IGNORED

Derby County away match day thread

2 minutes ago, kiwicolin said:

Good win City. 

Why did Derby have 4 subs ? 

Was there a head injury that we didn't know about  ? 

We did too. I think Alex Scott was a concussion injury so both teams allowed an extra sub as we had to sub him off due to protocols

• Thanks 1

It may not be clear at all times, but Pearson is getting this team to play some good football, and we look a more solid unit. 

The front 3 are a product of evidence of what Nige has contributed in his time here. Consistency with selection has been a positive factor, allowing each individual to understand eachothers strengths. Today's first goal is a reflection of that. Semenyo, Martin and Weimann all played a part in the goal. 

Year 1 complete, now time for the next stage of progression to begin. 

I'm really looking forward to the summer. We will operate within limited resources, but I have faith that Nige already has targets in mind. 

Up the City!!!

• Like 6
  • Flames 1

Seemed to be a bit more pattern to our game, though losing Alex Scott seemed to spoil it a bit.  Derby did have a couple of chances they missed, but so did we.  Good result in a game that didn't really mean anything to either side.

Antoine looks more of a beast as each game passes and it was nice to see Andi score his 20th and Timm Klose bag his first.

Edited by wendyredredrobin
  • Like 1
15 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

It may not be clear at all times, but Pearson is getting this team to play some good football, and we look a more solid unit. 

The front 3 are a product of evidence of what Nige has contributed in his time here. Consistency with selection has been a positive factor, allowing each individual to understand eachothers strengths. Today's first goal is a reflection of that. Semenyo, Martin and Weimann all played a part in the goal. 

Year 1 complete, now time for the next stage of progression to begin. 

I'm really looking forward to the summer. We will operate within limited resources, but I have faith that Nige already has targets in mind. 

Up the City!!!

Possibly. But it feels Like we’ve been here before under Pearson.   Signs of something building but then it all just disappearing. Let’s hope he can get us more consistent. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Starting to feel like we actually have something to build on this summer. Rather than just "oh shit sign some good players quick" like last summer. 

That first goal today was great, and the Semenyo finish was excellent too. So much young talent too. I feel more optimistic than pessimistic.

Interesting that this decent run has coincided with the Cundy/Klose/Atkinson formation at the back.  We now have some consistency, height and mobility at the back, and no more of Kalas’s ridiculous long throws.

I don’t think I’ll ever understand this season, as long as I live.  That we’ve accumulated more points than last season seems patently absurd, and that confusion seems to be reflected in the attitude of the fans to Pearson.  No surprise at all to me that opinions about Pearson have varied dramatically, and no call for anyone to have a go at people with different opinions to their own.  If we have genuinely turned a corner then fair play, let’s hope that next season will show further improvement.  

• Like 4
54 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Would have been a "nice" touch if, when one of our subs came on they took off their track suite tops to reveal the shirt with "Popodopolous" across the back! 

Even better if the first player out for warm up was wearing a t shirt with "I'm Mr Popodopolous" .

The rest of the team follow with their t shirts saying " no, I'm Mr Popodopolous!"

• Haha 2
58 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

If Antoine had dedicated his goal to HMRC I'd have been delighted.

In there matchday thread they do actually say this:

"I’m not one for the EFL referee conspiracy but this fella seems to be giving Bristol weak decisions that he isn’t giving Derby."

"Perhaps related to or been reading their Mr P"

Although to be fair it's obviously a bit tongue in check - still funny. 

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Don't forget we're a phoenix club, too!

The trailblazing original one, at that ?

We've also been in league 1 not too long ago. But right now, at this moment, it's my club that is solvent, in the Champ for 22/23, has a 20 goal a season striker, and has just beaten them 3-1. So just today, I'm being smug.

• Like 1