IGNORED

City player not to fight with

22A

26 minutes ago, 22A said:

In recent times we've had threads on here regarding City's fattest, or thinnest, shortest or tallest player. Following Dan Bentley's altercation at Stoke which City player would you not want to fight with? To start the ball rolling; Enoch Shounmi followed by Fammi. Given their upper body strength John Galley and Mike Gibson would also be wise to avoid.

Enoch was more of a gentle giant.

I remember GJ saying Enoch had told him he wanted to play alongside a big man. Gary's response was "Hasn't he got any mirrors in his house?" ?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GreedyHarry said:

Dave Martin. Vague recollections of him having an argument with another player who then pushed him. Martin then fell backwards at the same time as kicking the other bloke in the balls before he hit the deck.

Yep, him or Mick Harford.

Both absolutely hard as ****.

Always remember the Gloucester Cup game under Osman when Rovers turned up & expected us to be the soft touch we had been for years, Ian Baird elbowed one of their players on the blindside of the ref & as the gas players all ran over to get involved Martin grabbed Marcus Browning around the throat & wouldn’t let go, I genuinely thought he was going to strangle him.

Browning absolutely shit himself & went nowhere near Martin for the rest of the match.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Red said:

Mick Harford

The winner, when this topic has been discussed in a whole football sense, consistently Mick Harford and Duncan Ferguson's names have been mentioned. Wimbledon players like Vinnie Jones and John Fashanu both reckon Harford was the man nobody would mess with.

The stories about Ferguson are legendary and started when he was a teenager for Dundee United. He was started on by 2 Dundee fans when he was only 17 and he knocked them both out. The stories continue in a similar vein to the present day.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grifty said:

Tommy Doherty always looked like he had a bit of a temper on him.

Amazed it took so long for someone to say this. I'd put my money on him all day over Akinbiyi etc. Tommy Doc was the sort of bloke you'd be punching his face into the tarmac and he'd be laughing at you before knocking you out. Early Conor McGregor sort of nutcase.