IGNORED

Bristol Zoo - advice

daored

Morning all,

Heading to Bristol next weekend and taking son to his first game at AG. Planning on something to do on the Friday and considering either Bristol Zoo or Longleat. I understand the zoo is being closed down and moved out of Clifton. Is the zoo still good value for money, or is longleat a better option. The lad is 2 and a half (almost)

Thanks in advance 

Personally I’d go to the zoo as can walk about a bit more,  last time i went to longleat i was in the car for ages 

also - whilst he can’t remember, at least in 20 years time when it’s flats you will be able to remind him everytime you go past that he once went there when it was a zoo!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, daored said:

Morning all,

Heading to Bristol next weekend and taking son to his first game at AG. Planning on something to do on the Friday and considering either Bristol Zoo or Longleat. I understand the zoo is being closed down and moved out of Clifton. Is the zoo still good value for money, or is longleat a better option. The lad is 2 and a half (almost)

Thanks in advance 

The zoo is much more compact than Longleat so for a 2.5yr old a much better option I’d say. Plus it’ll be maybe the last chance you get to go there before it moves up to Cribbs. We used to be members and were up there all the time when our lad was a bairn, 5 min drive from Ashton and £1 parking for members. Lovely spot for a picnic too if the weather is clement. 

Whichever you choose, have a great weekend. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I went for a look round last month, as it was a long while since I was there last. Check the website for booking - popular times (school holidays and such) are more expensive and may need pre-booking.  Other than that it should be a good day out, as there are lots of things to look at, both animals and play areas for little ones. Feeding times for some of the animals are announced so you can plan to be at the meerkats or penguins, say, at the best time.

Personally I can see some of the old parts and buildings from my youth that are now a shadow of the past - perhaps a good thing as welfare is more important thesse days. But there are lots of interesting things to see and the place has lots of ice cream vending machines! Get it whilst you can.

• Thanks 1