IGNORED

Sheffield United at home match day thread

We’re lucky not to be going in behind at the break. Both sides lacking that cutting edge up top in the first half.

Sheff Utd have looked decent on the ball, but they’re wide open at the back and have two CBs on yellow cards. 

Bentley looks like he’s got another gaffe in him tonight. 

Edited by tin

Well pretty dull if you are City fan - however despite the jokes I do think we have looked pretty well drilled at the back, other the Bents going a bit crazy. Oddly enough their best real chance he saved really well, the rest have been half chances and long shots. they are a good side with good build up play we could probably do with an extra man in midfield.

Funnily enough as long as we don't concede in the first 5 mins or so after HT - I think we'll get a 1-0 or 1-1, just feels like one of those games, where we'll get a decent chance and tuck it away and they'll keep huffing and puffing. 

Just now, Port Said Red said:

I don't get involved in match day threads usually, but just thought I would pop in to say, God Sky Commentators love Sheffield United don't they? You would think we were playing Liverpool or Man City the way they go on.

In fairness they aren’t exactly going talk about how great we are are they? 

• Haha 1
Just now, Ivorguy said:

For those criticising NP’s training, I see our defence as well organised.

I think on paper our defence is performing exactly how it looks. Is NP getting the very best out of them? I'm not so sure. But we've got lower tier championship players for defenders and that's exactly what we're seeing here. 

HT thoughts. Reminds me of the training scenario when it’s attack against defence. They are slick and clever going forward, with some great touches and movement and we have (largely) held it together defensively, although I can’t see us surviving another 45+ minutes without conceding. 

Unfortunately, when (rarely) going forward ourselves we have consistently lacked anything to cause them any problems and too often we have failed to take the pressure off our defence  by not keeping the ball. 

If this continues I can only see SU winning.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I don't get involved in match day threads usually, but just thought I would pop in to say, God Sky Commentators love Sheffield United don't they? You would think we were playing Liverpool or Man City the way they go on.

True, Its often the case but today is really bad. Warnock has been very kind to us though, let’s hope he really has retired…..

Before kick off, the "studio experts" informed us of the danger from Chris Martin Watching the game it appeared for the first half hour that CM wasn't good enough at this level, then on 38 minutes he put through a very good pass to start an  attack.

On the whole Sheffield appear to have omitted their shooting boots whereas City struggle passing to a team mate.

Interesting before the game to hear Neil Warnock state how he liked Andy W and watched him several times.

During the half time chat will Dan B be praised for his initiative, or be instructed to stay nearer his goal?

One word sums that up - embarrassing.

Never seen Bentley make so many bad decisions, he looked a right clown that half.

Massengo is all over the place, not in a good way either. Chasing the ball like in a kids game and leaving holes in midfield for them to play in. 

Defence can't be faulted imo, just nothing in front of them.

Looking at the bench, I can't see where any changes could be made tbh. If Pring was on the bench, we would have had options.

Maybe King for Massengo if he's fit enough - he can't be any worse.

Defence doing ok?........apart from Bentley who has been eating magic mushrooms instead of easter eggs?  Midfield is completely   non exisistent, which means the attacking players have absolutely no service apart from the occasional whoosh ball, which is pointless, because we have virtually no pace except Antoine, who is at least trying his best.........unlike Martin, who is completely anonymous.  Bring on some youngsters....I say.  Thank God all Utd's strikers are injured.....or else it would be all over by now?

Need to stop aimlessly hitting long balls forward. Hasn’t worked for months. If we were at least trying to play good football I’d be far more patient 

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

One word sums that up - embarrassing.

Never seen Bentley make so many bad decisions, he looked a right clown that half.

Massengo is all over the place, not in a good way either. Chasing the ball like in a kids game and leaving holes in midfield for them to play in. 

Defence can't be faulted imo, just nothing in front of them.

Looking at the bench, I can't see where any changes could be made tbh. If Pring was on the bench, we would have had options.

Maybe King for Massengo if he's fit enough - he can't be any worse.

Massengo the only person looking to carry the ball forward. Not been amazing but he’s the only person with any energy.

• Like 1
Just now, cityloyal473 said:

It looks less in all honesty. I bought five tickets this morning- regretting that right now. This is turgid. 

It will be less in reality. 13K is inclusive of all season tickets, whether the holder actually turns up or doesn't. 13K is also about how many season tickets we have sold for this season. Suggests very few POTD tickets went for this one.

2 minutes ago, Garland-sweden said:

Massengo runs in nowhere. It feels we are one man short in the middle. 0-0 ht good for us. COYR!!!

I think this is always the case with 2 Cm's covering everything attacking through the middle offering and option out wide, defending the middle and backing up the wb's. One mistake and they are past them and at the defense.