IGNORED

Taylor Moore

DT The Optimist

I started the thread re Klose remaining at the club... there were a few comments in relation to Taylor Moore returning to us.... so I thought I would start one  in relation to TM on its own right.  

I fully appreciate NP has implied TM does not feature in his plans, but he is contracted to BCFC until 2023, so perhaps easier said that done...

I had a look at a Hearts forum as he no longer seems to play, or start... and this is an interesting read, although a lot of 'X rated' adults only comments' ?

I get the distinct impression he has not impressed our Northern friends ?

http://www.talkhearts.co.uk/thread-7052.html 

Oh dear !!!

Edited by DT The Optimist

The big thing people might forget with Moore and Vyner is both signed new contracts when they had both broken in the first team and looked like they were set to be regular starters. That would suggest both are on Championship wages. Not necessarily high Championship wages but potentially high enough to complicate a move to League One for either of them. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

The big thing people might forget with Moore and Vyner is both signed new contracts when they had both broken in the first team and looked like they were set to be regular starters. That would suggest both are on Championship wages. Not necessarily high Championship wages but potentially high enough to complicate a move to League One for either of them. 

I suspect Moore is on a lot more than Vyner too.  The latest contract he signed was after the one he signed which brought his halved wages back up to full levels.  Would not surprise me if Moore on £8-10k p.w.  Allegedly Hearts are contributing £7k p.w. for his loan!

My guess for Vyner is half of that.

• Hmmm 1

47 minutes ago, weepywall said:

"Loans from England not up to it"?? that's coming from a club that would probably struggle in the English third division ?‍♂️

Interesting. Doubt very much if they would be a premiership side…possibly a decent championship side..they do have some decent players, mind you I read on that thread they even played TM as a wing back ?. All guess work and debate I guess. Think they are in Europe next year.

46 minutes ago, weepywall said:

"Loans from England not up to it"?? that's coming from a club that would probably struggle in the English third division ?‍♂️

Or Maybe he is not good enough. When he was here and played he was not good and had bad luck. Our team At that time was very poor. Remember Watford away 0-6 i think. Many players injuried and own goal by Moore. Another game his header gave their forward free way to our goal and scored. I believed he would have been a good defender, its not to late for him but his time in Scotland had not been succesful.

1 minute ago, billywedlock said:

Moore has no future at City , needs to move away to get his career going . Should have been doing better in Scotland though , so will prove hard to shift unless he also takes a hit on wages . May want to , as another lost season is not needed at his age . Was doing ok at L1 so maybe that is his level 

Was that when at Blackpool ? Before promotion?  Also league 2 Colchester. 

3 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

They might be on 15k along side Simpson ?

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I feel very disappointed with and for Taylor Moore.

Whenever I have watched him, he seems to have played some nice football, but, almost every game, there has been a costly mistake.

I can’t remember the specific games, but, on more than one occasion, he brought the ball out of the defence elegantly, beating a few opponents on the way, only to lose the ball and find himself stranded way out of position in the opponents’ half.

I also seem to recall two defensive blunders, both against Middlesbrough if I am not mistaken.

Once he mistimed a defensive header, the ball glancing off his head, thus playing Assombalong (spelling?) onside and allowing him to score, and then looking the other way when Bentley rolled the ball out to him, costing yet another goal.

Unfortunately, too many potential defensive blunders for this level.

8 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I feel very disappointed with and for Taylor Moore.

Whenever I have watched him, he seems to have played some nice football, but, almost every game, there has been a costly mistake.

I can’t remember the specific games, but, on more than one occasion, he brought the ball out of the defence elegantly, beating a few opponents on the way, only to lose the ball and find himself stranded way out of position in the opponents’ half.

I also seem to recall two defensive blunders, both against Middlesbrough if I am not mistaken.

Once he mistimed a defensive header, the ball glancing off his head, thus playing Assombalong (spelling?) onside and allowing him to score, and then looking the other way when Bentley rolled the ball out to him, costing yet another goal.

Unfortunately, too many potential defensive blunders for this level.

Agreed - seemed to be devoid of confidence playing at Ashton Gate, probably as well as elsewhere. Thought we had a player there, but he didn’t kick on!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Unlike some signings at the time (eg Engvall) I think I “got”, and indeed we all “got” Moore. England age group international, room to improve, decent attitude. Ultimately he’s not kicked on for whatever reason so it’s time to let go, but I’d take the gamble again

Totally agree, thought he had a big future and we did well to secure his signature, albeit relatively expensive, and as you say would do so again!

Unfortunately i don't think he's big enough to be a commanding centre back and he's not good enough on the ball to move across to right back (at Champ level)

I know it wasn't his fault, but the reported £2 million fee was (another) a really poor deal.

I think he can have a decent League 1 career but he's not good enough for The Champ.

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Unlike some signings at the time (eg Engvall) I think I “got”, and indeed we all “got” Moore. England age group international, room to improve, decent attitude. Ultimately he’s not kicked on for whatever reason so it’s time to let go, but I’d take the gamble again

The problem is, £2m is more than we were paying for some first team starters at that time. He had played 9 games for Lens, and I swear we panicked when other teams were linked to him and just threw money at it. 
You are right of course, money aside (Wiki says £1.5m, rumour was £2m ), young , highly thought of, England age group player etc. Exactly the type we should have been looking at. I just don't think , when your record signing is/was £5m and the first team is stocked with players under £2m that it makes sense "having a punt" at £2m. 

There are a few you can add to the list of similar signings that have taken us to where we are now. 
At least now, through need , we will be more selective and focused in our recruitment.

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

I suppose the alternative argument is that, with the credentials you mentioned, why he ended up here and not another championship club.....maybe we signed him because it looked good on paper.

2 hours ago, East End Old Boy said:

Glad you said allegedly, otherwise impossible to believe!

Always “allegedly” or “I’m guessing” when it comes to wages…as @Spoonsonce asked me “have you seen the contract”.

We have a pretty hefty wage bill, the Chairman said we pay more than a club of our size should…so lots of 2+2!!! ?

32 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

The problem is, £2m is more than we were paying for some first team starters at that time. He had played 9 games for Lens, and I swear we panicked when other teams were linked to him and just threw money at it. 
You are right of course, money aside (Wiki says £1.5m, rumour was £2m ), young , highly thought of, England age group player etc. Exactly the type we should have been looking at. I just don't think , when your record signing is/was £5m and the first team is stocked with players under £2m that it makes sense "having a punt" at £2m. 

There are a few you can add to the list of similar signings that have taken us to where we are now. 
At least now, through need , we will be more selective and focused in our recruitment.

Have to agree, i wonder how many players weve signed for 1 million or more since we came back up? And how many of those would be considered as successful?

1AD2458D-9D5F-46F6-96C8-BF1C8D01AC7C.thumb.jpeg.e957d5ab2f41de4fa7399b412a0cdf22.jpeg

£57.800m spent (22 players)

£29.000m recouped (10 players) - minus sell-ons, e.g. Webster’s sell-on to Ipswich reduces this amount.

(filtered on players £1m+)

Can have a right royal debate on how many are / were a success.

Guess, two main lenses:

- on the pitch

- financial (inc wages etc)

???

(For info, I’ve recently realigned some fees by going back to the club accounts, so they are in a reasonable ball-park).

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Said it time and time before, he was playing his best football a few years ago and then was suddenly dropped and loaned to Blackpool. Doesn’t seem to have recovered since and hard to see here he goes from here.

Yes, that’s how I remember it too. He was playing really well before that loan. 

• Like 3

Pretty sure that Moore was £1.2m up front because unusually Lens quoted the actual figure (in Euros) at the time.

Whether there were clauses based on various things I have no idea but seeing as he still hasn’t managed 50 league games for us, I doubt he would have triggered many.

I thought his time at Hearts was up but having featured in the cup semi final which they won, guaranteeing them a place in Europe & with their best defender off to Rangers they might take him off our hands as a squad player yet.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

1AD2458D-9D5F-46F6-96C8-BF1C8D01AC7C.thumb.jpeg.e957d5ab2f41de4fa7399b412a0cdf22.jpeg

£57.800m spent (22 players)

£29.000m recouped (10 players) - minus sell-ons, e.g. Webster’s sell-on to Ipswich reduces this amount.

(filtered on players £1m+)

Can have a right royal debate on how many are / were a success.

Guess, two main lenses:

- on the pitch

- financial (inc wages etc)

???

(For info, I’ve recently realigned some fees by going back to the club accounts, so they are in a reasonable ball-park).

Awesome, i count that as 22, with kodjia coming in the season before i think, and walsh, watkins and szmodics  all around the million mark too. While some like elliasson were good performers, most just havent been worth it, we can blame ashton and lj all we want, but lansdown sanctioned all that, bringing players in to hopefully generate a big profit, when really we had to sell our crown jewels to keep the whole mess ticking over another year.