IGNORED

Return of the Mac

bs3

I’m putting my tin hat on so don’t shoot the messenger, I have heard the Lee Johnson and Jamie McAlister are in discussion about a return to the club . 
I’m slightly disbelieving  this myself but the person who told me is genuine and there is a connection to them. 
Anyone else heard similar 

Edited by bs3
  • Haha 9
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 2
  • Flames 1

If that was to happen, let it be soon, then I could save best part of £600

Even with Lansdown's links and love of LJ, it makes no sense on any level.
McAlister  as coach, possibly , but would it be a Pearson appointment or from above ?

I'll be glad when this season ends, it just doesn't seem funny any more.

• Like 14
  • Flames 2

You mean the McAllister who once sat in a press conference as a coach of this club and in all sincerity said "shots on target aren't important" (or words to that effect). That McAllister?

I'd be very pissed off if either of them returned. Johnson had his moments, but by the end it was time to go. 

Don't go back.

• Like 12

Not shooting the messenger OP, but this appears to be as likely as Joey Barton winning the Nobel peace prize.

As has been said, McAllister makes sense - we’re a coach short and I believe he’s local. We’ve had people back before after bigger failures (Tinnion) and they’ve done well. 

LJ on the other hand, that makes no sense. It would be Pearson done and rightly or wrongly, would be divisive. I don’t see them bringing LJ in as manager and I don’t see him being a coach at this stage in his career.

As with most rumours, there is a plausible grain of truth (McAllister) and then it’s gone silly due to the man in the pub.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

If that was to happen, let it be soon, then I could save best part of £600

Even with Lansdown's links and love of LJ, it makes no sense on any level.
McAlister  as coach, possibly , but would it be a Pearson appointment or from above ?

I'll be glad when this season ends, it just doesn't seem funny any more.

I think Pearson would walk if Lansdown interferred with first team coaching appointments. Outside of appointing 'heads of' on the football side, I'd hope lessons had been learned and the board/SL don't have any meaningful input on football recruitment except to agree budgets and an overall recruitment stratagy (if we ever get one).

Re McAallister - Possibly U23 coaching recruitment is up to Tins?

Edited by Sleepy1968
  • Like 3

51 minutes ago, bs3 said:

I’m putting my tin hat on so don’t shoot the messenger, I have heard the Lee Johnson and Jamie McAlister are in discussion about a return to the club . 
I’m slightly disbelieving  this myself but the person who told me is genuine and there is a connection to them. 

You must be talking about Sunderland………………:cool2:

21 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Not shooting the messenger OP, but this appears to be as likely as Joey Barton winning the Nobel peace prize.

As has been said, McAllister makes sense - we’re a coach short and I believe he’s local. We’ve had people back before after bigger failures (Tinnion) and they’ve done well. 

LJ on the other hand, that makes no sense. It would be Pearson done and rightly or wrongly, would be divisive. I don’t see them bringing LJ in as manager and I don’t see him being a coach at this stage in his career.

As with most rumours, there is a plausible grain of truth (McAllister) and then it’s gone silly due to the man in the pub.

Isn’t it just as likely someone has asked McAllister to do scouting reports on Scott, HNM or Semenyo?

As for the comment about him being at the training ground, his lad is involved with us, so he could simply be watching him train.

Could be wrong of course but can’t see a return under Pearson myself.

1 hour ago, SuperRed said:

I read that McAllister was watching the u23s the other week, I would not be surprised to see him come back to coach them given Alex Ball’s promotion to first team coach. 

His son plays in the Academy (very decent player) so maybe not connected.

They are actively recruiting ex players though- Bell and Hewlett for example.

2 hours ago, bs3 said:

I could be wrong, but don't recall you having form for BS before - so benefit of the doubt that this isn't a wind up but I can't see it happening. This has to be nonsense, doesn;t it?

8 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Im surprised people wouldn't have LJ back as a coach.. He was a decent coach but not a man manager. 

Obviously BS though, I imagine LJ to have manager opportunities still. This would some kind of FM game move. 

I’d welcome him back as a coach. I imagine his ego wouldn’t allow it though. 

• Like 1