IGNORED

Absolute disgusting behaviour

Stockwood gate

I have knocked away days on the head after seeing men in a similar ilk smash the roof of a bus on the way to Swansea.

Don’t buy the lockdown excuse it’s just weird behaviour. If I ever became such a sorry excuse of a man I would take a long time to recover from the shame. And I’m not exactly tight. Some of our fans need to look at themselves.

• Like 14

Some of those middle aged tosser types can be found on here on occasion also.

Often read comments on posts glorifying past football violence and pretending they were actually involved, giving away fans "slaps" etc.

Toe curling, sad and pathetic in equal measure.

Edited by Waconda

3 minutes ago, adamski said:

As a 60 something who witnessed the "glory days" of the late 60's, 70's and 80's I find it hilarious to see the same old, and I mean old, faces decked out for action...Burberry cap hiding hairless pate or ridiculous hair style making the most of what little they have, Stone Island XXL (or knock off) outerwear, tightly stretched Fred Perry, baggy jeans (alas, those skin tight Lois Jeans will not contain the spread of age) and Samba/Bamba trainers(not the best footwear for aged fallen arches). Victims of magical thinking, self-generated ever expanding legend( as witnessed on this very forum or overheard in the pub), low self-esteem and self-focused masking ego.  Sad escapees from their own reality, fuelled by poor quality cocaine and booze. I'd feel sorry for them if they just stuck to dressing up and lying, but no, these little men have to demonstrate their dwindling prowess by disturbing the personal space of others with their mindless acts of vandalism, foul mouths, aggressive posturing and calculated acts of violence against victims who will not or cannot respond. Sad, irresponsible, selfish B'stards!

You have made my day. Everything I feel and wanted to say but just can’t express myself that well.

As I said I know lots of other people are noticing. Sadly I doubt if anything will change though. I’ve seen that you cannot reason with this morons. The Stewards don’t act as it’s just not worth the trouble to them, and I do understand that but it doesn’t make it right. 

The vast majority of our fans are great and I’m certainly not the fun police. Going away should be a good experience. It’s sad though when I can walk around any ground and mix with rival fans with absolutely no trouble except in an away end with our own. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, RedM said:

It seems to be 'fans' of that age who were verbally abusing and intimidating people at the ground yesterday too, same recently at Bournemouth.

They arrive late, too pissed that they can hardly stand. If you are lucky they will then fall asleep within a few minutes, I have seen that several times over the last couple of matches. If you are unlucky they will push into any row they like, without any thought for people who have been there an hour or more before. People who have often sacrificed a better view to sit lower in the stands to get away from the idiots who often go to the back, which is the decent thing to do.

Some people don't want to sit with drunken morons. They might not be able to stand. They might have children with them. They might not want to get smoked out with flares or have people smoking and drinking alcohol next to them. These people as I say know to sit lower, they don't sit up in the morons areas. But more and more frequently the morons are arriving after KO and can't get to the back as it's full or are really too pissed to climb the steps. They then as I said just think they can stand where they want. At Bournemouth that was on the steps and all along the bottom of the stand. If there had been a medical emergency the stewards would not have had a hope getting through to assist. 

I really don't know how they gain entry. I understand that clubs might want these in as they will just drink and drink which means £££'s for the clubs. If you are early you are thoroughly searched, arrive late en masse and it appears you can get in with anything.

I speak to a lot of fans away, and stewards. Lately it has not been a good experience. I got to stress it's NOT the younger fans. Almost never have any trouble with 25 and younger. They are 'lively' but respect the 'rules' regarding not standing Infront of people (usually) but it's the 40 to 60 year olds who are the most drunken and abusive. They think they are still 'lads' and are embarrassing to themselves and the club who most stewards say have a bad reputation now.

Yes I witnessed this at Bournemouth, absolutely disgusting, verbal abuse at home fans,too pissed ,could hardly stand,, wouldn't sit down after being told to by supervisor steward, if there was an  emergency in the ground they'd have no chance, disabled fans had to move ,they couldn't see the game, I'm disabled in a mobility scooter ,wanted to go to toilet couldn't get through,,they pay for a seat,then sit in it, these weren't young kids ,they were grown men, disgusting, 

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, adamski said:

As a 60 something who witnessed the "glory days" of the late 60's, 70's and 80's I find it hilarious to see the same old, and I mean old, faces decked out for action...Burberry cap hiding hairless pate or ridiculous hair style making the most of what little they have, Stone Island XXL (or knock off) outerwear, tightly stretched Fred Perry, baggy jeans (alas, those skin tight Lois Jeans will not contain the spread of age) and Samba/Bamba trainers(not the best footwear for aged fallen arches). Victims of magical thinking, self-generated ever expanding legend( as witnessed on this very forum or overheard in the pub), low self-esteem and self-focused masking ego.  Sad escapees from their own reality, fuelled by poor quality cocaine and booze. I'd feel sorry for them if they just stuck to dressing up and lying, but no, these little men have to demonstrate their dwindling prowess by disturbing the personal space of others with their mindless acts of vandalism, foul mouths, aggressive posturing and calculated acts of violence against victims who will not or cannot respond. Sad, irresponsible, selfish B'stards!

Great post and having been around from the mid-late 70's I can relate to everything you have described. Sadly all clubs seem to have them and we're no different and they seem to make themselves known more on the away days.

1 minute ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Great post and having been around from the mid-late 70's I can relate to everything you have described. Sadly all clubs seem to have them and we're no different and they seem to make themselves known more on the away days.

What really scares me (being around that age) is ending up in a care home somewhere next to these guys. Obviously age doesn’t seem to have mellowed them and I can see them acting exactly the same way as they waddle around on their Zimmer frames.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Stockwood gate said:

I am so disgusted at the absolute idiots onboard the train from Birmingham to Bristol tonight smashing up the tables and behaving like idiots , what makes it worse it’s not young kids but middle aged tossers who think it okay to behave in this manor 

Then they'll moan when the rail prices go up, someone's got to pay for the damage, yes the innocent passengers,

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You’re spot on @RedM and you’ve expressed it very well. I’m of a similar era to @adamski and my recollection of the 70s and 80s is that the “aggro” was generally two sets of fans having a go at each other, was avoidable if you wanted to, and within the away end there was always a feeling of comradeship between fellow reds, even if some of them were nutcases outside! 

Just recently it’s got more and more unpleasant at away games - Bournemouth, West Brom, stand out. As you say, these guys just seem completely out of it, completely selfish. And that selfishness, unpleasantness and aggression is directed at City fans as much as anyone else. The apparent need to get to a seat by simply clambering over other seats - occupied or not - is a really weird and irritating habit. As you say, sometimes when they get there they’ll just stay slumped there and that’s probably the best outcome. At Bournemouth (where it was impossible to move) I ended up by a group whose constant obscene, aggressive abuse of the Bmuff fans involved flinging their arms out wide like a gorilla beating it’s chest - generally hitting neighbouring City fans in the process. And completely unaware of it. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

It is actually an offence to enter or be in any sports ground drunk. These cretins should not be allowed in. Another case if cops and stewards not doing their jobs properly 

I think it’s almost certainly a case of better have them inside where you can keep an eye on them than wandering around outside. Sadly. I don’t envy the police or the stewards one little bit. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, RedM said:

It seems to be 'fans' of that age who were verbally abusing and intimidating people at the ground yesterday too, same recently at Bournemouth.

They arrive late, too pissed that they can hardly stand. If you are lucky they will then fall asleep within a few minutes, I have seen that several times over the last couple of matches. If you are unlucky they will push into any row they like, without any thought for people who have been there an hour or more before. People who have often sacrificed a better view to sit lower in the stands to get away from the idiots who often go to the back, which is the decent thing to do.

Some people don't want to sit with drunken morons. They might not be able to stand. They might have children with them. They might not want to get smoked out with flares or have people smoking and drinking alcohol next to them. These people as I say know to sit lower, they don't sit up in the morons areas. But more and more frequently the morons are arriving after KO and can't get to the back as it's full or are really too pissed to climb the steps. They then as I said just think they can stand where they want. At Bournemouth that was on the steps and all along the bottom of the stand. If there had been a medical emergency the stewards would not have had a hope getting through to assist. 

I really don't know how they gain entry. I understand that clubs might want these in as they will just drink and drink which means £££'s for the clubs. If you are early you are thoroughly searched, arrive late en masse and it appears you can get in with anything.

I speak to a lot of fans away, and stewards. Lately it has not been a good experience. I got to stress it's NOT the younger fans. Almost never have any trouble with 25 and younger. They are 'lively' but respect the 'rules' regarding not standing Infront of people (usually) but it's the 40 to 60 year olds who are the most drunken and abusive. They think they are still 'lads' and are embarrassing to themselves and the club who most stewards say have a bad reputation now.

That’s because the younger generation, in my experience, know how to respect others and treat people with decency. Also in my experience it is these cretinous middle aged drunkards that cause most of the problems this country has. Our away end recently sums it up. After Swansea I actually reduced my intake massively out of fear of looking like or becoming one of these buffoons. 

I do feel sorry for the more mild mannered fans who travel 4 hours just to get these titcakes stood in front of them. We have an elderly travelling contingent and it baffles me that they keep coming after some of the things I’ve seen them put up with during games this season. 

I’m no snowflake but it really is quite bad at times. There’s a line. 

Edited by Bouncearoundtheground
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RedM said:

Hmmm I don't know. The away games I've been to this season it's been the Under 25's who are coked up being kicked out of neutral pubs and intimidating non football fans on the tube (QPR away). I haven't been away with City since Coventry, can't be bothered ever since as our fans are embarassing.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, bredwood said:

What really scares me (being around that age) is ending up in a care home somewhere next to these guys. Obviously age doesn’t seem to have mellowed them and I can see them acting exactly the same way as they waddle around on their Zimmer frames.

nah. A heart attack should "thin 'em out" a bit

Completely agree with the posters on here. Sad little men.... Pitiful sight who really are spoiling it for the majority of fans who just want a good day out with no trouble. Last Sunday I had the opportunity to stand in the notorious curva a in Napoli's maradona stadium... Absolutely brilliant atmosphere... And guess what ?... Their fans whilst fanatical were not acting as complete bell ends - respectful of others around them... I was with the missus and my son and they were great with them ... Getting them involved with the chanting... Great experience.

• Like 9
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

That’s because the younger generation, in my experience, know how to respect others and treat people with decency. Also in my experience it is these cretinous middle aged drunkards that cause most of the problems this country has. Our away end recently sums it up. After Swansea I actually reduced my intake massively out of fear of looking like or becoming one of these buffoons. 

I do feel sorry for the more mild mannered fans who travel 4 hours just to get these titcakes stood in front of them. We have an elderly travelling contingent and it baffles me that they keep coming after some of the things I’ve seen them put up with during games this season. 

I’m no snowflake but it really is quite bad at times. There’s a line. 

The same younger generation chucking full cans of Thatchers at away players at AG? 

I'm far from middle aged by the way (in my 20s) but it's both from my own experience this season. Most of these embarassments remind me of bullies from School

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

It is actually an offence to enter or be in any sports ground drunk. These cretins should not be allowed in. Another case if cops and stewards not doing their jobs properly 

Yes indeed that’s part of my point. If you arrive early you are given the third degree and full search. As I said at Bournemouth one female friend even had her boots searched and she was entering the ground alone. Turn up later in a group and be intimidating and I’m sure you are not subjected to such scrutiny. And these are the people who should br more thoroughly checked. Maybe thecarrive at the ground only partly drunk but by the time they have downed a few in the concourse and taken a substance or two they are a ‘different gravy’ as they say. 

There were loads of Police and Stewards inside and outside the ground yesterday and yet these people we allowed in and went on to cause a nuisance. It’s bad enough when as a football fan you are caught up in this but as @Stockwood gatesays in the original post it’s a different thing again for them to behave like they do on trains where innocent members of the public are involved.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2015 said:

The same younger generation chucking full cans of Thatchers at away players at AG? 

I'm far from middle aged by the way (in my 20s) but it's both from my own experience this season. Most of these embarassments remind me of bullies from School

Yes of course. The behaviour in a certain corner at home has been embarrassing and certainly hasn’t gone unnoticed. Maybe I’ve been ‘luckier’ regarding the younger fans, but yes agree age is no barrier for our brainless, selfish morons.

18 minutes ago, SouthStand Sandwich said:

Completely agree with the posters on here. Sad little men.... Pitiful sight who really are spoiling it for the majority of fans who just want a good day out with no trouble. Last Sunday I had the opportunity to stand in the notorious curva a in Napoli's maradona stadium... Absolutely brilliant atmosphere... And guess what ?... Their fans whilst fanatical were not acting as complete bell ends - respectful of others around them... I was with the missus and my son and they were great with them ... Getting them involved with the chanting... Great experience.

I was at Torino v AC Milan last Sunday. Great atmosphere. Home and away fans in the curvas singing non-stop beginning to end, but all very well organised - searches, ID checks, masks...the works...all endured with patience. In normal life I'm a boringly sensible, sober, grey haired professional man. Pitch up at a football match in England and I'm marked out as a potential hooligan...thanks to the legacy of the actions of the 'top lads' 'back in the day'. It was embarrassing enough 40 years ago, thought it had died out, sorry @RedM to read that they are still around.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Red-Al said:

Yes I witnessed this at Bournemouth, absolutely disgusting, verbal abuse at home fans,too pissed ,could hardly stand,, wouldn't sit down after being told to by supervisor steward, if there was an  emergency in the ground they'd have no chance, disabled fans had to move ,they couldn't see the game, I'm disabled in a mobility scooter ,wanted to go to toilet couldn't get through,,they pay for a seat,then sit in it, these weren't young kids ,they were grown men, disgusting, 

The club should be aware of this seemingly growing issue I assume?? overgrown kids -  whomever is responsible for the safety/security of customers attending matches at Ashton gate,,many with children/grand children with them very much have a right to be sheilded from aggression & intimidation..I'm more than able to face these ****'s when alone,,but when with my grandson reference points change somewhat - collective heads need to be pulled from the sand (yet again) BCFC,,,to execute a plan to deal with these 'men'..

Get tough,,get control & ban...

• Like 1