IGNORED

Return of the Mac

bs3

11 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Im surprised people wouldn't have LJ back as a coach.. He was a decent coach but not a man manager. 

Obviously BS though, I imagine LJ to have manager opportunities still. This would some kind of FM game move. 

Do you think LJ would be happy JUST coaching? If NP was fully on board with it, and he was a coach then maybe - but I feel it just be too much of an issue

4 minutes ago, KegCity said:

I’d welcome him back as a coach. I imagine his ego wouldn’t allow it though. 

This was my thought

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bs3 said:

I’m putting my tin hat on so don’t shoot the messenger, I have heard the Lee Johnson and Jamie McAlister are in discussion about a return to the club . 
I’m slightly disbelieving  this myself but the person who told me is genuine and there is a connection to them. 
Anyone else heard similar 

I’d be surprised but not totally shocked at this to be honest, i bet the thought has entered into Steve and his boys mind over the last few months at the very least.

They surely cannot be stupid enough to do it though. The fanbase would be up in arms and at a time when season tickets need to be sold it would be a PR disaster.

How can you even sell the ‘return of LJ’ to the fanbase? The guy who took us on our all time worst run of defeats and who’s position became completely untenable and beyond toxic at the end?

Edited by bris red
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

This is a duff rumour!!!  When I say “duff” I mean Duff ⬇️⬇️⬇️

image.jpeg.e9124f6b1b6271e2c36a8f0950f13a66.jpeg

Not done badly at Cheltenham at all. They're definitely punching above their weight but without the financial challenges (in comparison to our situation). Not sure anyone would do better than Nigel though at the moment, with the squad and financial constraints we have.  

1 hour ago, KegCity said:

Is that the only reason you’d want MacAllister in charge, or do you genuinely feel he’d be an upgrade on Pearson?

He wants Johnson back as it suits the nicey nicey Bristol City culture we have at the club and some of the fans fall for it. Having LJ back in any capacity will please the super happy clappers there were under his reign. 

I hope none of that Johnson family is ever in any coaching or managerial capacity at this club ever again. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

This is a duff rumour!!!  When I say “duff” I mean Duff ⬇️⬇️⬇️

image.jpeg.e9124f6b1b6271e2c36a8f0950f13a66.jpeg

Managers tend to struggle at higher levels in the same way players do, but the media often seem to assume that doing well as a manager at one level, is likely to lead to success further up. As with players, some succeed, but not many. Not keen on lower league only managers and the idea of LJ/JM returning makes me slightly nauseous, but okay with JM as a coach if NP happy with it. Will be a clear indication from SL re actually seeking success vs wanting a chummy club of low/no progress. Surprised if LJ would accept financial situation. All that said maybe the NP DoF/ LJ head coach combo will lead us to the promised land on a shoe string… hat being marinated a delicious hoisin Source in anticipation. 

Can’t see it happening myself. But if it were, I’d be asking serious questions of SL once again for overlooking the key appointment of a sporting director or DoF in favour of bringing home two old boys, one of whom took a hefty pay-off when sacked after playing a big role in increasing our costs way beyond what was sustainable. 

• Like 1