IGNORED

Looking forward to Rovers promotion to League One!

Curr Avon

17 minutes ago, RobintheRed Red said:

I hate them so much if they go up which looks likely lets hope its in third position the last thing we want for those scumbags is a big day out at wembley if they go up in third position they get no money and no glory for finishing third place in a shit league .

Easy tiger! Why the hatred??? 

It's only forest green ?

They have the 2nd and 3rd top scorers in league 2 but one got an acl injury a few weeks ago and the other one scored his first goal since January on Monday, might explain their dip in form over the last couple of months. From watching highlights of their recent games most goals are either from set pieces or crossing into the box to someone's head so even though they are top I don't think the football on show is as good as some of the other sides below them. Right now I think Rovers have the beating of them and if they don't get promoted Saturday they play Swindon away in the week.

On 20/04/2022 at 12:20, Red-Robbo said:

I, for one, look forward to FGR's progress: Condemning, as it does, the Gas to being the third best team in Gloucestershire. 

(For carnivores mysteriously annoyed by the presence of vegetarians in the world, you can eat elsewhere you know. Buying a pie at football isn't compulsory. I've never eaten at the Gate) 

3rd? you must have forgotten Thornbury Town FC, 

• Haha 1

Good luck to FGR - they attract a lot of snidey remarks about their business model, their support, etc. but as a fellow lettuce-eater and environmentalist I applaud how the club is run and their meteoric rise from the nonleagues.

Had a lively debate with a Walsall fan recently who was poking fun of the following they took to Port Vale. He got extremely upset when I pointed out that a) it’s only up the road from the Black Country and b) the population of that dump of a town is about 10x the size of Nailsworth (and that’s not even counting the wider borough).

• Like 2

On 20/04/2022 at 12:20, Red-Robbo said:

I, for one, look forward to FGR's progress: Condemning, as it does, the Gas to being the third best team in Gloucestershire. 

(For carnivores mysteriously annoyed by the presence of vegetarians in the world, you can eat elsewhere you know. Buying a pie at football isn't compulsory. I've never eaten at the Gate) 

I doubt if carnivores are annoyed by the presence of vegetarians.  Virtually all the meat that I eat is from a vegetarian creature.  Pie eating is a great football tradition for many of us, and if you don't want to eat yours, I will eat if for you.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

I doubt if carnivores are annoyed by the presence of vegetarians.  Virtually all the meat that I eat is from a vegetarian creature.  Pie eating is a great football tradition for many of us, and if you don't want to eat yours, I will eat if for you.

I reckon you already have!  :laugh:

On 20/04/2022 at 12:43, nebristolred said:

Proper bizarre behaviour from people disliking a club purely because they dare to do things differently. People whinge endlessly at veggies for moaning but then moan themselves the one time in their lives that they can't buy a fooking meat pie.

I hope they go up and score so many goals against the sags that they can't fit it in on the scoreboard.

Who was having a go at veggies, or FGR for being vegan?

I don't really have a beef with FGR.

Edited by SecretSam
geddit?
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Baba Yaga said:

They have the 2nd and 3rd top scorers in league 2 but one got an acl injury a few weeks ago and the other one scored his first goal since January on Monday, might explain their dip in form over the last couple of months. From watching highlights of their recent games most goals are either from set pieces or crossing into the box to someone's head so even though they are top I don't think the football on show is as good as some of the other sides below them. Right now I think Rovers have the beating of them and if they don't get promoted Saturday they play Swindon away in the week.

Don’t judge the entertainment value / football on show based on just the goals. 
Yes, FGR score a lot of their goals from crosses. But they are far from a ‘lump it in the box’ team. They play decent football, but their main plan is to get the ball wide and get crosses in. They have a very specific game plan to use the 2 wing backs to get into high crossing positions, hence the big number of assists for Wilson & Cadden.  I’ve really enjoyed watching them this year. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Don’t judge the entertainment value / football on show based on just the goals. 
Yes, FGR score a lot of their goals from crosses. But they are far from a ‘lump it in the box’ team. They play decent football, but their main plan is to get the ball wide and get crosses in. They have a very specific game plan to use the 2 wing backs to get into high crossing positions, hence the big number of assists for Wilson & Cadden.  I’ve really enjoyed watching them this year. 

Do you think Cadden could step up?  There’s some things I really like about him, but whether he can have the same impact at Champ level I’m just not sure.  He’s on my long list anyway, as he’d certainly be attainable.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Do you think Cadden could step up?  There’s some things I really like about him, but whether he can have the same impact at Champ level I’m just not sure.  He’s on my long list anyway, as he’d certainly be attainable.

Ebou Adams is the one the supporters think could step up. Out of contract this summer, Cardiff rumoured to be interested, does have a few disciplinary issues. 

City don't seem to look at FGR players although several have gone the other way. No reason City couldn't have picked up Keiffer Moore and Ethan Pinnock for next to nothing for example 

Edited by fgrsimon
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, fgrsimon said:

Ebou Adams is the one the supporters think could step up. Out of contract this summer, Cardiff rumoured to be interested, does have a few disciplinary issues. 

City don't seem to look at FGR players although several have gone the other way. No reason City couldn't have picked up Keiffer Moore and Ethan Pinnock for next to nothing for example 

They were both watched. In fact, Kieffer was recommended to City when he was still at Dorchester, long before arriving at FGR. 
Ebou is decent, but I think League 1 is his ceiling. Great energy, runs, tackles etc, does everything you want of him, but I think he’s just a little short of Champ level. 
Cadden I also like, along with Wilson the other wing back obvs. I’d like to see Cadden at L1 level before making a judgement on his ability to step to Champ, but I’d say possibly. 
Moore-Taylor is still the lynchpin to all of their success for me. If he was a couple of inches taller he’d definitely have been playing at Champ level. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 20/04/2022 at 16:15, steveybadger said:

Many years ago they changed their name to Stroud FC i think, or something similar, then went back to FGR when it wasn’t very successful. That said the new ground is just off the Stroud M5 junction.

bit like horfield hopefuls,call themselves bristol to sound bigger

On 21/04/2022 at 16:42, Bat Fastard said:

Believe or not?....... Vegan and Veggie Pies do exist.......Pies are not the sole privilege of the Flesh eating classes?  ?

8 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Believe or not?....... Vegan and Veggie Pies do exist.......Pies are not the sole privilege of the Flesh eating classes?  ?

Show me a decent and well textured steak and kidney pie that is still vegan, and I MIGHT concede the point.  Veg is OK with meat pies but a bit uni-dimensional with a veg pie.  All flesh is grass originally.

• Hmmm 2

Was a pretty good day out for a city fan, good atmosphere (from away fans) and was cool watching all the celebrations at the end even though it didn't mean much to me personally. Football was ok, think FGR edged the chances but both keepers had to make important saves, thought FGR might have been on edge because of the occasion but they were on top for most of the 1st half and on another day would have scored a couple of goals. Hope they have a good season next year.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

Was a pretty good day out for a city fan, good atmosphere (from away fans) and was cool watching all the celebrations at the end even though it didn't mean much to me personally. Football was ok, think FGR edged the chances but both keepers had to make important saves, thought FGR might have been on edge because of the occasion but they were on top for most of the 1st half and on another day would have scored a couple of goals. Hope they have a good season next year.

Eww how could you even sit in that dump? I hope you took your Iodine tablets.