IGNORED

Happy birthday DAVID MOYES ( another old picture)

sticks 1969

1 hour ago, MC RISK77 said:

That away kit was a thing of beauty!!

It wasn't an away kit. Quite controversially, it was introduced only for the 1987 Freight Rover final, against Mansfield - who wear yellow, so no kit clash. No need to change kits, simply an attempt to cash in. I've always hated that kit as a result (not helped by us losing the game).

48 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

It wasn't an away kit. Quite controversially, it was introduced only for the 1987 Freight Rover final, against Mansfield - who wear yellow, so no kit clash. No need to change kits, simply an attempt to cash in. I've always hated that kit as a result (not helped by us losing the game).

David Moyes wearing his “I missed a penalty shirt!” ?

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, supercidered said:

Other things of beauty that day were the 2 treacles that responded to the chant from the City fans to remove some items of their clothing. I obviously need to be careful of what I type here but those who were there will definitely remember!

Put me right off the penalties.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, supercidered said:

Other things of beauty that day were the 2 treacles that responded to the chant from the City fans to remove some items of their clothing. I obviously need to be careful of what I type here but those who were there will definitely remember!

Funny how your memory fades as you get older but some things stick in your mind. I recall it as if it was yesterday..

6 hours ago, SecretSam said:

Because he's the one we all remember for missing a pen...

I still don’t know why Joe Jordan didn’t step forward to take a pen - this guy had played for Leeds, Man Utd, AC Milan, Scotland etc - scoring goals at the highest levels and in multiple World Cup finals tournaments - yet he didn’t back himself to splaff one in against Mansfield?! He let five Bristol City defenders take penalties in that shoot out without speaking out as a gnarly old, highly experienced, international centre forward ....

14 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I still don’t know why Joe Jordan didn’t step forward to take a pen - this guy had played for Leeds, Man Utd, AC Milan, Scotland etc - scoring goals at the highest levels and in multiple World Cup finals tournaments - yet he didn’t back himself to splaff one in against Mansfield?! He let five Bristol City defenders take penalties in that shoot out without speaking out as a gnarly old, highly experienced, international centre forward ....

Good question. Mind you, we were second best on the day, Mansfield <<grits teeth>> deserved to win

• Like 1