IGNORED

Scudamore

RedRock

Saw that Richard Scudamore was with SL yesterday.

That would be a good appointment as Executive Chairman, to help share the burden with Jon. 

Family Lansdown - Scudamore - Gould - Pearson. Not a bad off- the -field set up. Almost Premier League I’d say. 

Just need to tweak the coaching with a bit of top quality/experience and sort the recruitment out. Then, with the infrastructure we have in place, there would be few better positioned Clubs in the Championship.

Merely the players to sort then, aside from FFP.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, RedRock said:

That would be a good appointment as Executive Chairman, to help share the burden with Jon. 

Family Lansdown - Scudamore - Gould - Pearson. Not a bad off- the -field set up. Almost Premier League I’d say. 

Just need to tweak the coaching with a bit of top quality/experience and sort the recruitment out. Then, with the infrastructure we have in place, there would be few better positioned Clubs in the Championship.

Share the burden with John. I would love to know what the bloke does.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, RedRock said:

What burden? How many hours a week does JL devote to being Chairman of BCFC? I cannot believe it is more than one or two hours!

Replace JL with Scudamore would be more sensible and productive.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 1

Scudamore helps out a little behind the scenes already. Gould uses him as a sounding board for some things, and he is obviously friends with SL. Not sure they need to go as far as a formal appointment.

If we did I'd probably think he's better suited to being a non-exec director over having another executive.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Mooted as an idea several times on FBC Podcast, a good one at that.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Share the burden with John. I would love to know what the bloke does.

Hopefully asks a lot of questions about what Gould is doing and hopefully is trying to figure out if what Gould is doing is in the best long term interests of the club, you know like he did with Ashton.

“Bristol City are the biggest team from the biggest city that’s never been in and so of course on one level, it’s a source of absolute frustration,” he said.

“But I know it’s also a source of frustration to our owner and benefactor Steve who nobody, no Bristol City fan can have any criticism of the way he has run that club. 

“We got to the playoffs. We were only a Dean Windass overhead kick from the Premier League at that point and so we can get close again.”

Taken from an article dated 15/02/2022

https://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/2022-02-15/nobody-took-bristol-seriously-ex-premier-league-boss-richard-scudamore

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

“Bristol City are the biggest team from the biggest city that’s never been in and so of course on one level, it’s a source of absolute frustration,” he said.

“But I know it’s also a source of frustration to our owner and benefactor Steve who nobody, no Bristol City fan can have any criticism of the way he has run that club. 

“We got to the playoffs. We were only a Dean Windass overhead kick from the Premier League at that point and so we can get close again.”

https://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/2022-02-15/nobody-took-bristol-seriously-ex-premier-league-boss-richard-scudamore

If that’s his view I wouldn’t want him involved with the club whilst Lansdown is here. I assume he was either simply invited as a guest yesterday though.

22 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

I don’t recall Windass scoring from an overhead kick ...

31 minutes ago, Riaz said:

I hope scudamore has nothing to do with this club.

This is the guy who come up with the 39th game!!

Given his experience and knowledge then (if it was an actual possibility) it would be a bit like cutting off your nose to spite your face, to not use him.

But it would annoy me a bit given his role in maintaining the system of parachute payments which make it so difficult for clubs like ours to achieve success in this league. City fan or not.

Edited by steveybadger
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RedRock said:

Easy!

37 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Why not hire a supporter who knows the business of football inside and out and has contacts at the very top of football?

His job was to maximise profits for the member clubs of the prem, he was wildly successful at that.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

I always thought Soundwell was 100% sag territory... he's lying !??

Certainly far more blue than red but like all of East Bristol there have always been City fans dotted about.

Not sure too many areas were ever 100% sag.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

Sounds like a bellend. Just another arse-smoke-blower that will massage Lansdown's ego. Stick to the horse racing. 

Edited by CyderInACan
  • Haha 3
  • Flames 1

6 hours ago, Riaz said:

If you like your football to be about money and little else, Scudamore is your man. 

For me, I hate his legacy in football. Others will love it. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

4 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

If you like your football to be about money and little else, Scudamore is your man. 

For me, I hate his legacy in football. Others will love it. 

Agree. Complete *****. Parachute payments and the Elite Player Performance Plan will be his legacy. 

3 hours ago, The Bard said:

He'd be useful sorting out Bristol Sport which is a shambles from what I can see.  If Lansdown wants to sell up, he could be involved as a deal maker.

Don't want him anywhere near actually running Bristol City though. Need football people for that.

Scudamore would be asset to City simply for his knowledge and contacts within the game, plus he’s a City fan.

I imagine that with his profile in the game that’s he’s had a plethora of various offers many of them global and when Smarmy Ashton left I thought Scudamore would have made an ideal CEO but obviously never happened.

• Like 2