IGNORED

Sheffield United at home match day thread

2 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Given the chances we created last half hour disappointed not to win it, not something I thought I would say half time. They had more of the ball, but other than their goal where somebody lost their man for the original shot, restricted them to very little really.

It was a shot Bentley should have held onto.

Just now, Sturny said:

I actually think Klose had a better game. Was exactly where he needed to be. In the first half he cleared up Bentleys mistakes 

Agree thought RA good, RC not bad but a bit dodgy, TK great, clearing up a lot of problems, including, which think is a sign of his quality, when they hadn’t yet come to fruition. 

Really like Benarous, much more awareness than pretty much everyone other than the veteran… Scott. 

Think Andi should be issued with a klaxon and a luminous balaclava that he can use when he makes runs, so that his teammates know where he is. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Another couple points dropped but at least its not three like usual, defensively solid and found gaps to exploit them. Good point in the end!

Mentioned at half time we weren't going to play through them and we didn't need to, when we won the ball clearly and picked the right pass we look really dangerous.

Congrats to CM for double figures this season and hope JD and Semenyo are okay.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, harrys said:

First half was very poor, much much better second half, thought Klose was our best defender, Hans improved 100%, Scott was neat, Semenyo is just a right handful and a real threat, our midfield is so pedestrian without him

Can’t disagree - it’s our midfield that needs sorting.

James is too pedestrian and negative - we need one or two midfielders who can tackle, pick a pass and not get injured!!

5 minutes ago, Denbury Red said:

James is too pedestrian and negative - we need one or two midfielders who can tackle, pick a pass and not get injured!!

Not saying they’re world beaters, but with the system we’re playing at the moment it needs others to come to the party to avoid two of them being overrun. Second half both Klose and Atkinson started to step out with the ball more and WBs and front 3 also gave Sheff Utd more to worry about, which created space. Key for me is players knowing what to do in any given formation (inc the opponent’s), seems odd when (on the face of it) it needs a half time team talk to resolve some of these issues. 

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, harrys said:

First half was very poor, much much better second half, thought Klose was our best defender, Hans improved 100%, Scott was neat, Semenyo is just a right handful and a real threat, our midfield is so pedestrian without him

Pretty much exactly how I saw the game! 

2 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Must be just me then but I thoroughly enjoyed the game. Thought our commitment was spot on. Imo one of our best performance s of the season. A well deserved point against quality opposition.

Agree, thought we played well second half in particular - needed a bit of composure in front of goal or a better final ball 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Denbury Red said:

Totally agree on James - he looks a poor mans Marlon Pack to me at the moment.

22 minutes ago, Denbury Red said:

The problem with James is that he drops in between the centre backs to pick up the ball, leaving HNM alone in the middle. As we've got 3 centre backs and two full backs who don't push on very far or wide, we've got 6 players behind the ball almost at all times.

• Like 1