IGNORED

Derby County away match day thread

Just had a look at their match day thread. Their forum really is delusional. The referee was a bit pony, but he was even handedly poor. This constant theme of the referees give us nothing under the orders of the EFL is as delusional as backing Mel Morris all the way into oblivion and blaming Gibson for it! 

God I won’t miss them next season or ever if they go bust. 

For the record City we’re well worth their 2/0 at ht. Derby had a 20 minute spell in the second half and the guy on the wing is a bit decent, but really, people over there are happy that the squad appear to be staying if they make it out of administration. I think they under estimate the top end of league one like everything else!

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Just had a look at their match day thread. Their forum really is delusional. The referee was a bit pony, but he was even handedly poor. This constant theme of the referees give us nothing under the orders of the EFL is as delusional as backing Mel Morris all the way into oblivion and blaming Gibson for it! 

God I won’t miss them next season or ever if they go bust. 

For the record City we’re well worth their 2/0 at ht. Derby had a 20 minute spell in the second half and the guy on the wing is a bit decent, but really, people over there are happy that the squad appear to be staying if they make it out of administration. I think they under estimate the top end of league one like everything else!

its not the top end they have to worry about,how many of their squad will survive a trip to the swamp, viles,berryberry to name just 2 common ailments 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Interesting that this decent run has coincided with the Cundy/Klose/Atkinson formation at the back.  We now have some consistency, height and mobility at the back, and no more of Kalas’s ridiculous long throws.

I don’t think I’ll ever understand this season, as long as I live.  That we’ve accumulated more points than last season seems patently absurd, and that confusion seems to be reflected in the attitude of the fans to Pearson.  No surprise at all to me that opinions about Pearson have varied dramatically, and no call for anyone to have a go at people with different opinions to their own.  If we have genuinely turned a corner then fair play, let’s hope that next season will show further improvement.  

And we’ve lost an insane amount of points very late in games.  Even with half of those, season would be looking half decent. Despite some dire performances. Agree very odd season but definite progress. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Interesting that this decent run has coincided with the Cundy/Klose/Atkinson formation at the back.  We now have some consistency, height and mobility at the back, and no more of Kalas’s ridiculous long throws.

I don’t think I’ll ever understand this season, as long as I live.  That we’ve accumulated more points than last season seems patently absurd, and that confusion seems to be reflected in the attitude of the fans to Pearson.  No surprise at all to me that opinions about Pearson have varied dramatically, and no call for anyone to have a go at people with different opinions to their own.  If we have genuinely turned a corner then fair play, let’s hope that next season will show further improvement.  

At his worst this season NP has reminded me of the Derek McIness team - constant tinkering with the defence leads to uncertainty and goals conceded. Now I realise it’s a bit chicken and egg - you can’t keep players in a team who constantly make mistakes - but given the patience he’s shown to other players, in particular younger ones, I’m a little surprised he hasn’t previously just chosen a defence and just stuck with it for a period. Is it a coincidence that the back 3 at the moment are more or less the last ones standing, so he hasn’t had a choice?

• Like 1
  • Admin
14 hours ago, chinapig said:

Since owners aren't personally liable how do you sanction clubs without affecting fans?

And fans aren't innocent bystanders if they take no interest in how their clubs are run while demanding their owners take financial risks to secure promotion.

Any sympathy I have for Derby fans is tempered by the fact that they appeared mostly to back Morris as he ran their club into the ground.

As fans, what could we do to change the way Steve Lansdown runs our club?  Not a lot I’d say, the only way would be a season and on the day ticket boycott that had nigh on 100% support.

4 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Nice to bring us level with Derby in this apparent alter universe where we'd be in a relegation battle without the points deductions

Quest showed the League table sans deductions.

We'd be 18th and all but safe. The other BCFC though would be facing a real scrap. Think they would be 3rd bottom while we would be 6 points ahead with a superior GD.

Derby would be safe, Cardiff, Hull and Reading all below us.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Maesknoll Red said:

As fans, what could we do to change the way Steve Lansdown runs our club?  Not a lot I’d say, the only way would be a season and on the day ticket boycott that had nigh on 100% support.

Being able to change it is one thing, but the sheer jubilation at perceived loopholes (at least based on social media and forums) and unquestioning support in a range of ways quite another. 

I'd hope that we, as fans, would take greater issue even if unable to ultimately affect change.

• Flames 1
  • Admin
5 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Being able to change it is one thing, but the sheer jubilation at perceived loopholes (at least based on social media and forums) and unquestioning support in a range of ways quite another. 

I'd hope that we, as fans, would take greater issue even if unable to ultimately affect change.

The vocal minority?   I’ve no idea if that’s the case, I’m sure there will have been Derby fans who took issue with it, but were as powerless as we are in influencing the running of our club.  

9 hours ago, Alan Dicks said:

We seem to have picked up a bit since Kalas has been sidelined.

Whether that is down to Kalas, who has not been on top form this season it has to be said, or simply the fact that Bentley, Cundy, Atkinson and Klose have putting in the work on the training ground, playing every week and building up an understanding which has seen us concede 3 in the last 4 when we might expect to be conceding 8 in that number of games is open to debate.

• Like 1
On 23/04/2022 at 08:49, Abraham Romanovich said:

59 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Oh no it does not 

You need to make an acceptable offer to HMRC before you gain access.

• Haha 2

Better team won on the day fair and square and a match slightly better than your normal end of season fare even if the whole game and atmosphere felt decidedly flat. 

To cover a conversation in the build up to the match from a different thread, the options you have in attack this season are significantly stronger than we've got and I think that was borne out yesterday.

• Like 14
  • Robin 1

I thought it was quite an open game all told- probably the lack of pressure on both sides contributed to that.

Couldn't believe the miss at 2-1 by Derby I think it was- looked easier to score! Think Semenyo took his goal quite well but Stearman could have been stronger too- then again we arguably could have done a bit better for the Derby goal. Thought we created good chances on the break although Derby had a lot more of the ball. I'm usually heavily biased towards possession football so credit for that but it isn't the be all and end all.

I'll be honest, our strikers are not bad and probably better than Derby's. OTOH as I mentioned in other areas of the pitch, I consider Derby to have some superior individuals- good strikers are useful but can only take a side so far at times.

On 23/04/2022 at 18:29, Mr Popodopolous said:

20 goals to Weimann, none of them pens. Brilliant for him! Very happy for him.

Not bad for a guy who 'runs around a lot and points' eh.

Thoroughly deserves it, consumate pro.

Yes indeed Pops. Interesting that he's had his best season by miles with us, this season. Can't be anything to do with the coaching can it???!!

• Like 2