IGNORED

Barbecue

Bristol Rob

On the topic of great sauces, the Newt does an amazing Brown Source with Pear.

It's more like a BBQ Source, than a brown Source. Insane! (I don't like brown Source usually).

You can get stuff from the Newt delivered free in certain Bristol postcodes.

In keeping with the ketchup theme...

The fella behind the ramp couldn't be more 'Comic Book Guy' from The Simpsons if he tried, but he is only a few minutes walk away from my dwelling.

He stocks some fantastic booze and barbecue juice. And also sells comics. Honestly.

https://bottles-and-books.myshopify.com/collections/food

Smoked ribs for 7 hours yesterday to change things up abit, and I have to say ladies and gents, total overkill.  

Best way to do them, is to smoke them for 3 hours, then wrap in foil and pour in some apple juice before broiling them in the foil pouch for another hour or so.  Makes the meat much more succulent 

F4BCB48C-E3B1-44FC-9FDC-BAAF079DBCD3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

25 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Smoked ribs for 7 hours yesterday to change things up abit, and I have to say ladies and gents, total overkill.  

Best way to do them, is to smoke them for 3 hours, then wrap in foil and pour in some apple juice before broiling them in the foil pouch for another hour or so.  Makes the meat much more succulent 

Wow ,they look great! 

2 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Thanks, made the garden smell great as I sat there watching all the live sport I could, with a great cover story of “I’m looking after the bbq” if anything needed doing. 

Similar sketch for me today, watching the F1, cricket and Wimbledon in the garden whilst pretending to be in charge of the barbecue.

Given the weekend forecast I expect some decent pictures from peoples bbqs this weekend.. .

if your having a few people over and looking for something easy yet fancy - try a rolled and stuffed pork fillet.  Places like the meat machine sell them really cheaply (normally 3 for £10) yet it’s a decent bit of meat.

Take your pork fillet and slice it down the middle, but not all the way through.  

When it’s sliced, open it out and stick it between two sheets of cling film. Use your palm to flatten it out as much as you can, but keeping it together as one piece.

get a teaspoon of pesto, and rub it all over the opened side - use as much, or as little as you like.  Pretty much any Source will do if you don’t like pesto, something spicey or even bbq Source. 

For the stuffing, I generally use feta and grilled peppers, but again, you can pretty much use whatever takes your fancy.  Don’t go overboard as you need to be able to close the thing…

when you have your mixture spread over the open side, have some cooking string handy and begin to close it up, making sure it’s shut pretty tightly. Work quickly as the cheese will start to break down. 

When your ready to cook, you’re wanting to go indirect with this one, so place it on the edge of the coals rather than over them.  Turn it every 5 mins for 30 mins.

When done simply slice and serve.  One fillet easily serves 2-4 people depending on if your having anything else with it. 

I think I first saw this in the grillstock book, and it’s been a staple of mine ever since. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Barrs Court Red said:

I put a Red Snapper on the bbq tonight, and I’ll be honest I feel like I’ve wasted the last 20 years by not having one sooner.  

Got it from the fishmongers in Kingswood, decent place(plaice), we’ll worth a visit.  Spotted some swordfish as well, not often you see that these days. 

Fish on the BBQ is under rated. Mackerel fillets, butterflied and deboned skins side down for 90 percent of the cooking time is Devine. Pour over lemon and butter to serve and it’s delicious

On 10/07/2022 at 10:12, Barrs Court Red said:

That’s some BBQ BCR. Serious envy on my side!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Fish on the BBQ is under rated. Mackerel fillets, butterflied and deboned skins side down for 90 percent of the cooking time is Devine. Pour over lemon and butter to serve and it’s delicious

Yeah Mackerel is fantastic . Not tried filleting one, so will give it a go.

Sardines are my fav. Whole, bit of olive oil and salt and placed directly over the coals, for about 3 mins each side, 

I can’t work out how to make a picture small enough to post, but beef ribs are starting to be my go to for the smoker.

That is until this weekend.  They come out amazing, perfect for Insta, but to eat we’re a disaster, really fatty .  disappointing after all that effort but it really is the luck of the drawer.  

Had some serious BBQ plans for this week, weather has put paid to them.