IGNORED

Alex Scott

kiwicolin

4 minutes ago, Mr Sno said:

£10 million + appearance and goal fee + 30% sell on clause = very tempting.

I think it will be hard to get much more.

We need to keep him. He has great potential and part of the next two season progression in NP plan for Prem at BS3.

Just now, City oz said:

We need to keep him. He has great potential and part of the next two season progression in NP plan for Prem at BS3.

True - I suppose the question is how much will he be worth in a years time- maybe that value will be 15 20 mil.

Unless we have to sell due to FFP maybe keep him. I suppose a lot depends if we can shift Palmer, Wells and Kalas.

He’s not ready for the step up yet imo. Especially on a consistent  basis. If he did go I can see him loaned out to a championship club , so why sell him . 
It seems like massengo won’t be signing a new contract so he needs to be sold in the summer. That should hopefully put a big dent in our ffp problem . 

Edited by steviestevieneville
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think we will want more than £10m, nobody will offer what we want, and he will still be here next season.

Also, if as most suspect HNM leaves this summer & we get an offer we can’t refuse for Semenyo then perversely we are in a stronger position to reject any offer because we will have brought in a considerable amount of money & Scott won’t be a drag on the wage bill the way others clearly are.

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think we will want more than £10m, nobody will offer what we want, and he will still be here next season.

Agreed, I can't see us valuing him at £10m. £15-20m more likely. If we don't make good progress next season then I have no doubt he'll be off next summer. 

27 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think City value him a lot higher than £10 Million. Because of his involvement in the England setup there a few teams aware of his potential 

• Like 3

Strap yourselves in as all of the speculation about those three players is only going to increase when there's nothing else to report on.

It might help for someone in the know to list their current contract situations to help keep things in perspective as I can't recall exactly except that Scott's recently signed a new one? & Semenyo has another year +? I think HNM is on the shorter length.

1 minute ago, Swede said:

Strap yourselves in as all of the speculation about those three players is only going to increase when there's nothing else to report on.

It might help for someone in the know to list their current contract situations to help keep things in perspective as I can't recall exactly except that Scott's recently signed a new one? & Semenyo has another year +? I think HNM is on the shorter length.

HNM I think we need to sell.

43 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Problem is clubs know our financial position and will look to take advantage of it. We may want £x for a player , the question is can the club afford to turn down a lower bid with where we are ?

3 minutes ago, Slippin cider said:

I hope we keep our best players , it’s difficult to progress if clubs sell their best players . You end up treading water or going backwards.

We’re a selling club unfortunately, always have been and always will be 

£10m is far too low. Can't see it.

Kelly went for 50% more than that and don't defenders tend to have a bit less value? Scott is scoring goals as an 18y/o in a Championship side and starting for his England age group. Keep him if that's the offer we get. See him move up into the England U21s and look at the offers next summer.

• Like 2

Why do fans of this club can’t wait to sale our past young . Here a thought maybe just maybe we try to hold on to our best players and build a team which is capable of challenging for promotion.

We have always been a selling club and this is why a club of our size has never played in the Premier League.

They is only one time in our history we held on this our best players and that was in the early and mid 70s.

• Like 3

Under contract until 2025, swat away all the vultures and build a side round him.

2023-24 season he swaggers us into the Prem, gets a Euro 24 call-up in a World Champion England side and then signs a new deal with us before Liverpool at home on August 17 2024 for our first game back in the top flight.

Can anyone tell I am in a positive mindset? Any comments about delusion will not be absorbed.

You redsssssss!

Edited by TomThumb84
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Robin 1

I think the amount of PL linked with him will ultimately force the price up "IF" we consider to sell.

I'm not convinced that a load of PL sides won't be waiting to see if Scott is returned to his favoured position next season; and how he adapts to a Championship season in that role. They're certainly not going to be looking at him as a RWB, there are better examples of those already in the division (Spence at Forest being a good case in point).

Looking at the squad as a whole, if NP wants some sort of revolution in terms of the playing squad, I think he would have been greatly encouraged by the play of some of the players over the last 4 games. Maybe instead of 7-8 players, he's now only looking at only 4-5.

If however NP wants to fund the 7-8 strategy then the only way would be increase income into the club through sales. HNM is an obvious one, but that money would probably only plug any potential gap in our FFP status.

A Weimann sale could have potentially catastrophic implications, if next season he carries on like this one. Semenyeo will start to have suitors no doubt, is there any Ghana games over the Summer? Again like Weimann, we've stayed up this year due to the amount of goals we've scored not our defensive prowess. To break up the WSM trio would put us at a disadvantage.

So then we come to Scott. Huge potential there for everyone to see of course, and the way he's adapted to having to play various positions within the team shows maturity beyond his years. But for me, at present; as described above if i was going to spend £15-20M upwards on an 18 year old, I would be looking at where is his strongest position; and his performances there. We have of course not really seen that this calendar year due to him deputising at RWB.

I can see the feeding frenzy starting in earnest in the January window next season, if; and only If he is playing in CM, and his performances reinforce his upward trajectory.

Until then, I think Scott will stay a City player into the 22/23 season. Unless of course, a team really gambles, and goes £20m+ on him. I can't see it myself.

Edited by NcnsBcfc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tafkarmlf said:

I mentioned in the Transfer forum thread that I suspect it will be Jude Bellingham figures. 

Eze went for 16 plus, despite being older, Lloyd Kelly went from us despite being older

Scott can play in a number of positions. 

20-25 is my ball park figure, given length of contract, age, potential and international stuff. 

20-25 is far too much, people will want to see him consistently playing in his best position before spending that.

Unless you have FFP issues he won’t be going anywhere as no one will pay what you want this season.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I think £10m is a bit off the mark, could be worth much more to us.  I'd say we should be thinking closer to £20m bearing in mind his age and the premier league has silly amounts of money and we're skint.

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, bs3 said:

Why do fans of this club can’t wait to sale our past young . Here a thought maybe just maybe we try to hold on to our best players and build a team which is capable of challenging for promotion.

We have always been a selling club and this is why a club of our size has never played in the Premier League.

They is only one time in our history we held on this our best players and that was in the early and mid 70s.

Garland to Chelsea for100k in '71 ( a huge fee then) and more surprisingly his replacement Peter Spiring to Liverpool for 60k a couple of years later.

Ritchie & Merrick could have gone to Arsenal in the promotion season for a joint 240k fee but turned the move down.

Not sure how many other bids we had but certainly the fees for Garland and Spiring would have meant the club were more able to fend off interested parties while also getting in the likes of Gillies, Cheesley, Mann and Shaw to build the promotion team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tafkarmlf said:

I mentioned in the Transfer forum thread that I suspect it will be Jude Bellingham figures. 

Eze went for 16 plus, despite being older, Lloyd Kelly went from us despite being older

Scott can play in a number of positions. 

20-25 is my ball park figure, given length of contract, age, potential and international stuff. 

Agree for the most part. I would have him in the 18-22m range for actual sale. Think asking 25m is likely. 

1 hour ago, daored said:

Problem is clubs know our financial position and will look to take advantage of it. We may want £x for a player , the question is can the club afford to turn down a lower bid with where we are ?

We’re a selling club unfortunately, always have been and always will be 

Our finances should be fine in terms of points deductions. Probable sale of Massengo eases any worries. Kalas, Bentley, Dasilva, Palmer and Wells I imagine will be free to go. Even 1 of them helps a good deal. So I don’t think there is pressure to sell at near half the price we can probably get. 

16 minutes ago, SPAZZA said:

20-25 is far too much, people will want to see him consistently playing in his best position before spending that.

Unless you have FFP issues he won’t be going anywhere as no one will pay what you want this season.

One thing city is good at is getting the fee they want. Laughed at when we wanted 8 figures for Kodjia got 11m. Laughed at when we wanted 20m for Webster we got it. Joe Bryan and Bobby Reid got us near 15m in the last year of their contracts. 

So you are right, he will not be going anywhere if no one is close to those figures. 

• Like 2