IGNORED

Derby County away match day thread

Just now, Davefevs said:

He started the 3 after that? ??‍♂️

Has he replicated his previous performances since that incident? 

I would argue no. 

FWIW, I do like Pring, he's done well this season, and has adjusted well to a new position. 

But we must remember that he is now 24 years old. Some parts of our fanbase seem to treat him in the same bracket as Scott & Benarous who are only 18. 

To some aspect, he is fast approaching the mid-way point of his career, much like Vyner, who fans judge appropriately. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He started the 3 after that? ??‍♂️

Think the Swansea game was bigger, at fault with at least one & been peripheral since.

Looking at today’s subs even if it is catching up with him you would expect him to be there as cover for Benarous at least.

17 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

Can't help but feel that Preston away was a turning point for him. 

Showed inexperience to not run to the corner flag, but at 24 years old, I can't imagine Pearson being too impressed with his decision making. Plus costing us the win. 

I think he's done well in phases this season, considering he has been playing in a new position for large parts. 

Didn’t he get the COVID ? If so he may just be taking time to get his levels back, 

1 hour ago, 22A said:

I've now found a link to their forum that works. https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/39560-derby-county-vs-bristol-city-matchday-thread-saturday-3pm-kick-off/

The match day thread is already four pages long. Some are posting to say how proud they are of their team, others just being rude about not just City, but even Bristol as a whole.

This season has been one of, if not, the best in my 27 years as a ST holder. The bond built between the club and the fans is unbelievable.

Apparently, there's only one team in Bristol, but I have to ask : would anyone outside of Bristol notice if there were no teams in Bristol?

Derby is only famous for being the postal address for every chavvy ITV competition

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

I would argue no. 

FWIW, I do like Pring, he's done well this season, and has adjusted well to a new position. 

But we must remember that he is now 24 years old. Some parts of our fanbase seem to treat him in the same bracket as Scott & Benarous who are only 18. 

To some aspect, he is fast approaching the mid-way point of his career, much like Vyner, who fans judge appropriately. 

I thought he hadn't set the levels of early season before Preston as it happens.  I think what we've seen (ignoring age) is very typical of a player in his first season at this level.  Many players burst onto the scene and then plateau as the demands of the Championship, its quality of opponent, the demands off staying sharp through training when fixtures come thick and fast, etc.  So I'm not surprised at all.  Plus the re-emergence of Jay Dasilva.

I like Pring too, although I think his better displays (on balance) were as LM, rather than LB / LWB.

Assuming he's not on the naughty step, then he should kick on again with a good pre-season.

• Like 1

Bizarre wing back situation for City now isn't it?

Two 18 year old midfielders by trade, making do in those positions.

Can't help feeling putting Benarous there today against Ebiowei is akin to the Sam Bell against Chong mismatch at the Birmingham game; and we all know how that turned out.

Oh well, onwards and upwards.......

14 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

I would argue no. 

A good point, very well made.

Without wanting to do Cam down, I’m not sure when he started to get bracketed with Scott, Semenyo and Massengo, but it wasn’t the right grouping. I think he’s done well for his first season at this level but it’s not been a “Bobby Reid” type breakthrough for a slightly older player - it’s been good, but not spectacular

And there’s the rub - you’re a scout and you see Cam performing well but with some inconsistencies and rough edges you’d expect from his first season, you write his name down. And then you see his age and you cross it back out - unlike Antoine or Alex, you don’t have the time to send him out on loan to develop if you sign him as then he’s 27 by the time he’s ready.

He’s doing fine as a “bottom third” championship player at the moment. Next season is huge, as if he doesn’t develop from there, he’d be on the list as a potential one to lose in summer 23 should we wish to kick on.

Again - like him, not doing him down. It’s the reality of his age and comparatively late start that if the club progresses, he has to really speed his progress through.

• Like 2

Slightly disappointed in the line up today, was hoping for an appearance from Zack Bell at rwb, allows us to have a look at Scott in the middle again and try something new with little risk. It could potentially save the club time and money in the market looking for a starting/ back up at rwb and worst case we realise he’s not quite ready like we did with Towler (accept we weren’t safe at that point). Even putting him or anyone else on the bench instead of king who looks like he won’t be here next season? I can understand wanting momentum for next season especially with such a short off period this year but surely we need to take advantage of these games to test something different for next season, unless the plan is to carry on like we have this season…

I like Pring (hence the profile picture). It would a good interview question to ask NP if someone is brave enough :laugh:! but at this point in th season we don't know what is going on, he may have and injury that needs dealing with, may have been told we want to look at other players in the run in - to prepare for next season. We really have no idea so no need to make a assumptions - especially given Benorous is LWB by the looks of it, clearly experimenting today.  

• Like 1