IGNORED

City player not to fight with

22A

Remember in one match years ago, an opposition defender took out one of our players (can't remember who) with a pretty rough challenge, then  Mark Aizelwood casually walks the length of the pitch, strolls right up to his face and chins him.

Aizelwood was a proper hard nut. Also playing in defence at that similar time was Glenn Humphries (nickname psycho), and John Pender. That's what you call a proper defensive unit.

Edited by OneCity
  • Like 2

Everyone knows that Amerkins have the weirdest surnames?      I just watched a great movie called  Sicario...............i noticed at the end credits that the producer was named Basil IWank .....now i know this has nothing to do with fighting City players, but i just had to share.   ?

• Haha 1

Carl Shutt for me.

Walsall play-off replay at their old ground. Carl was a sub and came on mid way through second half. 

From where I was standing it looked as if the keeper had caught the ball and landed at the feet of Carl who might well have said that if he got up he would hit him. The keeper did and Carl did too!

On 16/04/2022 at 06:50, REDOXO said:

Although not a player obviously. Which one of our many key board warriors would walk up to Nigel Pearson and call him a C ***? 

I quite like the guy, have much respect for him so it wouldn't happen but we're the same age, he's alot smaller than me and I can handle myself (have been a boxing trainer for many years) I'd have no problem doing so if I wanted to tbh

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Med/MadHatter said:

I quite like the guy, have much respect for him so it wouldn't happen but we're the same age, he's alot smaller than me and I can handle myself (have been a boxing trainer for many years) I'd have no problem doing so if I wanted to tbh

It’s all that fresh air in the frozen north!

• Haha 1

On 15/04/2022 at 20:31, 22A said:

In recent times we've had threads on here regarding City's fattest, or thinnest, shortest or tallest player. Following Dan Bentley's altercation at Stoke which City player would you not want to fight with? To start the ball rolling; Enoch Shounmi followed by Fammi. Given their upper body strength John Galley and Mike Gibson would also be wise to avoid.

On holiday at the moment just looked at the scuffle again did Joe Allen chuck a punch, could he get a ban?

11 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

None of the current crop, game's moved on. But, from the distant past, Steve Galliers and Joe Jordan have rightly been mentioned.

But what about Bobby Hutchinson - you wouldn't mess, methinks.

More recently, Ivan Sproule struck me as someone with...a temper.

The thing about Sproule was that you wouldn't be able to run away from him. :)

I don't think anyone has mentioned John Emmanuel, I wish I had been at the Hawthorns when he put Willie Johnston to sleep with a right hook.

I am sure I have posted this before but the report in the Telegraph of that incident was brilliant, from memory it was...

"Emmanuel took the ball from Johnston with a hard but fair tackle. Johnston, incensed at not getting a free kick chased Emmanuel pummeling him in the back. When Johnston came round, the referee sent them both off."

?

Edited by Port Said Red

On 15/04/2022 at 22:08, Northern Red said:

Wilbs could look after himself.

On 15/04/2022 at 23:45, Davefevs said:

Yep, ask James Tarkowski.

image.jpeg

Could certainly look after himself, he was never sent off for us, absolutely brilliant at getting away with stuff on the blindside of the officials.

Used by us a lot as a sub late in his time with us, always seemed to “accidentally” stand on his opponents foot at the first throw in, certainly “looked after” Kodjia during his spell with us.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Could certainly look after himself, he was never sent off for us, absolutely brilliant at getting away with stuff on the blindside of the officials.

Used by us a lot as a sub late in his time with us, always seemed to “accidentally” stand on his opponents foot at the first throw in, certainly “looked after” Kodjia during his spell with us.

Kodjia said as much too.