IGNORED

End of Season Awards 2021-22

shahanshahan

6 hours ago, TBW said:

Why arent Diedhiou and Bentley on the POTY trophy from the past two years?

Because the engraver who does all our work wasn’t taking orders during covid, and is now stupidly busy so we couldn’t get it sorted in time for yesterday. Rest assured we’re on his waiting list. :) 

• Haha 1
  • Robin 2

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

There hasn’t been for a while has there?  Seem to recall the last couple have been daytime training ground affairs.

The SC held presentation evenings for many years but in recent times those events have stopped and this season were held at the training ground.

One benefit for holding such an event was that fans could attend and see the various awards presented to the winners ‘live’ and an opportunity to meet the players.

Imo it’s a shame that it hasn’t happened for a while now.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The SC held presentation evenings for many years but in recent times those events have stopped and this season were held at the training ground.

One benefit for holding such an event was that fans could attend and see the various awards presented to the winners ‘live’ and an opportunity to meet the players.

Imo it’s a shame that it hasn’t happened for a while now.

With the awards being presented before the season ends, it probably makes sense there is no ceremony or big event.

Especially when we have a season with little to shout about.

Maybe next season, when we have the title confirmed in March, they'll organise a bigger-do! ?

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Wasn’t a clear winner apparently 

It should go to NTTDS - John attends every City match home and away and has done so for many years. He’s the most dedicated and loyal City that I’ve ever met.

He deserves such an award Imo.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Maybe next season, when we have the title confirmed in March, they'll organise a bigger-do! ?

No chance. We'll all be too pissed.

16 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It should go to NTTDS - John attends every City match home and away and has done so for many years. He’s the most dedicated and loyal City that I’ve ever met.

And is the nicest man in the world.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

I’m not knocking that fact, but I do think that when taking into consideration both time and travel costs it is considerably easier for him than most. Everything is relevant. 

Personally I don’t agree with Fan of the year unless there is exceptional circumstances. I also think the awards ceremony was a bit of a closed shop which is a shame.

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

The skip and bin photographer of the year award would have been a foregone conclusion too.?

• Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, RedM said:

I’m not knocking that fact, but I do think that when taking into consideration both time and travel costs it is considerably easier for him than most. Everything is relevant. 

Personally I don’t agree with Fan of the year unless there is exceptional circumstances. I also think the awards ceremony was a bit of a closed shop which is a shame.

I think you’re bang on.

The fact is that the fan of the year will typically, unless exceptionally, have a small voting base (hence the 15 but that’s still low). Unlike with players where we all know what they’ve done, for fans it tends to be the immediate circle only. Even this forum is a small number of fans representatively.

I also think that comparing one fan to another is unhelpful. If someone makes one game a year or 46 they’re a fan, and  it’s usually circumstance (both financial and personal) that dictates. I’m a non singing Dolman dweller. As I pay more than the south stand does it make me more of a fan? no. As I sing less does it make me less of a fan? No.

I don’t think it’s a great idea for an award, even though I acknowledge the intent.

I’m less passionate about the “closed shop” awards. The SC&T have done the work, and arranging a wider event when we’re not long out of restrictions isn’t that realistic. Fair play for the work done and hope they enjoyed themselves - hopefully a fuller event next year.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

17 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think you’re bang on.

The fact is that the fan of the year will typically, unless exceptionally, have a small voting base (hence the 15 but that’s still low). Unlike with players where we all know what they’ve done, for fans it tends to be the immediate circle only. Even this forum is a small number of fans representatively.

I also think that comparing one fan to another is unhelpful. If someone makes one game a year or 46 they’re a fan, and  it’s usually circumstance (both financial and personal) that dictates. I’m a non singing Dolman dweller. As I pay more than the south stand does it make me more of a fan? no. As I sing less does it make me less of a fan? No.

I don’t think it’s a great idea for an award, even though I acknowledge the intent.

I’m less passionate about the “closed shop” awards. The SC&T have done the work, and arranging a wider event when we’re not long out of restrictions isn’t that realistic. Fair play for the work done and hope they enjoyed themselves - hopefully a fuller event next year.

I agree, I think there have been some obvious ones, e.g. Oskar who captured a lot of people’s hearts (players and fans alike), so I don’t think it should be awarded for the sake of awarding it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedM said:

The presentation award ceremony used to be very successful for the reasons I highlighted earlier in this thread and I agree it’s real shame that they no longer happen.

I don’t buy the ‘we’ve not a successful season’ excuse either.That’s not a viable reason imo.

When I was involved in the SC as was we had to get the agreement from whoever the manager was at the time and only time we didn’t organise one was the year we got relegated back to L1.

Edited by Robbored

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I agree, I think there have been some obvious ones, e.g. Oskar who captured a lot of people’s hearts (players and fans alike), so I don’t think it should be awarded for the sake of awarding it.

Really good point- that was an obvious standout in an amazing year but in truth usually most of us have absolutely no idea who to vote for in this category in a particular year.

My old man is 81 & is still a regular, the chap who sits behind me is in his late 80s, these two have both been going for ever, who is to say beyond the obvious examples like Oskar who deserves it more than either of them?

Certainly going to every game if you have the time & money doesn’t make you a “better” supporter than someone skint who sees 3 games a season as that’s all they can afford or someone who does the same due to their caring commitments.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, RedM said:

I also think the awards ceremony was a bit of a closed shop which is a shame.

It’s the club who want it at the training ground on a non match day, we just have had to fit in with that. We’d love it on the pitch just before kick off, but have been told we’re not allowed to do that 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Because the engraver who does all our work wasn’t taking orders during covid, and is now stupidly busy so we couldn’t get it sorted in time for yesterday. Rest assured we’re on his waiting list. :) 

But they'll all be out of order now.