IGNORED

End of Season Awards 2021-22

shahanshahan

3 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

No, because they haven’t been done for at least two years, so we need to do a job lot on the trophies. 

I mean that it jumps from 2019 to 2022 so can't just add Bentley and Diedhiou on the end. Have to replace the entire plaque cus of getting the current winners put on it. 

9 hours ago, RedM said:

I’m not knocking that fact, but I do think that when taking into consideration both time and travel costs it is considerably easier for him than most. Everything is relevant. 

Personally I don’t agree with Fan of the year unless there is exceptional circumstances. I also think the awards ceremony was a bit of a closed shop which is a shame.

Give it to the guy whose shed burned down with all his memorabilia inside.

Edited by TBW

On 29/04/2022 at 17:33, Dollymarie said:

It’s the club who want it at the training ground on a non match day, we just have had to fit in with that. We’d love it on the pitch just before kick off, but have been told we’re not allowed to do that 

Which is a shame. I understand why it cannot be on a matchday before a match, I don’t think that is a good time either as it would be a rushed distraction.

But how many fans attended, was it open to all? Did people know it was happening and could ask to attend? And if so most people generally work during the day so not a good time unless you are retired etc.

In the past wasn’t it an evening event? I understand due to Covid it naturally had to be scaled down but it would have been nice for more fans to have the option to attend to celebrate the return to normal. I don’t buy the argument that players aren’t available in the evening as I’m sure if there was a posh restaurant opening for example they would be all over it. 

9 hours ago, RedM said:

Which is a shame. I understand why it cannot be on a matchday before a match, I don’t think that is a good time either as it would be a rushed distraction.

But how many fans attended, was it open to all? Did people know it was happening and could ask to attend? And if so most people generally work during the day so not a good time unless you are retired etc.

In the past wasn’t it an evening event? I understand due to Covid it naturally had to be scaled down but it would have been nice for more fans to have the option to attend to celebrate the return to normal. I don’t buy the argument that players aren’t available in the evening as I’m sure if there was a posh restaurant opening for example they would be all over it. 

Again, it’s the club who tell us where to be if we want to hand over the awards. Their argument is they need to focus on the games left, and we can’t do it post season as they all bugger off on holiday.

For what it’s worth I agree with you, but given the last few seasons there’s been a combination of covid/not much to celebrate, there hasn’t really been much of an argument to push for a bigger “event” as such. The last time that happened was pre covid and in 2017 when Tammy won everything, that happened out on the stage in the Winterstoke car park. 

I guess that’s why the players do the lap at the end of the last home game, so fans can show their appreciation then. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, shahanshahan said:

Special Recognition Award presented today in the Supporters Bar before the game. Congrats to Leah Case & Eve Ralph!

As well as pink goblets, both were given a presentation pack of WKD blue, and a commemorative ironing board cover.

Seriously though, good to see that campaign recognised, been a long time coming.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

As well as pink goblets, both were given a presentation pack of WKD blue, and a commemorative ironing board cover.

Seriously though, good to see that campaign recognised, been a long time coming.

I know you’re joking Rob, but I’m guessing the goblets are red, as opposed to Bristol BLUE glass?

The campaign feels even more special as I think it really started in Bristol.  Good on them.

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I know you’re joking Rob, but I’m guessing the goblets are red, as opposed to Bristol BLUE glass?

The campaign feels even more special as I think it really started in Bristol.  Good on them.

As long as they weren't engraved Doncaster Wanderers (or whatever it was the Fewers managed!) I'm sure they'll be much cherished.

6 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Again, it’s the club who tell us where to be if we want to hand over the awards. Their argument is they need to focus on the games left, and we can’t do it post season as they all bugger off on holiday.

Hmmm……..things have clearly different  since I was involved. We used to try and hold the awards either after a home match towards the end of the season in negotiations with whoever the manager was at the time. It was usually quite straightforward.

Im a little surprised and disappointed that the club now decide when and where to hold the awards event. It denies the supporters the opportunity celebrate in person with the winners.

How times have changed.

Just now, Robbored said:

Hmmm……..things have clearly different  since I was involved. We used to try and hold the awards either after a home match towards the end of the season in negotiations with whoever the manager was at the time. It was usually quite straightforward.

Im a little surprised and disappointed that the club now decide when and where to hold the awards event. It denies the supporters the opportunity celebrate in person with the winners.

How times have changed.

It is a shame, but aside from a big event that required catering, tickets, money etc.... it doesn't seem unreasonable that those who put the leg work in to organising these awards get a bit or lunch with the players, hand out the gongs and then everyone can go about their business.

To make it an 'event' they would probably have to wait until after the last game, by which time they'll all be on holiday.

19 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

It is a shame, but aside from a big event that required catering, tickets, money etc.... it doesn't seem unreasonable that those who put the leg work in to organising these awards get a bit or lunch with the players, hand out the gongs and then everyone can go about their business.

To make it an 'event' they would probably have to wait until after the last game, by which time they'll all be on holiday.

When the old SC bar was located firstly in the old Williams stand and latterly in the old Dolman we held the awards on the premises. However they became so popular that non SC members often tried to muscle in and that became a problem so it was decided that we’d hold the event in the space under the old Dolman. However that space is now the concourse!