IGNORED

Bristol City - Social Media

robin for life

I wonder if I am the only one who has noticed a certain trend in the last 7-10 days on Social Media.

For the best part of the last two weeks, the club has praised HNM, Semenyo & Scott. From showing stats of performances, to accolades on MOTM, to videos of nutmegs and stepovers, the club has actively been highlighting the players traits and abilities way more than I have noticed in the past. It is proper sticking the player in the shop window and highlighting them hoping scouts will pick up on this.

I have a feeling, all three are very much for sale and the club are actively sticking it out there about the trio, hoping they will trend on Social Media, or catch the eye of certain press, and clubs and so on. The fans comment in awe of the players skills and form, but for me there is underhand tactics going on, that whilst it could be conceived as showcasing our young talent, it feels more like a LOOK AT THIS, to try and bring in offers.

I fully expect to see at least two of our young stars sold this summer, possibly all three. I fear we may not get what they are worth, with the club putting out come and get me pleas to a certain extent.

I may be over thinking this, but wondered if anyone else has thought the same when this trio have been splashed all over our socials this last couple of weeks. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'd imagine all three are for sale. I don't think Nige will want to see them go but will understand the necessity. In an ideal scenario I'd love to see us sell Massengo but keep Scott and Semenyo, even if that means accepting an offer/offers for the likes of Bentley, Kalas or Weimann. We effectively need to improve the squad whilst making a hefty net profit this summer, so sales are going to be necessary and, from me at least, encouraged. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

If scouts aren't already aware of them then they're not doing their job properly. 

True, plus if there really is a club out there going “we should sign that bloke, he’s always on Bristol City’s Twitter feed” they are appallingly run.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Not if it is Antoine, At the moment West Ham have no back up for Antonio. And it is West Ham who are "interested" in Semenyo I believe.

Nowhere near that level imo

Edited by Super
  • Like 3

Personally I think we may lose one but no more and if they are advised well they'll stay. Of the 3 I only see Semenyo possibly getting real game time elsewhere because he brings that extra something with his pace and power. Clubs in the top half of the Premier league have their own young midfielders not to have to take Scott or Massengo, although it's possible HNM could move back to France. 

From what I know about past players their Agents are already touting them around months and months before the season ends. One I know of had his head turned in September one year. He had alll sorts of contact from his Agent about loan deals and possible permanent moves for the following January. So basically whilst he played for us he was constantly ‘distracted’ by other clubs. He was OOC the following Summer and left. City did offer him another deal but it was for a shorter length of time than the club he eventually signed for. 

Maybe it’s just our media trying to sell a few Season Tickets and maybe show the players they are a key part of our plans and ‘please don’t go’ ?

The more buzz around the players the better if your going to sell them on .  We are a selling club with massive debts so I expect at least one of our most saleable assets to be sold .  I wouldn’t be surprised to see Wieman go as he’s a goal scorer at this level 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

I'd imagine all three are for sale. I don't think Nige will want to see them go but will understand the necessity. In an ideal scenario I'd love to see us sell Massengo but keep Scott and Semenyo, even if that means accepting an offer/offers for the likes of Bentley, Kalas or Weimann. We effectively need to improve the squad whilst making a hefty net profit this summer, so sales are going to be necessary and, from me at least, encouraged. 

Given we paid top dollar for Bentley and wouldn't get much more than we paid for him, how do we replace a keeper who has saved us many points this season, including another one on Saturday with a great save tipping one round the post. I think Bentley has probably saved us 10pts this season on his own with some of the saves he's made.

Also we would struggle to get more than £1m for Wiemann at his age and theres not way we could replace him so cheaply.

I would be devastated if we sold either of those. More content with Semenyo going, who can fetch big money for a player whose finishing needs improving and could be replaced with the money and our academy looks like it has a few promising forwards coming through. 

I would be very surprised if Massengo was here next year, but thats no big deal to me. I hope Scott stays as he could be very good next year.

• Like 1

It depends what everyone else is willing to pay. Anything more than £3m and I can see HNM going, Scott and Semenyo are more like £15m +. That's not a reflection of ability just the contract lengths. I could easily see someone like Everton getting relegated, panicking and taking Semenyo for £15m.

Guessing youngsters wages provide a bit of protection, ie will need to be serious offers as wage savings not that helpful for our finances. Whereas Kalas and Bentley (plus Wells and Palmer, but less bothered about them) may drive very low offers, which maybe tricky for us to turn down given benefits to wages?

45 minutes ago, robin for life said:

Given we paid top dollar for Bentley and wouldn't get much more than we paid for him, how do we replace a keeper who has saved us many points this season, including another one on Saturday with a great save tipping one round the post. I think Bentley has probably saved us 10pts this season on his own with some of the saves he's made.

Also we would struggle to get more than £1m for Wiemann at his age and theres not way we could replace him so cheaply.

I would be devastated if we sold either of those. More content with Semenyo going, who can fetch big money for a player whose finishing needs improving and could be replaced with the money and our academy looks like it has a few promising forwards coming through. 

I would be very surprised if Massengo was here next year, but thats no big deal to me. I hope Scott stays as he could be very good next year.

Yeah it’s all hypothetical. On Bentley - I do really like him but he does have weaknesses, I think we could sell and replace with cheaper without it being to the detriment of points. A keeper who maybe doesn’t have Bentley’s cat like reaction saves but is better from crosses.

On Weimann, if a bid of 1 million came in then it’s easy, we keep him on. But I could see a desperate team in the Bundesliga or equivalent seeing his stats and throwing a wedge our way, in which case we’d have to take it imo. As I say, all hypothetical at the mo. An interesting summer awaits.

• Like 1