IGNORED

Derby County away match day thread

2 minutes ago, Leveller said:

For those interested, I'm following Taunton's progress (only via Twitter) and they have just taken the lead. Hayes, their only rivals for promotion are currently 2-0 down. Looking good.

As soon as I post, Farnborough equalise! Still safe for Taunton unless Hayes score 3.

15 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Were the crowd giving him some stick? Good response 

"you're just a shit Nahki Wells" was what I thought I heard?????

Decent enough first half, built some tidy moves, forced a load of corners.  Lovely ball into Martin from Semenyo for Andy's goal....must've been very tight for offside (Like Swansea away maybe?).  Semenyo has been looking to pinch Stearman's pocket....and boy did he finish it.

Just seen goal....Davies led on the ground, Weimann level with his hips....so miles onside.

All about good habits second half.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, richwwtk said:

Williams being a bloody good midfielder that improves us as a side when playing.

Probably get pelters for saying it but not convinced he does. We played our best football with Massengo and Scott together in midfield. Williams has shown some nice bits of skill and some great individual passes but we play at a considerably slower tempo with him in the side than without. He's not a box to box midfielder and doesn't seem to break up play much either.

Would love for him to make me look like an idiot and put in the performances that many seem to feel he'll eventually put in though.

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, KegCity said:

Probably get pelters for saying it but not convinced he does. We played our best football with Massengo and Scott together in midfield. Williams has shown some nice bits of skill and some great individual passes but we play at a considerably slower tempo with him in the side than without. He's not a box to box midfielder and doesn't seem to break up play much either.

Would love for him to make me look like an idiot and put in the performances that many seem to feel he'll eventually put in though.

Tbf, in the system we currently play and we know isn’t the one Nige prefers, Williams job is not to be box to box. He’s meant to sit in.

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Tbf, in the system we currently play and we know isn’t the one Nige prefers, Williams job is not to be box to box. He’s meant to sit in.

Thought Pearson said he wasn't a defensive midfielder though? I agree I think he's at his best when sat in front of the back line, I just don't rate a lot of the decisions he makes with the ball and he doesn't really break up play either. People clearly rate him though so feel like I must be missing something.

Just now, KegCity said:

Thought Pearson said he wasn't a defensive midfielder though? I agree I think he's at his best when sat in front of the back line, I just don't rate a lot of the decisions he makes with the ball and he doesn't really break up play either. People clearly rate him though so feel like I must be missing something.

He’s got a far better passing range than James imo. I also think he needs a run of games to get to maximum sharpness which he hasn’t managed so far.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Derbyshire has some beautiful countryside tbh.

As for today, missed first 10 mins but quite pleased so far. Didn't go in the end,  seems a strong away display but still lots to do.

Martin-Weimann assist-goal. Sold and didn't renew? Cheers Mel!

That’s because you wouldn’t have made it out alive.

• Haha 5
1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

He’s got a far better passing range than James imo. I also think he needs a run of games to get to maximum sharpness which he hasn’t managed so far.

He rarely shows it though. Both play a lot of 10 yard passes sideways and backwards, or 40 yard punts to nobody. Really odd as you don't see Massengo, Scott or any of the other midfielders do it. I personally think he's had quite a lot of chances now, certainly not one to write off just yet but at the risk of being impatient it's time to either produce or cash in.

Just now, Tafkarmlf said:

Sam Bells pass for the corner was odd. 

We're sitting back arent we? 

Our biggest problem is we aren’t able to keep possession well enough to sit on a lead. That has to be improved because the stats show we lead games more than enough to be able to be far more comfortable in the table than we have been.