IGNORED

Absolute disgusting behaviour

Stockwood gate

30 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Agreed, I think we all accept that swearing is engrained in the passion of matchdays.  Sometimes it is too much though, I was once stood behind a bloke who shoe-horned so many four letter words into everything he said, that none of it actually made sense. 

I’m laughing at his sheer stupidity. I’ve no problem with swearing generally either but as you say time and a place. I’ve had ‘one of our own’ swear at me with intense venom just because I didn’t stand up if I hated the Gas when he wanted me to.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I suppose by immediately I meant even though it was still morning the loud and bad language and alcohol being consumed suggested it was only going one way and wasn’t going to end well. The constant bad language was even worse on the Brum to Stoke train. 

Dont get me wrong, I’ve been on trains early drinking on away days but always try and remember there’s others on that train that are with children and nothing to do with football. I didn’t see the later scenes that have been mentioned but overall it doesn’t sound good does it?

I was wondering because you said you were immediately embarrassed when you saw them getting on the train. I was wondering if you were on the train or the platform?

5 minutes ago, Mike Stone said:

I was wondering because you said you were immediately embarrassed when you saw them getting on the train. I was wondering if you were on the train or the platform?

On the train, immediately probably wasn’t the right word, soon would have been better.

Back in the day, there were unwritten rules. While far from total observance, most complied.

Never forget getting on a train at Newton Abbot heading to Plymouth. Loads of our ‘lads’ on board noisy, well-lubricated and already ‘well up for it’. Mother with young child around 4 years of age in seats both clearly frightened by the numerous characters in close proximity. One of our lads then started a conversation with said child who immediately was put at ease. How it should be. 

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, RedM said:

I’m laughing at his sheer stupidity. I’ve no problem with swearing generally either but as you say time and a place. I’ve had ‘one of our own’ swear at me with intense venom just because I didn’t stand up if I hated the Gas when he wanted me to.

I should think so, too. Shame on you.

Seriously, though, I had the same thing happen to me some years ago in what was then the Williams Stand against Leeds.

There was a lot of ‘movement’ in our far right hand side and the lower left corner of the East End, and the usual idiots were standing up in front of and behind me threatening this, that and whatever (I was sitting by the half way line!), whilst I was moving my head left and right trying to watch the match.

That in itself invited disapproving looks and comments (Sorry, I was just trying to watch the main event) and when I declined to stand up and join in with the ‘ If you hate the gas chant’ - I was still more interested in the game - I was accused of being a closet Rovers fan.

Very disappointing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The dastardly red said:

It's not just away either. 2 fifty something blokes in the Dolman the other week getting all hard and pushy with a younger fan just as the AG 8 were coming on. Those 'fans' too busy relieving their youth to applaud and witness what was a real special moment 

Wow, the entertainment at football matches has certainly got very modern in recent years.......

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

It is actually an offence to enter or be in any sports ground drunk. These cretins should not be allowed in. Another case if cops and stewards not doing their jobs properly 

It is an offence to enter a football ground being drunk and disorderly, but it's  up to the stewards/police to stop them ,it looked like the police at Bournemouth couldn't be bothering,they just watched on, AS USUAL,

Over 40 years of watching City away, and it’s never been this bad. I’ve been sent flying by ‘Limbs’ and seen a few older people bowled into the aisle/ over seats. Hard to find a safe spot any more, and safety just seems to be ignored. 
Away areas desperately needs a mix of safe standing, and seats where standing not permitted. Then everybody is happy, and safe. 

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

Unfortunately it isn’t just related to football , threatened by a group of four this afternoon will bring stabbed. Took our little lad whose two to the the toilet with me as potty training and trying to encourage, to be called a padeo and my son gay by some numpty to which I replied do you want want a slap - to be met by four outside and one monthly **** threatening to stab me for disrespect . It isn’t just football , it’s booze and coke and it’s only to get worse 

6 minutes ago, daored said:

Unfortunately it isn’t just related to football , threatened by a group of four this afternoon will bring stabbed. Took our little lad whose two to the the toilet with me as potty training and trying to encourage, to be called a padeo and my son gay by some numpty to which I replied do you want want a slap - to be met by four outside and one monthly **** threatening to stab me for disrespect . It isn’t just football , it’s booze and coke and it’s only to get worse 

Wow that’s awful, where was this ?

1 hour ago, RedRock said:

Back in the day, there were unwritten rules. While far from total observance, most complied.

Never forget getting on a train at Newton Abbot heading to Plymouth. Loads of our ‘lads’ on board noisy, well-lubricated and already ‘well up for it’. Mother with young child around 4 years of age in seats both clearly frightened by the numerous characters in close proximity. One of our lads then started a conversation with said child who immediately was put at ease. How it should be. 

Back in what day were there unwritten rules? not in the late 60's and 70's, unless the whole end were in on the defend/attempt to take said end, the general public joined in the mass rampages up and down streets and wearing a scarf meant you were prepared to take someone else's! I certainly did not ask to be pushed about or hit/kicked whilst seated in the Dolman, attacked outside of away grounds, pelted with missiles and caught up in the middle of running battles outside of AG/countless away grounds in the 80's and 90's. I doubt this was uncommon for the regular supporter who was not a member of a firm or looking for trouble. The "only dancing with those that want to dance" BS came out of the football hooligan fiction factory after Steaming In was published to try and make the author ***** appear as folk heroes rather than knobs! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RedRock said:

Yes definitely a good idea for a pissed up, noisy "lad" to go a talk to a 4 year old ? I'd say more often than not that would be even more intimidating

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sticks 1969 said:

I reckon Germany in 2024 could attract the stag party crowd big time . The last few big away games especially Amsterdam attracted some total idiots.

for all the bad things about the World Cup this year a lot of above won’t be in attendance 

And if they are, there's a good chance they won't return

• Flames 1

6 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Not necessarily, the trouble can be worse in non-league as less stewarding (most are volunteers), no police often, no segregation and in lots of places you can drink whilst watching the game.

I use to follow a non league club as a kid with my Dad, and then spent a number of years playing at that level. Big games would attract a lot of the nearby fans of the type were talking. I’ve been to Frome and seen our City lads turn up in numbers acting like idiots.

Big games at Halesowen and Tamworth I remember some trouble. Methyr Tydfil are a horrible bunch. An away game to Worcester once saw us leave with rocks and stones thrown at the team coach.

Ive seen far more trouble at non-league than following City - but I’d say when I’ve seen trouble with City it’s usually been a larger scale. The bottles thrown at us by Hull off Wembley way, bottles of piss and all sorts at Cardiff, been circled by a bunch of Leeds fans walking away from the ground and I can assure not once have I ever been looking for trouble, and it’s also relatively rare I’ve encountered it

Fair enough. Can’t say I’ve had anything like that in non-league, but sounds like you’ve been doing it a lot longer than me!

Ultimately there’s idiots everywhere unfortunately. 

Just now, Robin101 said:

Fair enough. Can’t say I’ve had anything like that in non-league, but sounds like you’ve been doing it a lot longer than me!

Ultimately there’s idiots everywhere unfortunately. 

I'd agree generally it's a much more enjoyable experience, and despite my post it was of course rare - typically big games, e.g. play offs and cup games tended to bring out the idiots.

I still enjoy getting to some non-league games, but I don't have the same passion for the team as I do City so would always chose City games personally

3 hours ago, RedM said:

I’ve had ‘one of our own’ swear at me with intense venom just because I didn’t stand up if I hated the Gas when he wanted me to.

Me too, my ‘crime’ was not singing ‘...and it’s hi ho, Bristol City...’ at Wembley - he bellowed in my face demanding to know why I wasn’t singing - I simply replied “I don’t recall seeing you at Port Vale away” - he wilted like a piece of spinach and slid back into his seat ... why would someone like that bellow obscenities at a fellow fan?! Bizarre 

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Me too, my ‘crime’ was not singing ‘...and it’s hi ho, Bristol City...’ at Wembley - he bellowed in my face demanding to know why I wasn’t singing - I simply replied “I don’t recall seeing you at Port Vale away” - he wilted like a piece of spinach and slid back into his seat ... why would someone like that bellow obscenities at a fellow fan?! Bizarre 

Love your response. I must remember to use a similar one?

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, daored said:

Dreadful behaviour, sorry to hear that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, In the Net said:

Agreed, I think we all accept that swearing is engrained in the passion of matchdays.  Sometimes it is too much though, I was once stood behind a bloke who shoe-horned so many four letter words into everything he said, that none of it actually made sense. 

I know Barton has a reputation ITN , but don’t you think you should say something , or move away from the home bench 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, daored said:

12 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Dreadful behaviour, sorry to hear that. 

It’s not only Halifax.

Several years ago, I was shopping In Sainsbury’s when my toddler daughter, just three or four years old, told me she absolutely had to go to the toilet - she was no longer wearing nappies.

I tried initially to use the ladies toilets, but, unfortunately if perhaps understandably, I was told in no uncertain terms that I was not going to be allowed in - this was by the female clients, not security.

I received the most awful comments and threats when I chose the men’s toilets, but persevered, only to receive exactly the same when we left the (filthy) cubicle, and was abused and spat at whilst I was helping my daughter to wash her hands, and this by men who were leaving the toilets without so much as a second glance at the wash basins.

Very difficult to explain such behaviour to a young girl.

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

It’s not only Halifax.

Several years ago, I was shopping In Sainsbury’s when my toddler daughter, just three or four years old, told me she absolutely had to go to the toilet - she was no longer wearing nappies.

I tried initially to use the ladies toilets, but, unfortunately if perhaps understandably, I was told in no uncertain terms that I was not going to be allowed in - this was by the female clients, not security.

I received the most awful comments and threats when I chose the men’s toilets, but persevered, only to receive exactly the same when we left the (filthy) cubicle, and was abused and spat at whilst I was helping my daughter to wash her hands, and this by men who were leaving the toilets without so much as a second glance at the wash basins.

Very difficult to explain such behaviour to a young girl.

It’s shit that numpties are out and about and are everywhere