IGNORED

Have you renewed?

Red-Robbo

Have you renewed?  

391 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well yet more confirmation of madness in the Robbo family, I have renewed my ST.

With the disquiet over the club's direction; some questions regarding Big Nige, and the prospect of few if any new players this summer - all coupled with an ongoing Cost of Living Crisis, I wonder how many will not renew for 22/23.

I`m not. After nearly fifty years I`ve finally had enough of 10 hour days to watch ninety minutes of football and not getting home till 1am for night matches. Add in the hassle of parking, cost of petrol and everything else it`s finally beaten me.

I`ll never stop loving City, I`ve got too much invested down the years, but I just can`t be doing with the faff of the `match day experience` any more.

I`ll probably get a VPN sorted out and watch via Robins TV so the club will at least get some cash out of me though.

• Like 7
  • Sad 3
  • Robin 6

If, as I suspect, we get around 80% renewal and we end up with circa 10-11k season ticket holders then I think the owner should count himself lucky tbh. It hasn’t been one bad season, we’ve been watching crap football for four seasons now and the mismanagement of the club which will not repair itself short term whoever is first team manager is certainly testing loyalty.

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 6

Would be my 13th season but calling it a day. Not been the same since the east end and don't enjoy it anymore, a ST is a burden.

I wish the club well, and will follow from a distance with a scattering of away games. 

My Wife and FIL will still be going and i'll spend the saturdays with my son, excited about it tbh.

• Like 4

No, and we won't be. Like @Lanterne Rouge it's the sheer slog of a whole day travelling for a 'matchday experience' that has usually been one of extreme frustration. Apart from the chat with @GrahamC it's rarely been worth the effort. It'll be POTD next year, as it often has been in the past, we'll buy memberships. On the upside our last POTD season was 2014-15. Very happy to be out of pocket if next year turns out to be as good as that!

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Not renewing after 20 ish non consecutive seasons (missed a couple whilst at uni) . The only way is down for us next season and I will be putting money on it. I cant bring myself to go to the remaining games, it's just so poor. 

Manager is not up to the task. I dont know if anyone available right now would be either.

Core number of players for next season are not good enough for the league.

Finances are shot so incomings are going to be the same quality as King and James and the like as we are not an attractive proposition at all right now. Sure we could sell one or two but they would have to be replaced and I Don't see us getting better than what we sell. 

We ship goals for fun and Weiman isn't going to get 20 next season. 

Depending on who comes up from L1 I don't think there will be 3 worse teams than us.

Call me a pessimist or whatever but this is how I feel. 

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

If, as I suspect, we get around 80% renewal and we end up with circa 10-11k season ticket holders then I think the owner should count himself lucky tbh. It hasn’t been one bad season, we’ve been watching crap football for four seasons now and the mismanagement of the club which will not repair itself short term whoever is first team manager is certainly testing loyalty.

The way the early numbers are stacking up your 80% doesn`t look far off TBH.

Tempted to get one as the kids are really enjoying going this season, it’s been over 10 years since my last one  I reckon. 

The P&R from Bris swings it for me. Easy enough to rock up at the ground around an hour before kickoff without the faff of finding somewhere to park or the kids getting bored. 

Not overly bothered by the less than exciting football, as the enjoyment comes from the kids enjoying it, if that makes sense? Decent price as well in the family bit. 

• Like 9
  • Robin 1

1 minute ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Tempted to get one as the kids are really enjoying going this season, it’s been over 10 years since my last one  I reckon. 

The P&R from Bris swings it for me. Easy enough to rock up at the ground around an hour before kickoff without the faff of finding somewhere to park or the kids getting bored. 

Not overly bothered by the less than exciting football, as the enjoyment comes from the kids enjoying it, if that makes sense? Decent price as well in the family bit. 

Absolutely. I expect there were times in the early 80s when my old man was thinking **** this we are shit. But as a kid I loved it and he knew that. It’s the same now with my boy. 

• Like 2

The football itself has always been secondary for me and it’s a good chance to see friends which I would see much less frequently if it wasn’t for City. As long as it’s in my means and I am living in Bristol I will always be there.

Having said that, since the re development the pre and post match is much more enjoyable than the game itself and the atmosphere inside the ground which used to be the best bit.

POTD for me next season if I go to any. I’ve used my season ticket for myself about 6 times this season. If it’s not a 3pm Saturday kick off it’s really difficult for me to get there but that’s always been the case. The football also isn’t the main reason ( although that hasn’t been brill). It’s the way people now behave since we’ve come through the lockdowns. Maybe it’s me but I just can’t put up with it any more #grumpyoldman?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Furious Custard said:

Not renewing after 20 ish non consecutive seasons (missed a couple whilst at uni) . The only way is down for us next season and I will be putting money on it. I cant bring myself to go to the remaining games, it's just so poor. 

Manager is not up to the task. I dont know if anyone available right now would be either.

Core number of players for next season are not good enough for the league.

Finances are shot so incomings are going to be the same quality as King and James and the like as we are not an attractive proposition at all right now. Sure we could sell one or two but they would have to be replaced and I Don't see us getting better than what we sell. 

We ship goals for fun and Weiman isn't going to get 20 next season. 

Depending on who comes up from L1 I don't think there will be 3 worse teams than us.

Call me a pessimist or whatever but this is how I feel. 

You're a pessimist or whatever!

?

• Like 1

If I renewed after we got relegated in 2012/13, then this is a much easier decision to renew. The football has been frustrating this season due to conceding  late goals, but compared to the last season under LJ, we are scoring more goals, so more opportunities to jump around, plus we have some genuinely exciting prospects, if we can hold on to them and fit them into the team. Plus after our enforced time away from the match day experience, going back to the pub afterwards remains a guilty pleasure, even if all we do is moan about    what we have had to endure watching yet another last minute opposition goal go in!

• Like 1

I will renew (haven't yet) but if I don't see improvement this coming season it could well be my last. After more than 60 years of watching City I no longer get the buzz of the matchday experience and when we are playing so poorly night games have become a chore rather than a desired pilgrimage. 

• Like 2
  • Robin 2