IGNORED

Andi Weimann

Lanterne Rouge

11 minutes ago, Malago said:

Andi has started all 44 games and as long as he avoids injury next week he should complete the season.  As a matter of interest anyone know who was the last City player to do this.  I know some of the team of the 70s did it, Brian Drysdale etc but there must a more recent player who’s started every league game.

Marlon Pack (18/19).

• Like 1

I never thought this was possible but Weimann has somehow recovered from a serious injury, long term layoff and bounced back by not just scoring 20 but a variety of goals, some really good finishes, and of course his trademark endeavour. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 3

11 minutes ago, Malago said:

Andi has started all 44 games and as long as he avoids injury next week he should complete the season.  As a matter of interest anyone know who was the last City player to do this.  I know some of the team of the 70s did it, Brian Drysdale etc but there must a more recent player who’s started every league game.

I feel like Flint had an incredibly long run of successive games, including every minute in 16.17?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Very few City players have got 20 league goals in a season at Tier 2 level. 

So have a Thatchers on me tonight, fella. Prost!

When we reached the play-offs in 2007/08 Darren Byfield top scored with EIGHT goals. So a brilliant achievement. Just 4 more to beat Tammy's 23 in 2016/17.

9 minutes ago, mozo said:

I never thought this was possible but Weimann has somehow recovered from a serious injury, long term layoff and bounced back by not just scoring 20 but a variety of goals, some really good finishes, and of course his trademark endeavour. 

And not one penalty.

• Like 9
  • Flames 1

Why come on here and once again slag wells off when hes hardly had a chance this season.if he had played as much as some of our forwards did this year it might of been different.but since wells signed for us some people on this on site have had it in for him.if hes still here next season  get behind the bloke instead of slagging him.As for ANdi hes been superb this year that what's this topic was about and not let's slag off wells.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

His enthusiasm, never-say-die attitude and hunger for goals seems to be as strong as the day he first took centre stage.

A solid professional and good example for others to follow,

Says a lot for a guy who's thirty years old.

Well done Andi.

And all after a career threatening ACL injury..................what a Diamond!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, reddevil said:

Bobby Reid got 21 in 17/18. 

Brilliant season from Weimann, especially coming back from a torn ACL

19 of those were league goals, only Abraham & Maynard have scored 20 Championship league goals since the early 70s.

To come back from a serious ACL injury, play numerous positions for the overall good of the team, and still net 20 league goals in a struggling team is a brilliant testament to his professionalism and a fantastic personal achievement. Good on him. Extending his deal last summer is proving to be our best bit of business. Player of the season by a country mile.

• Like 7

I must admit, never thought AW could hit 20 league goals in a season. I was in the camp that recognised he ran around a lot, but all too often with no end product.

Prior to this season his highest total for us was 10 and his all-time high just 12 in 2012-13 season!

Aside from his 20 goals, he has had 9 assists this season too and that with us struggling in the bottom half of the table as well. He has most certainly benefitted from NP mainly playing him more central, all too often in the past LJ has him playing on the flank where he really isn’t that great an option.

Anyway, credit where credit is due, and a recall to the Austrian squad as well, Bravo!

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, old_eastender said:

I must admit, never thought AW could hit 20 league goals in a season. I was in the camp that recognised he ran around a lot, but all too often with no end product.

Prior to this season his highest total for us was 10 and his all-time high just 12 in 2012-13 season!

Aside from his 20 goals, he has had 9 assists this season too and that with us struggling in the bottom half of the table as well. He has most certainly benefitted from NP mainly playing him more central, all too often in the past LJ has him playing on the flank where he really isn’t that great an option.

Anyway, credit where credit is due, and a recall to the Austrian squad as well, Bravo!

Definitely so.
Nige realised that Weimann  would be even more effective playing behind the front two as an attacking midfielder and consequently AW has reached the 20 goal milestone and with two games to go could add a couple more.

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

I was strongly against the signing of Wells. It was a vanity signing of a player in the most purple patch of all the purple patches in purple patch town. It was expensive, unnecessary, and typified the Ashton style.

I am aware I am being petty, but I'm glad it's Weimann who's hit the milestone first. He's an absolute pro, and was a good signing (and re-signing).

Agree, it's not Wells himself I have an issue with. More what he represents.

And what is that exactly?