IGNORED

Peterborough - Ticket “buy-back”

Davefevs

• Admin

Guess more to do with making sure as many home fans are at the crucial fixture 

I know that I have slept since but when we played Rotherham at home the season we got promoted something is in the back of my mind that we did something similar 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Wish City would do something like this, but I guess without filling AG this isn’t necessary.

But maybe this sort of scheme would persuade more to buy season tickets. (Although I can imagine a club trying to shift available seats ahead of buy back seats). 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Wish City would do something like this, but I guess without filling AG this isn’t necessary.

Yes I’ve always wished for something similar.

Not necessarily to get money back because as you say we don’t sell out anyway.

I wish there was a scheme where if I can’t make a game I can donate my ticket to someone who’s maybe struggling to make ends meet but would love to take in a match.

• Like 8

Just now, Sleepy1968 said:

What a great idea. Where do I send my refund request - to Rich Gould or Jon Boy? Additionally, I'd like another six or seven of this season's home games to be refunded. Can I lump them in with the Posh refund request?

Send it to your personal account manager. Im sure theyll be able to refund with the added compensation of food vouchers. 

• Haha 3

59 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Yes I’ve always wished for something similar.

Not necessarily to get money back because as you say we don’t sell out anyway.

I wish there was a scheme where if I can’t make a game I can donate my ticket to someone who’s maybe struggling to make ends meet but would love to take in a match.

39 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

What a great idea. Where do I send my refund request - to Rich Gould or Jon Boy? Additionally, I'd like another six or seven of this season's home games to be refunded. Can I lump them in with the Posh refund request?

The two sides of human nature neatly juxtaposed..

• Like 4

I believe a number of clubs already operate that sort of scheme. My mate has a season ticket at Villa and couldn't make a couple of games around Christmas. He informed the club and they resold his seat and he got credit for it.

It would generally only work well for clubs that regularly sell out, but it would be nice for our season ticket holders to have the choice.

21 minutes ago, Edgy Red said:

I believe a number of clubs already operate that sort of scheme. My mate has a season ticket at Villa and couldn't make a couple of games around Christmas. He informed the club and they resold his seat and he got credit for it.

It would generally only work well for clubs that regularly sell out, but it would be nice for our season ticket holders to have the choice.

I was only chatting today to a Villa season ticket holder they have photo ID on there season tickets so can’t give them away to mates 

11 hours ago, Stockwood gate said:

I was only chatting today to a Villa season ticket holder they have photo ID on there season tickets so can’t give them away to mates 

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2021/september/New-measures-to-prevent-resale-of-tickets/

https://tickets.avfc.co.uk/screenloader.aspx?type=include&page=usercontent/documents/html/tandc.html

It sounds like (a) they have a waiting list for season tickets, and (b) they have a problem with ticket touting. Also, you can transfer a season ticket to a guest for a single game 'with the express written permission of the club'. How easy this is to do I don't know. It would certain seem to stop you passing tickets on at short notice. Villa (along with most I suspect) Premier clubs operate an official ticket exchange system. It seems they are at least trying to ensure tickets are made available to actual real fans.

Fortunately (some would say, some would say not) we aren't in Aston Villa's position and you can lend season tickets as long as the person using them isn't taking the proverbial i.e. meets the criteria for the age category of ticket. (In this respect I guess there would be no issues for anyone gaining access on a more expensive age catagory season ticket.)

I look forward to the day when tickets for a city game are in demand again.

1 hour ago, Sleepy1968 said:

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2021/september/New-measures-to-prevent-resale-of-tickets/

https://tickets.avfc.co.uk/screenloader.aspx?type=include&page=usercontent/documents/html/tandc.html

It sounds like (a) they have a waiting list for season tickets, and (b) they have a problem with ticket touting. Also, you can transfer a season ticket to a guest for a single game 'with the express written permission of the club'. How easy this is to do I don't know. It would certain seem to stop you passing tickets on at short notice. Villa (along with most I suspect) Premier clubs operate an official ticket exchange system. It seems they are at least trying to ensure tickets are made available to actual real fans.

Fortunately (some would say, some would say not) we aren't in Aston Villa's position and you can lend season tickets as long as the person using them isn't taking the proverbial i.e. meets the criteria for the age category of ticket. (In this respect I guess there would be no issues for anyone gaining access on a more expensive age catagory season ticket.)

I look forward to the day when tickets for a city game are in demand again.

I had a season ticket for West Ham first two seasons at the london stadium due to it being a bargain and near to where i live until i realised watching the team you actually support even if the players aren’t as good is more fun 

They too had a ticket exchange scheme and if you couldn’t make a game you’d only get 50% of what you’d paid with the rest going to the club who’d then sell your seat at full price so was pretty greedy as they’d already been paid for that seat so got paid twice. 

• Sad 1

It's a great idea. 

As a person who's been POTD for the few games I get to at AG it would really help. 

Currently it's very frustrating to be forced to buy a crap seat, then turn up and see half the SS empty. Yes you can just slip in and sit in a seat, but you run the risk of someone turning up late, or a steward being a jobsworth.

To be able to purchase a returned seat, and so get the view you want with the comfort of knowing you're where you should be, would be great.

Especially when you're paying £38ish for the pleasure.

• Like 3

I said somewhere else. 

If the club buy back the ticket, even at half the cost, they are potentially just making less profit.

If PotD price stays the same, and attendances stay the same, they are literally giving money away.

I don't get to every game, a mate I sit with missed loads through work, but you factor that in before you buy.  Until we can get near capacity , there is no reason for the Club to do it. 
Clubs in the Prem, that run at , or near capacity, could actually make a profit with the scheme, and make sure the ground is full

I still think that, maybe for one season under a "massive thank you from City" , they could drastically cut prices for season tickets. That way they could see if it affects the take up enough to keep it going, a bit like Bradford did. If it doesn't , it was a nice gesture, if it does and they got near 20k , it could prove viable. Never will happen though.

• Like 2