IGNORED

Alex Scott

kiwicolin

30 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

But what is he worth if Fulham were to sell or someone make an offer, I assume that price was agreed before his current season performances. 

Probably in the range of Bowen and Benrama. Bowen was about 20 with add ons and Benrama 25 with add ons iirc. 

45 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

My estimates based on revenue of £26m this season / £28m next season is that we can make a loss of £14.5m next season.  However based on attendances this season, I think my estimates of this season are conservative. But all guesswork.

Will be honest, a while since I've had a proper look. Do you mean an FFP loss or an accounting loss of £14.5m? Hopefully the former! I'll certainly go with your estimates.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Will be honest, a while since I've had a proper look. Do you mean an FFP loss or an accounting loss of £14.5m? Hopefully the former!

Accounting loss I’m afraid (22/23).

No transfer profit expectation though.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

That sounds roughly in line with what I was thinking, in that ballpark- and yes like you no transfer profit expected at time of calculation.

You 2 fellows sensibly assume no transfer profit but the club set itself up to operate on the basis that transfer income will cover a very large wage bill! Genius!

• Haha 2

Norwich now may have entered the race.

That one perhaps worries me a bit more, direct competitor ie in our division, would be more likely to get regular gametime if they dropped yet a good profit and the ever present Parachute Payments...

https://the72.co.uk/271476/norwich-city-join-leeds-united-and-tottenham-in-pursuit-of-bristol-citys-alex-scott/

On 24/04/2022 at 15:29, Loco Rojo said:

All this talk of us having the power to keep him because of his contract length.  For me, im not sure that means that much anymore. 

All it will take (if we reject offers and hold out for what we should ask for - resulting in him staying here) is his agent to turn his head with stories about the PL lifestyle and cash he can earn and we could end up having an unsettled player to manage. 

Unfortunately the power is with the Agent and the player. Modern football

Sell the agents left testicle. 

4 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Norwich now may have entered the race.

That one perhaps worries me a bit more, direct competitor ie in our division, would be more likely to get regular gametime if they dropped yet a good profit and the ever present Parachute Payments...

https://the72.co.uk/271476/norwich-city-join-leeds-united-and-tottenham-in-pursuit-of-bristol-citys-alex-scott/

Has Nige been chatting to Shakey.

On 24/04/2022 at 21:27, Davefevs said:

Yes, done deal, price agreed in the summer….but of an FFP fudge imho.

I'm curious as to how this works in practice. I didn't think a player could agree terms on the basis that a club might be obligated to buy him in the future, so would this 'deal' still be dependant on the player agreeing terms with Fulham?

28 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I'm curious as to how this works in practice. I didn't think a player could agree terms on the basis that a club might be obligated to buy him in the future, so would this 'deal' still be dependant on the player agreeing terms with Fulham?

I can only guess that Wilson agreed his terms at the time too…or Fulham are picking up his Liverpool contract in its entirety.

Obligation to buy is covered in accountancy terms here:

image.thumb.png.17bf8d29be3f265daf4b8fb707018896.png

• Thanks 1

On 24/04/2022 at 12:33, SPAZZA said:

20-25 is far too much, people will want to see him consistently playing in his best position before spending that.

Unless you have FFP issues he won’t be going anywhere as no one will pay what you want this season.

Exactly, which is why he'll almost certainly stay.

I’d be disappointed with anything less than 20m for Scott. To play as many games as he has in the Championship at his age is no small achievement. Regular at England U19 level as well. 
Has got plenty of time on his contract and will win young player of the year. 

Time to see if Gould can match the only thing Ashton seems to have been any good at - getting top dollar for our players. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, billywedlock said:

Brennan J is being talked about at 20-25 m . He is 20 years old , 1 season in L1 and the current one in Champ. I would hope and assume we would want another year from A Scott to try and reach a similar sum. Unless someone jumps the gun . But imho we will be looking for those numbers . Why wouldn’t we . Plus we can only sell him once .  
( I know different type of players , but midfield talent if that good is in that price area ) . 

HNM is a different issue due to contract , maybe Antoine too as he is 22 . 

I would hope we try and keep both of the AS for one more season , and try and sell well HNM to get us through FFP next season . But wishful thinking will not come into it . Money will talk , but we will be holding out for very strong fees . 

There seems little prospect of Han signing a new contract and therefore he is the most likely departure.

There’s an outside chance Antione my play in the World Cup with Ghana which could see his value rocket.  We have Alex Scott tied up for 3 more years.  If we can balance the books by selling HNM and offloading the likes of Palmer or Wells I believe will keep both ASs this summer, unless somebody comes in with a stupid £25m plus offer for either, which is unlikely.