IGNORED

“Most of the squad will still be here next year” - NP

One Team

8 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Statistically that’s bound to be the case, isn’t it?

We have used 29 players this season, only one of those (Simpson) has officially left so far & Bakinson is probably likely to.

Only 4 who have featured (Klose, Cundy, King & O’Dowda) are out of contract & the first 2 of those could get new contracts & even the other two might (much less likely).

We will probably move on 4 or so others, we know the ones we don’t want or cannot afford, but anyone thinking we are getting rid of double figures in numbers like last season is naive.

Probably 4 or 5 in again & 7 out.

And what constitutes "most"?  Is that 51% and above?  Or is it more than that?

8 hours ago, OddBallJim said:

This is a very odd and jarring comment to make by NP considering he has (after several defeats this season) repeated his mantra of getting rid of players that don’t engage with his plan/vision.

It stinks of all bark and no bite to me? :dunno:

So how do you propose we sell players that no other club wants?

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

You of course may be right, probably are right.  I hope that Bristol City try to work to a model that the only players we allow to go OOC are:

- players we signed for £0 in the first place

- players we signed for small fees that were:

• signed late in their career, I.e. there was never any expectation of getting a fee in future, or
  • signed so long ago, we’ve more than got our money’s worth (subjective) and have spread the amortisation over several contract extensions (this could apply to larger fees - e.g. Rob Atkinson is still here in 2032 having played with distinction over 10 years)

Its a set of aspirations / guidelines that should at least be part of the case for whether to sign a player or not.

Letty Matty Taylor (£350k) go for free / OOC is very different to Famara Diedhiou (£5.3m).  I don’t ever want to see someone repeat what happened to Diedhiou.

The power lies with the players though Dave. Unless a club comes in for them with an eye watering package, not now Rudolph, then the logical position to take is, unfortunately, the one I proposed earlier. 
The reverse side of the coin is we bring in quality players that are OOC and when they leave, after their City contract runs down ,the club don’t lose money on transfer fees. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

The power lies with the players though Dave. Unless a club comes in for them with an eye watering package, not now Rudolph, then the logical position to take is, unfortunately, the one I proposed earlier. 
The reverse side of the coin is we bring in quality players that are OOC and when they leave, after their City contract runs down ,the club don’t lose money on transfer fees. 

I think power will shift / has shifted a bit though.

You are right though, there will be more OOC players.  I just want City to be very deliberate with players we pay a fee for.