP to prove me wrong so onwards and upwards and let’s hope for four decent performances to give us hope for next season

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, harrys said:

I’m one of them, delighted with the result today although it makes a mockery of what so many posters are saying about this squad not being good enough, this squad is good enough and it’s NP’s job to get the best out of them, the result today will make my long working weekend a lot sweeter and easier, would love NP to prove me wrong so onwards and upwards and let’s hope for four decent performances to give us hope for next season

But that depends on whether you expect us to play as disciplined as this each game, take into account the opposition, etc…especially when you compare to the “average performance level” this season.  Of course players are capable of better, but the fact is, they rarely have…at least not in enough numbers each week.  Too often dragged down by two, three, four “4 or 5s out of 10”.  And that’s not been the youngsters either.  If we played like today all season (on average) I’d think differently.  We haven’t though.  It is however something to build from.

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

But that depends on whether you expect us to play as disciplined as this each game, take into account the opposition, etc…especially when you compare to the “average performance level” this season.  Of course players are capable of better, but the fact is, they rarely have…at least not in enough numbers each week.  Too often dragged down by two, three, four “4 or 5s out of 10”.  And that’s not been the youngsters either.  If we played like today all season (on average) I’d think differently.  We haven’t though.  It is however something to build from.

In a nutshell you do agree the players are good enough.

1 hour ago, Mr Sno said:

Really don't understand this - we would only be 3 points from the drop if they hadn't had points deducted.

And if we hadn’t conceded so many goals in stoppage time, we’d be in the play-offs. Talking about ifs and buts is pointless IMO. We are where we are. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Mr Sno said:

Really don't understand this - we would only be 3 points from the drop if they hadn't had points deducted.

Then again, if Derby and Reading hadn't got the players they managed to keep though financial rule breaking where would they be? Much worse off I reckon.

Nigel Pearson has managed to get through the season with no threat of the drop whilst slashing costs. Unfortunately for us it looks like he'll have repeat the trick next year.

Well done to him - think we're in very good hands and I hope he's here for the opportunity to build a competitive  team.

• Like 15

6 minutes ago, Calculus said:

Then again, if Derby and Reading hadn't got the players they managed to keep though financial rule breaking where would they be? Much worse off I reckon.

Nigel Pearson has managed to get through the season with no threat of the drop whilst slashing costs. Unfortunately for us it looks like he'll have repeat the trick next year.

Well done to him - think we're in very good hands and I hope he's here for the opportunity to build a competitive  team.

Today showed what you can achieve without paying anyone 20K a week. That's certainly something worth building on.  

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

We're in the Championship again next season Dave, I think that's all we could ask for at the mo.

Celebrate? No, it's not worthy of a celebration but certainly relief the job's done. 

Tongue in cheek jibe at another poster who is very quiet this evening..keep up

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1