IGNORED

Absolute disgusting behaviour

Stockwood gate

45 minutes ago, Midred said:

Do the rail companies charge the clubs?

How would that work? How could they prove random people on trains have a connection to a specific football club?

As for the original issue, we have a problem with male culture & violence that I rarely see when I go to continental Europe.

I don’t know why that is the case, but truly pathetic.

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, RedM said:

Yes of course. The behaviour in a certain corner at home has been embarrassing and certainly hasn’t gone unnoticed. Maybe I’ve been ‘luckier’ regarding the younger fans, but yes agree age is no barrier for our brainless, selfish morons.

The majority of the younger ‘followers’ look up to the older stone island knock off wearing Neanderthals & aspire to be like them though that’s what’s worrying. 

You make some good points @RedMbut in my experiences the age is mixed and the 25ish age group are equally as culpable. I label them followers as whilst this conversation about these morons has been had before, these idiots are most definitely not fans & it does a great disservice to our actual fans. These brainless cretins use City as an excuse to have a day out, act like bell ends & get hammered. They don’t care about the football. If they aren’t turning up late & spending an afternoon abusing home & away fans like at bmouth they will only be spending the rest of the time in the concourse throwing bins around or something well thought out like that.

Every club has them but we unfortunately have more than most. Embarrassing. I do always have a chuckle to myself though when I see the old ‘top boys’ decked out in stone island gear trying to re live ‘the glory years’.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Taylor10 said:

The majority of the younger ‘followers’ look up to the older stone island knock off wearing Neanderthals & aspire to be like them though that’s what’s worrying. 

You make some good points @RedMbut in my experiences the age is mixed and the 25ish age group are equally as culpable. I label them followers as whilst this conversation about these morons has been had before, these idiots are most definitely not fans & it does a great disservice to our actual fans. These brainless cretins use City as an excuse to have a day out, act like bell ends & get hammered. They don’t care about the football. If they aren’t turning up late & spending an afternoon abusing home & away fans like at bmouth they will only be spending the rest of the time in the concourse throwing bins around or something well thought out like that.

Every club has them but we unfortunately have more than most. Embarrassing. I do always have a chuckle to myself though when I see the old ‘top boys’ decked out in stone island gear trying to re live ‘the glory years’.

******** are ******** regardless of age

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Taylor10 said:

This all sounds sadly familiar, the OAP's trying to relive their youth, and the coked up youngsters who imitate their behaviour.  Can be major spoilers of away days for the rest of us. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Taylor10 said:

You made some good points but what you said here simply isn’t true. I’ve done ground hopping for years and our fans are generally some of the most well behaved going ,especially out of all the championship clubs I’d say only Fulham are more well behaved.

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Son of Fred said:

The club should be aware of this seemingly growing issue I assume?? overgrown kids -  whomever is responsible for the safety/security of customers attending matches at Ashton gate,,many with children/grand children with them very much have a right to be sheilded from aggression & intimidation..I'm more than able to face these ****'s when alone,,but when with my grandson reference points change somewhat - collective heads need to be pulled from the sand (yet again) BCFC,,,to execute a plan to deal with these 'men'..

Get tough,,get control & ban...

Cocaine.

Spineless cubicle dwellers taking orders from middle managers all week sniff their way to bravery and stupidity.

Edited by Waconda

9 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

You made some good points but what you said here simply isn’t true. I’ve done ground hopping for years and our fans are generally some of the most well behaved going ,especially out of all the championship clubs I’d say only Fulham are more well behaved.

I would agree when referring to genuine fans WR, but as my post eluded to I was referring to the day tripping dullards, not the genuine fans. Like you I have done a lot of ground hopping over the years & we have a lot of idiots acting under the guise of being a Bristol city or football fan for that matter.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RedM said:

It seems to be 'fans' of that age who were verbally abusing and intimidating people at the ground yesterday too, same recently at Bournemouth.

They arrive late, too pissed that they can hardly stand. If you are lucky they will then fall asleep within a few minutes, I have seen that several times over the last couple of matches. If you are unlucky they will push into any row they like, without any thought for people who have been there an hour or more before. People who have often sacrificed a better view to sit lower in the stands to get away from the idiots who often go to the back, which is the decent thing to do.

Some people don't want to sit with drunken morons. They might not be able to stand. They might have children with them. They might not want to get smoked out with flares or have people smoking and drinking alcohol next to them. These people as I say know to sit lower, they don't sit up in the morons areas. But more and more frequently the morons are arriving after KO and can't get to the back as it's full or are really too pissed to climb the steps. They then as I said just think they can stand where they want. At Bournemouth that was on the steps and all along the bottom of the stand. If there had been a medical emergency the stewards would not have had a hope getting through to assist. 

I really don't know how they gain entry. I understand that clubs might want these in as they will just drink and drink which means £££'s for the clubs. If you are early you are thoroughly searched, arrive late en masse and it appears you can get in with anything.

I speak to a lot of fans away, and stewards. Lately it has not been a good experience. I got to stress it's NOT the younger fans. Almost never have any trouble with 25 and younger. They are 'lively' but respect the 'rules' regarding not standing Infront of people (usually) but it's the 40 to 60 year olds who are the most drunken and abusive. They think they are still 'lads' and are embarrassing to themselves and the club who most stewards say have a bad reputation now.

It's not just away either. 2 fifty something blokes in the Dolman the other week getting all hard and pushy with a younger fan just as the AG 8 were coming on. Those 'fans' too busy relieving their youth to applaud and witness what was a real special moment 

• Like 1

Went to Wembley for an England friendly a few weeks ago. That was dreadful experience - full of coked up morons in knock off stone island too. 

This was a good article on the subject: 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/5a7cb68c-8a54-11ec-8600-c48a9935f856?shareToken=a801a9794310c0ef237d5957db835c7c

If you’re fed up of it, I really can’t recommend giving a non-league game a go enough (ironically yes, the above is technically non-league).

Totally different atmosphere, but no less passionate. Entertaining games, enjoy a drink as you watch. I’ve done a couple away games and you’re generally made very welcome by the home team and supporters, plus you’re generally visiting some nice places for a few Saturday afternoon beers (rather than Stoke). You’d be surprised at the standard too. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

We've always had a bad reputation, where have you been for the last 40 years, :laugh:.

Oh I’ve been there, all the way. Maybe not the 70’s but certainly started following in the 80’s and very aware of what it was like then, home and away. 

But like it or not not football has changed. It should be a safe place for everybody. There is a lot of effort making the game open to everyone, Black, LGBT etc rightly cutting out racist chants and homophobia. Next we need cut out the thugs amongst our own somehow. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, adamski said:

As a 60 something who witnessed the "glory days" of the late 60's, 70's and 80's I find it hilarious to see the same old, and I mean old, faces decked out for action...Burberry cap hiding hairless pate or ridiculous hair style making the most of what little they have, Stone Island XXL (or knock off) outerwear, tightly stretched Fred Perry, baggy jeans (alas, those skin tight Lois Jeans will not contain the spread of age) and Samba/Bamba trainers(not the best footwear for aged fallen arches). Victims of magical thinking, self-generated ever expanding legend( as witnessed on this very forum or overheard in the pub), low self-esteem and self-focused masking ego.  Sad escapees from their own reality, fuelled by poor quality cocaine and booze. I'd feel sorry for them if they just stuck to dressing up and lying, but no, these little men have to demonstrate their dwindling prowess by disturbing the personal space of others with their mindless acts of vandalism, foul mouths, aggressive posturing and calculated acts of violence against victims who will not or cannot respond. Sad, irresponsible, selfish B'stards!

Not a dig at the poster here by any means, but references to the ‘glory days’ will only keep these idiots doing what they do.

Making it out that attending football matches without having a dust up in the past meant you weren’t really a fan, just fuels these egos and gives them some kind of justification to carry on like idiots as some great show of bravado among them and their associates.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robin101 said:

Went to Wembley for an England friendly a few weeks ago. That was dreadful experience - full of coked up morons in knock off stone island too. 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/5a7cb68c-8a54-11ec-8600-c48a9935f856?shareToken=a801a9794310c0ef237d5957db835c7c

If you’re fed up of it, I really can’t recommend giving a non-league game a go enough (ironically yes, the above is technically non-league).

Totally different atmosphere, but no less passionate. Entertaining games, enjoy a drink as you watch. I’ve done a couple away games and you’re generally made very welcome by the home team and supporters, plus you’re generally visiting some nice places for a few Saturday afternoon beers (rather than Stoke). You’d be surprised at the standard too. 

Agree 100% with non league football, I watch it fairly regularly with my nephew who ground hops a lot. It’s so much more relaxing to enjoy a few beers pitchside with the banter of locals  and as you mention the standard is very good. I am laid up after hip surgery otherwise I would be down the Creek today.

The rise in the reappearance of violent incidents at football is a nationwide problem and this has been well documented on here in the recent past, and also in the National press. It’s never ever gone away at City and I doubt it ever will as sad as that may sound .

1 hour ago, Robin101 said:

Not necessarily, the trouble can be worse in non-league as less stewarding (most are volunteers), no police often, no segregation and in lots of places you can drink whilst watching the game.

I use to follow a non league club as a kid with my Dad, and then spent a number of years playing at that level. Big games would attract a lot of the nearby fans of the type were talking. I’ve been to Frome and seen our City lads turn up in numbers acting like idiots.

Big games at Halesowen and Tamworth I remember some trouble. Methyr Tydfil are a horrible bunch. An away game to Worcester once saw us leave with rocks and stones thrown at the team coach.

Ive seen far more trouble at non-league than following City - but I’d say when I’ve seen trouble with City it’s usually been a larger scale. The bottles thrown at us by Hull off Wembley way, bottles of piss and all sorts at Cardiff, been circled by a bunch of Leeds fans walking away from the ground and I can assure not once have I ever been looking for trouble, and it’s also relatively rare I’ve encountered it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cider hoss rules said:

Not a dig at the poster here by any means, but references to the ‘glory days’ will only keep these idiots doing what they do.

Making it out that attending football matches without having a dust up in the past meant you weren’t really a fan, just fuels these egos and gives them some kind of justification to carry on like idiots as some great show of bravado among them and their associates.

The reason I put glory days in parentheses was to indicate irony, not an indication that I believe the days of football violence were glorious.

to make that clear-  HEY KIZ, FOOTBALL RELATED VIOLENCE IS NOT BIG AND IT’s NOT CLEVER….unlike an elephant with a non-honorary doctorate  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, 2015 said:

Hmmm I don't know. The away games I've been to this season it's been the Under 25's who are coked up being kicked out of neutral pubs and intimidating non football fans on the tube (QPR away). I haven't been away with City since Coventry, can't be bothered ever since as our fans are embarassing.

I think you're right 2015. I don't see it as an age thing. Young, so called mature, and in between. Some of the vilest language and abuse I've heard this season was (at Coventry, I think) a group in their 30s probably - and with their young children sat next to them. God knows what future they've got.

That said - it was very much the case of the older age group standing out yesterday.

Edited by italian dave
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Robin101 said:

The thing is, yesterday we met several Stoke fans on the way to and from the ground - very friendly, good chat about our respective teams. We walked through somewhere a bit like Bedminster CC, full of Stoke fans sitting outside having a beer and invited to join them, overall not a bad experience. Except for the so called City follower idiots.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, italian dave said:

I think you're right 2015. I don't see it as an age thing. Young, so called mature, and in between. Some of the vilest language and abuse I've heard this season was (at Coventry, I think) a group in their 30s probably - and with they young children sat next to them. God knows what future they've got.

That said - it was very much the case of the older age group standing out yesterday.

Was sat in the South Stand last game when a guy came in with two boys aged about 8. Never seen them before but the language was terrible. When Semenyo was warming up one of the boys says to Dad, " They're gonna take f*ckin Wells off Dad". "Probably yes, and stop swearing" he replied. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Was sat in the South Stand last game when a guy came in with two boys aged about 8. Never seen them before but the language was terrible. When Semenyo was warming up one of the boys says to Dad, " They're gonna take f*ckin Wells off Dad". "Probably yes, and stop swearing" he replied. 

Can understand going against drug use and fighting but swearing at football is nothing to moan about .

30 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Can understand going against drug use and fighting but swearing at football is nothing to moan about .

There’s swearing and there’s swearing though.

We’re not talking about the occasional f### out of frustration - we probably all do that.

We’re talking a constant stream of it, every word you can imagine, directed at individuals (players and fans) out of pure abuse, not frustration. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, italian dave said:

There’s swearing and there’s swearing though.

We’re not talking about the occasional f### out of frustration - we probably all do that.

We’re talking a constant stream of it, every word you can imagine, directed at individuals (players and fans) out of pure abuse, not frustration. 

Agreed, I think we all accept that swearing is engrained in the passion of matchdays.  Sometimes it is too much though, I was once stood behind a bloke who shoe-horned so many four letter words into everything he said, that none of it actually made sense. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Mike Stone said:

May I ask exactly why you were immediately embarrassed?

I suppose by immediately I meant even though it was still morning the loud and bad language and alcohol being consumed suggested it was only going one way and wasn’t going to end well. The constant bad language was even worse on the Brum to Stoke train. 

Dont get me wrong, I’ve been on trains early drinking on away days but always try and remember there’s others on that train that are with children and nothing to do with football. I didn’t see the later scenes that have been mentioned but overall it doesn’t sound good does it?

• Like 1